When are you seeing U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seattle, April 25th, section 101, row 25, seats 1 & 2. This will be my first U2 show, and the first concert I've been to in seventeen years. My husband has informed me that he 'goes to listen to the music, not to jump around', so I'm going to have to make up for his stoic non-involvement by jumping twice as much.

drhark said:

An Cat Dubh and Electric Co. Wow.

Wow indeed. I am confident we are in for an incredible tour.

For those who don't visit the setlist forum, here's the stats on some of the rarities that were played.

Fill in the following sentence with the data below: On 26 March 2005 at the LA Sports Arena, it was the first time in [years] that [song] was played.

Running To Stand Still - 11 years, 3 months, 16 days
Zoo Station - 11 years, 3 months, 16 days
40 - the full band version had only been done once in 15 years, 2 months, 16 days
The Electric Co. - 17 years, 7 months, 23 days
An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart - 20 years, 6 months, 2 days

Stories For Boys was snippeted in Vertigo. The last time it was played was 22 years, 11 months, and 30 days ago ... at the LA Sports Arena.

Last edited:
A_Wanderer said:
Just a request not to move this thread, even though it's not enetirely relevent there is a bit of an FYM community ~ I would like a more informal bit of chit chat.

:grumpy:

:wink:

Aight, in the interest of FYM community spirit, I'll let it stay put. :)

Oh, and anyhoooooo...

Sat. 5/14: Philadelphia, nosebleeds (with :heart: Ewen :heart: and most of the Octagon kids)
Sun. 5/22: Philadelphia again, nosebleeds again (with my best girlfriend from college)
Sat. 10/8: NYC, GA (with April)

Dreadsox said:
Anne....

I spent $300 a seat for the Sat, Night Show.

Why am I so bad at this kidding stuff? :mad: I am so literal sometimes it kills me!

The other thing that is killing me right now is that there have been tickets to the Chicago concert on Bono's birthday available on ticketmaster all weekend. If only I could not put a limit to spending and responsibility and go! I just called them up again on ticketmaster. :sigh:

Someone buy them already and stop this temptation!!

BostonAnne said:

The other thing that is killing me right now is that there have been tickets to the Chicago concert on Bono's birthday available on ticketmaster all weekend. If only I could not put a limit to spending and responsibility and go! I just called them up again on ticketmaster. :sigh:

MCAS testing...or I would buy them...

Damn you no child left behind

I'm not.

Unless the bottom falls out of U2's popularity and they have to play small clubs. If that happens, I'll be all over 'em, but otherwise.... :|

(I really can't stand arenas and/or large crowds)

indra - the amazing thing about U2 is that you don't feel like you are in a large crowd. It feels like they perform for you and your closest friends. I hope one day you get to experience it.

Wednesday, April 6, Staples Center, LA...

We ended up paying 200 bucks each for our seats through TM - despite them being clear across from where the stage is... It's my first time seeing them, so my friend and I took anything we could! I'm not complaining -- I'm in the building, right? :)

BostonAnne said:
indra - the amazing thing about U2 is that you don't feel like you are in a large crowd. It feels like they perform for you and your closest friends. I hope one day you get to experience it.

Trust me. It doen't matter what the band makes me feel, I'd still know there are thousands of other people there too. I was a bit wigged out at a show with about 800 people (800 calm people too), so there is no way I'd enjoy it. No worries though...at least I don't have ticket buying stress. :wink:

Scarletwine said:
5/10 Chicago 114 seats (sorry Anne:drool: )
Pittsburgh GA
Cleveland GA

:drool: damn seats are still there on tickemaster! :Sigh: one does have to draw the line of overspending somewhere I suppose.

I'm so glad you are going to the show! :)

indra said:

Trust me. It doen't matter what the band makes me feel, I'd still know there are thousands of other people there too. I was a bit wigged out at a show with about 800 people (800 calm people too), so there is no way I'd enjoy it. No worries though...at least I don't have ticket buying stress. :wink:

My best friend hates crowds, so I understand. :hug:

Monday 3/28 - San Diego (I had GA but the morning of the show, I traded it for a lower level side view seat near Edge. Best move ever!)

Friday 4/1 - Anaheim - section 412, row C

Wednesday 4/6 - LA - section 218, row 6

Monday 9/12 - Toronto - GA

Re: should have shared idea with icelle

deep said:

:laugh:

I had a gut feeling that the GA situation wasn't going to work out for me...when I found out that people starting lining up at noon the day before and got confirmation that a lottery system would be used, I decided to trade. I had an awesome view, I didn't have to sleep in my truck and I helped a nice couple who had one GA and one seat and were going to be separated for the show. I was by myself so sitting alone was fine with me.

I think I would rather do GA later in the tour when all the kinks have been worked out.

Saturday, April 9th, HP Pavilion, San Jose - GAs
Wednesday, November 9th, Oakland Arena, Oakland - GAs

I feel weird in seats at a rock show. The energy is so much better on the floor.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
(I had GA but the morning of the show, I traded it for a lower level side view seat near Edge. Best move ever!)

all this whining about inside / outside the egg

is making think about trading my GA for a reserved seat and bring field glasses

10-6 Brussels - GA
18-6 London - GA
15-7 Amsterdam seats - top level - I think Edge side
16-7 Amsterdam GA
20-7 Milano GA

May try 3rd or 4th leg in combination with holiday

deep said:

all this whining about inside / outside the egg

is making think about trading my GA for a reserved seat and bring field glasses

I didn't really care about inside or outside the egg but I'm only 5'4" and knew if I was more than few rows back, I wouldn't be able to see anything. And, because I didn't camp out all night, I didn't feel it would be fair of me to try and line up based on the number I was assigned, possibly ahead of the people who roughed it while I slept in a warm bed.

If you want to do GA and don't mind the lottery system, keep your GA ticket :up:

Back
Top Bottom