What's Your Theme?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
I like to read the "reflection for the day" every day in the newspaper, and this was it a couple of days ago..

"Everybody has a theme. You talk to somebody awhile, and you realize they have one particular thing that rules them" Meg Wolitzer

How true is that in your experience? What's your theme, do you have one particular thing that rules you?

But of course this is never true in FYM :D

"Meg Wolitzer grew up around books. Her mother, Hilma Wolitzer, published two novels while Meg was still in school, and weekly family trips to the library ensured that she was well read. Her home in suburban Long Island and her excursions to nearby New York City both serve as inspiration in her own writing. Not surprisingly, Meg served as the editor for her junior high and high school literary magazines. When Meg graduated from Brown University in 1981, her debut novel, Sleepwalking, was released within the following year, hailing the beginning of a successful publishing career. Since then, she's written several novels, taught writing at the University of Iowa Writers' Workshop and Skidmore College, and has written several screenplays."

I wouldn't say it's necessarily a motto- maybe more like a belief/set of beliefs, a personality trait, a moral guideline, something that's happened in your life, something you're striving for, something you're constantlly angry about..things like that. One particular thing that rules you isn't necessarily good or positive.

It probably doesn't matter anyway

Fairness. And struggle for some kind of control over the uncontrollable.

My senior quote that still holds true a year later:
"You are young and you are the future, so suck it up, tough it out, and be the best you can." ~John Mellencamp "Minutes to Memories"

Honestly if I had to come up with one right now, it might be something like "I've been hurt so much that I'm just waiting for you to eventually do the same. I will tend to think people will think the worst of me, given certain experiences in my life."

Sad to say that does tend to "rule" me, even though it's something I try to work on. Keeping to myself to avoid all that rules me.

MrsSpringsteen said:

It probably doesn't matter anyway

?? I think it'a a very good question. :yes:

Honestly what's ruled me for like a year and a half now is love...and frustration... loving someone I can't have :mad: i'm absolutely crazy.

but my whole life...I don't even know. probably music, in general. I don't know if that counts as a theme, but it's what I live for, pretty much.

i'm probably answering this question the wrong way

"ALL THAT YOU HAVE TO DECIDE IS WHAT TO DO WITH THE TIME THAT IS GIVEN TO YOU!"

by Gandalf from The Lord of the Rings.

It's quite a wise saying.

:|

Tolkien actually wrote that, Carol. He's fictitious :wink:

I've been mulling for a few minutes trying to decide what mine truly is, or what represents me best and I reckon my mulling is exactly my answer and problem. I let frustration rule me and prevent me from giving a genuine stab at the very few things which truly absolutely matter to me beyond my loved ones and my immediate environment. Animals might be it, but then so is this stupid dream I have of running a soup kitchen. Had it for years. Never done a thing about it. I just read Salvo publications instead.

:sigh:

MrsSpringsteen said:
I like to read the "reflection for the day" every day in the newspaper, and this was it a couple of days ago..

"Everybody has a theme. You talk to somebody awhile, and you realize they have one particular thing that rules them" Meg Wolitzer

How true is that in your experience? What's your theme, do you have one particular thing that rules you?

But of course this is never true in FYM :D

"Meg Wolitzer grew up around books. Her mother, Hilma Wolitzer, published two novels while Meg was still in school, and weekly family trips to the library ensured that she was well read. Her home in suburban Long Island and her excursions to nearby New York City both serve as inspiration in her own writing. Not surprisingly, Meg served as the editor for her junior high and high school literary magazines. When Meg graduated from Brown University in 1981, her debut novel, Sleepwalking, was released within the following year, hailing the beginning of a successful publishing career. Since then, she's written several novels, taught writing at the University of Iowa Writers' Workshop and Skidmore College, and has written several screenplays."

Its not a dress rehearsal!

It's a hard question because at least for me, there's a theme of what I do and how I act/what people expect me to do and how they expect me to act/what I'm good at just by virtue of doing it over and over again, and then there's what I would REALLY want to do, which is totally different.

Ooh ooh! Mine is unicorns!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

That has a lot to do actually with why I picked my username. I've been called a unicorn, been told that I remind people of unicorns...etc. Perhaps that is because of my idealism, and my childish nature.

unico_119.jpg

Back
Top Bottom