What's your God like? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2004, 11:37 PM   #16
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:29 AM
Here are my thoughts;

If God were to come down in human form again in the year 2004 this is what I would think Jesus would be.

He'd be a humble rock star. Whenever he walked into a room, whenever he spoke, whenever he moved people would go silent. Not because he demanded it, not because he would do anything to attract attention, but because he had a very quiet charisma about him like that of a baby. He'd walk into a bar and hang out with the blue colar workers who had no place to go to after work and he'd sit and tell jokes with them over a pint. He'd put the homeless and women of the streets up for a night even if it meant his dinner. He'd stop and smell a flower, pet a dog, or talk to infant when walking down the street. Just his smile would brighten anyone's day who happen to cross his path on the sidewalk. He was never in a hurry, never overly aggressive, and never quick to anger. People would be drawn to him not because of his beauty, fame, or money for they wouldn't know who he was and he would be a very average looking modest man, but because he would give a sence of hope just by looking at him if you had an open heart. He wouldn't get involved with politics, he'd be an activist on the streets because he knew that was the only place he could get things to happen. Love would be his only weapon, and he never used judgement or the law. He would mourn the death and destruction of this planet but celebrate the life that is here. And he would always smile when a U2 song played.

Eventually he would make waves and start pissing off many religious people. They wouldn't understand his rebellious ways. He would try and explain but it wouldn't work. They would try everything to get rid of him and eventually they probably would, but he would just hitch a ride to the next town and start making waves again.

Old 02-26-2004, 11:48 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

You are blessed. Sounds like you have a wonderful daughter. You must be a great parent.
Yes, yes, to be determined...I make many mistakes..hehe

My Son is going to be the death of me!

Old 02-27-2004, 12:54 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Here are my thoughts;

If God were to come down in human form again in the year 2004 this is what I would think Jesus would be.

He'd be a humble rock star. Whenever he walked into a room, whenever he spoke, whenever he moved people would go silent. Not because he demanded it, not because he would do anything to attract attention, but because he had a very quiet charisma about him like that of a baby. He'd walk into a bar and hang out with the blue colar workers who had no place to go to after work and he'd sit and tell jokes with them over a pint. He'd put the homeless and women of the streets up for a night even if it meant his dinner. He'd stop and smell a flower, pet a dog, or talk to infant when walking down the street. Just his smile would brighten anyone's day who happen to cross his path on the sidewalk. He was never in a hurry, never overly aggressive, and never quick to anger. People would be drawn to him not because of his beauty, fame, or money for they wouldn't know who he was and he would be a very average looking modest man, but because he would give a sence of hope just by looking at him if you had an open heart. He wouldn't get involved with politics, he'd be an activist on the streets because he knew that was the only place he could get things to happen. Love would be his only weapon, and he never used judgement or the law. He would mourn the death and destruction of this planet but celebrate the life that is here. And he would always smile when a U2 song played.

Eventually he would make waves and start pissing off many religious people. They wouldn't understand his rebellious ways. He would try and explain but it wouldn't work. They would try everything to get rid of him and eventually they probably would, but he would just hitch a ride to the next town and start making waves again.
He sounds incredibly cool from this description. .

Angela
Old 02-27-2004, 06:48 AM   #19
Refugee

Local Time: 08:29 PM
"the God I believe in, isn't short of cash, mister!"

seriously, Bono and Michael Franti are my Gods. These two men embody everything that is spiritual to me. Music is my religion, I mean that it is the only thing that I really get passionate about and both Bono and Michael are great humanitarians and peaceful people. When I saw Michael Franti live last year, the only way I could describe the concert was that it was like how I would imagine a religous experience= great music and everyone with the same tolerant consciousness, just magical
Old 02-27-2004, 07:44 AM   #20
Jesus Online

Local Time: 08:29 PM
Re: What's your God like?

Quote:
Tell me what your God is like?
I have 2 religions but follow neither. I believe in a 'God', simply for want of a better term. God is good enough for me. I do not believe so much in religion, to me it is far from God and my view of it/him/her.
God, to me, created everything (nothing unique in this I suppose). That is love, hate, anger, passion, ego, compassion, respect, bias, ignorance and knowledge etc. God created all the colours we see, all the forms we can touch and smell, all the emotions we are able to feel. Everything to it's extreme. He allowed us to feel, to touch, to experience. To live. Cliched as it might be, there is a bit of him/Him in everything around us. The good and the bad. It was all created for us to be put here to work through it, to find our own way. I don't think God is an existential being. Not singularly anyway and not seperate from us.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:05 AM   #21
War Child

Local Time: 09:29 AM
I don't have to imagine how wonderful my God can be I know he is because he encourages me to have a close relationship with him.. he doesnt leave me in the dark as to what is going on around me, he speaks to me from his word the bible, which give me all the answers to get by.. the reason why we get old and die, the reason why there is so much suffering in the world and knowing it will come to an end by his hand.. good advice how to cope with todays problems to rely on him.. to know that in HIS time which is coming very soon there will be no more death or sickness, everyone will live in peace even with the animals no one will ever suffer from starvation or wars anymore that those in the memoria tombs will be resurrected back to live so we will see those we have loved and lost in death again.... I know it will not be achieved through humans but through his Heavenly goverment ruled by his son Jesus...which will put an end to the mess men have made on this planet and destroy the one who started it all satan the devil who is ruling the world and causing most of the problems in it.. which was why Jesus stated his kingdom is no part of the world.. so I know I don't have to rely on earthly goverments to achieve world peace.. so I have no feelings of frustrations that their sad efforts never come to much as hard as they sincerly try. So I have every reason to love my God and I try to do so by telling people how wonderful he is and what he is going to do
Old 02-27-2004, 09:13 AM   #22
War Child

Local Time: 05:29 AM
Well I guess I find God everyday in different ways , just like I also find my solace in different places , not neccesarily the Church . So to think of him in qualities and charecteristics of human form might be ever changing.

My God is an Awesome God who to steal a line from U2 " Moves in Mysterious Ways"
Old 02-27-2004, 10:10 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:29 AM
well said, MELON.

i think your definition of God is not the generally what people think "God" is.

my views -

God - dont know, no idea, impossible to know
Old 02-27-2004, 10:36 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel
And Dread...your daughter sounds like a sweetheart. .
We can learn a lot about God when we see Him through the eyes of a child.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:43 AM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

God reveals Himself to us through His Word. I would describe God with a list of His attributes (all are equally important, so they are listed in no particular order).

Guide
Sovereign
Preserver
Omniscient
Holy
Omnipotent
Savior
Provider
Wise
Righteous
Just
Perfect
Person
Jealous
Glory
Holy
Impartial
Merciful
Creator
Omnipresent
Long-suffering
Incomprehensible
Invisible
Gracious
Father
Immutable
Faithful
Good
Eternal
Love

Does God have a sense of humor? Yes, I see it every day when I look in the mirror.
Old 02-28-2004, 02:05 AM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:29 PM
If Jesus came back in 2004, I don't think he'd be well-received. All-empires-will-fall isn't a very popular message, in any era.

Nor 'feed the hungry'.

I feel confident that if he ever does return, we won't recognise it until it's far too late.
Old 02-28-2004, 04:42 AM   #27
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Kieran McConville
If Jesus came back in 2004, I don't think he'd be well-received. All-empires-will-fall isn't a very popular message, in any era.

Nor 'feed the hungry'.

I feel confident that if he ever does return, we won't recognise it until it's far too late.
I think you are right, at least in america. We're shutting down anything that doesn't fit the norm. Jesus is much too the rebel for this country.
Old 02-28-2004, 06:53 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:29 PM
Worldwide, I'd say. It's nothing new.

Who are the new pharisees, though? Well, Jerry Falwell and friends, obviously.
Old 02-28-2004, 12:44 PM   #29
you are what you is

Local Time: 10:29 AM
I would say God is love and trust

enough trust to let us go on our merry or not so merry way
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 02-28-2004, 08:04 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Kieran McConville
Who are the new pharisees, though? Well, Jerry Falwell and friends, obviously.
I've noticed the label "pharisee" has been tossed around here with near reckless abandon.