When Clinton was President

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

financeguy

ONE love, blood, life
Isn't it interesting that when Clinton was President the 1993 WTC bombers were arrested and successfully put in trial in a public court? Four men are now serving life sentences for this crime and they were convicted without the use of water boards or other 'creative' methods of torture.

Just sayin'.

Clinton was the best President we'll ever have. An intellectual juggernaut, a non-partisan, a brilliant lawyer, and owner of the best political mind of his generation.

And I still feel like I'm understating it all.

wait, what? haha, Financeguy, c'mon now. selective memory is a gift i suppose. Bin Laden was a apart of that as well, right? And do you remember the 15 minute window they had to kill him and Clinton chose to hold off (well he dealyed too long). Don't worry Bill, they came back and finished the job, it just wasn't on your watch.

odowdpa said:
wait, what? haha, Financeguy, c'mon now. selective memory is a gift i suppose. Bin Laden was a apart of that as well, right? And do you remember the 15 minute window they had to kill him and Clinton chose to hold off (well he dealyed too long). Don't worry Bill, they came back and finished the job, it just wasn't on your watch.

15 minute window? Wow. The Bush administrations have had 4 years (and counting).

edgeboy said:
....He also found time to cheat on his wife!What a guy!

you're right!

because NO other president EVER in the history of the US has EVER cheated on their spouse.

odowdpa said:

but if you look back, and i've done a documentary on this, they possibility to kill him was based on sketchy intelligence, they weren't sure if Clinton was there, and there were several heads of prominent Arab families and oil sheiks (i believe ... recalling some of this from memory) all gathered in the same place.

can you imagine the political blowback if Clinton had launched a missle, we'd killed a dozen or so innocent-and-important Arab leaders, and *not* gotten OBL?

hindsight is 20/20.

Irvine511 said:

can you imagine the political blowback if Clinton had launched a missle, we'd killed a dozen or so innocent-and-important Arab leaders, and *not* gotten OBL?

hindsight is 20/20.

wait, isnt that what he did when they bombed the factory to divert attention from Ms Lewinsky? :wink:

Its disrespectful to call the man the greatest president ever. Just as much as it is to call him the worse.
He wasnt a bad president by no means, true he did have his downfall's ( playing hide the cigar in the oval office for one. Being married to queen douche his wife for the other and straight getting on TV and lying to the american people and then saying he was meaning sex as in intercourse) I personally dont think Bill was a bad guy just heavily influenced by his wife.

My question is, Did he really pass the cigar off to Arafat afterwards? And If so did Arafat sniff and go wait this isnt cuban! it smells ....*sniff*....polish. :ohmy:

UltraVioletMofo said:

wait, isnt that what he did when they bombed the factory to divert attention from Ms Lewinsky? :wink:

i take your other points, but we're talking about something different. OBL was a highly sought-after target in the 1990s, an assassination attempts, all covert, were attempted.

the bombings in Sudan took place after the event i mentioned earlier.

nbcrusader said:
Damn. If we could have just arrested, tried and convicted the 9/11 highjackers, we'd all be happy now.

:angry:

it's really too bad the bushies reverted to a cold war mentality in early 2001 and were more interested in making an enemy of china (remember that whole plane incident?) than in pursuing terrorism.

it's too bad we had such an incurious president.

Irvine511 said:

i take your other points, but we're talking about something different. OBL was a highly sought-after target in the 1990s, an assassination attempts, all covert, were attempted.

the bombings in Sudan took place after the event i mentioned earlier.

Your right it did take place after but I was refering to the hoopla the bombing in sudan caused.

It's not like we're very good at assassination attempts. Taking a totally amoral position, it's almost embarassing how inept we are at it.

Sorry to bring it up but the whole cigar thing is just awful. It takes
a real freak do to something like that let alone a man that's the
president.

I don't know if you'd have to be a freak to do that....

lets call it...:hmm: creative!:wink:

Yes and this case was matched by a brutal interrogation of Ramzi Yousef by the Phillipines authorities, the little issue of bomber Abdul Rahman Yasin escaping to Iraq and given a type of sanctuary.

Oh and there was Al Gores enthusiastic support for rendition back in the day (check the 9/11 comission), the unfortunately innefective attempts to take out Bin Laden.

Oh and as cited in the other thread when they issued the indictment it made clear links between Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein, all that pre-war intelligence was being used by the Clinton administration in a time when the cost benefit of not aggresively pursuing these terrorists fell on the side of complacency. Almost makes you wonder why Berger was stuffing his pants with all those documents.

Ok I know how much people dislike GWB. The only reason many people dont give crap to clinton is because we were becoming filthy rich. Let's see, we had the first WTC Bombing. Kosovo, USS Cole, African Embassy Bombings, Oh and dont forget when he was having fun with lewinsky and then had to answer for it, he did the Wag the Dog and blew up a medicen factory (bad intelligence people.
Sudan offered Mr. Clinton OBL 3 times but turned them down and this was after the first WTC bombing. No one was protesting all the shit Clinton did. The wars we went into (somolia). Under Clinton Iraqi citizens were starving while France, Germany, and other countries were paying Saddam off with money and this was under clintons administration. No one said a word about that. Why?
Because the market was good so why care about other people. We are all hypocrits. Clinton was no better than bush. Again the only reason people said he was good is because we were becoming rich, arrogant snobs. We still bombed Iraq on a daily basis under Clintons amdinistration also dont forget.
Everytime a republican goes into office. Everyone hates them( unless your Lincoln,and even he was hated.) If a Democrate goes in office we love him or her. Democrats=Big government and the citizens feeding off the Teet of the Government. Republican=self dependance and smaller government.

edgeboy said:

See,republicans are cool too.:wink:

:lol:

be prepared to be killed edge boy:lmao:

even though its free your mind you have to keep things like that to yourself ....:|

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom