What's the world going to? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-16-2002, 02:25 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees:
I'm curious about this one 80s. Do you think the world would be better if people were more focused on God? And do you mean the Christian religion, or any religion and its 'God' if it has one? How do you think it would make the world better?
As a Christian, I do mean we have turned our backs on Jesus. I think the world would be a better place if people turned to Christ for guidance, because Christians have the Holy Spirit inside them and want to do what's right.
__________________

__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 02-16-2002, 02:26 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by IvanClaytonJnr:
God is a private thing , and absolutely don't understand how do you believe in all these fiction books , in bible !!!??? Despite the fact , it's overwriting again and again and again ,, morons , stupid fools who just want to live like slaves , fuck you Bono , with all your prayers , religious nut who just rubbed a full continental on millions of dollars , and ' proudly ' speaking about 'save the world , Africa Debt '
Ivan, not only did you just insult Bono, you insulted several people on this forum. You need to deal with your "hatred of religion" issues.

__________________

__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 02-16-2002, 02:37 PM   #18
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 12:48 AM
Ivan you need to learn some tact.
__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 02-16-2002, 02:45 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: slovenija
Posts: 20,953
Local Time: 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees:
I'm curious about this one 80s. Do you think the world would be better if people were more focused on God? And do you mean the Christian religion, or any religion and its 'God' if it has one? How do you think it would make the world better?
As a Christian, I do mean we have turned our backs on Jesus. I think the world would be a better place if people turned to Christ for guidance, because Christians have the Holy Spirit inside them and want to do what's right.
Hmmm - but does being religious automatically make you a better person? Is that what you're saying?

I'm an atheist but i know that the things i mentioned above are wrong, (and that's putting it mildly) and i know each person should strive to be at his best, to be a better personality.
I may not be the smartest or the most articulate person on this forum, and i may make mistakes here and real life (no one's perfect), but i think i have the common sense to tell right from wrong.





[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 02-16-2002).]
__________________
U2girl is offline  
Old 02-16-2002, 05:02 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,876
Local Time: 08:48 AM
IVAN,
Where are you originally from? Where were you born?
__________________
STING2 is offline  
Old 02-16-2002, 06:18 PM   #21
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: ZOO-STATES
Posts: 629
Local Time: 08:48 AM
Berlin ,i was born there , but i'm not german , i'm a half u.s.+irish+english+spanish , half jewish+russian+uzbekistan , i'm a full mix
__________________
IvanClaytonJnr is offline  
Old 02-17-2002, 03:45 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
80sU2isBest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 4,970
Local Time: 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl:
Hmmm - but does being religious automatically make you a better person? Is that what you're saying?

I'm an atheist but i know that the things i mentioned above are wrong, (and that's putting it mildly) and i know each person should strive to be at his best, to be a better personality.
I may not be the smartest or the most articulate person on this forum, and i may make mistakes here and real life (no one's perfect), but i think i have the common sense to tell right from wrong.


[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 02-16-2002).]
Nope, I'm not a better person as a Christian, not at all. It's just that as a Christian, I believe that Christ living inside a person gives them Christ's strength and righteous. No man is good. The Bible teaches that only people that are covered by the blood of Christ to wash away their sin have righteousness, but it is not the righteousness of man, but the righteousness of Christ. That's the point of the cross. God knows that in our own power, we are lost in our sin, and cannot be Holy. So He sent his Son to die so that all who accept may receive the Holy Spirit inside them. Therefore, when I am tempted, I don't need to fight the temptation on my own (because I usually lose if I'm relying on my own willpower), but I need to say honestly to God "God, I can't do it" and pray to him to take control. Only when I'm relying on Him totally am I in his will.
I do have a question for you. I know from reading other posts of yours that you appear to have high moral values. I applaud that. But my question is this; if there is no God, that obviously means that there is no black and white as far as morals go - everything is relative. So, if everything is relative, why is there a right and a wrong? Why not just live the motto "Do what feels good"? That would be a lot easier, wouldn't it?

__________________
80sU2isBest is offline  
Old 02-17-2002, 06:00 AM   #23
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: slovenija
Posts: 20,953
Local Time: 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
[/b]
Nope, I'm not a better person as a Christian, not at all. It's just that as a Christian, I believe that Christ living inside a person gives them Christ's strength and righteous. No man is good. The Bible teaches that only people that are covered by the blood of Christ to wash away their sin have righteousness, but it is not the righteousness of man, but the righteousness of Christ. That's the point of the cross. God knows that in our own power, we are lost in our sin, and cannot be Holy. So He sent his Son to die so that all who accept may receive the Holy Spirit inside them. Therefore, when I am tempted, I don't need to fight the temptation on my own (because I usually lose if I'm relying on my own willpower), but I need to say honestly to God "God, I can't do it" and pray to him to take control. Only when I'm relying on Him totally am I in his will.
I do have a question for you. I know from reading other posts of yours that you appear to have high moral values. I applaud that. But my question is this; if there is no God, that obviously means that there is no black and white as far as morals go - everything is relative. So, if everything is relative, why is there a right and a wrong? Why not just live the motto "Do what feels good"? That would be a lot easier, wouldn't it?

[/B][/QUOTE]

Ok - thanks for explaining - i understand.

High moral values? Me?
Well gosh, thanks. Where did you see that in my posts, if i may ask?

Hmmm-that's a good question. IMO black and white exists - that's why morals exist. There's things that are wrong by nature, things that are considered wrong commonly by all the people universally. Partially it's that, and partially one develops morals by their parents, their environment...

"Do what feels good"? It doesn't work that way IMO - almost always you have to consider other people with your decisions/actions. I think that everyone has their own set of values, and that all humans deep down inside have a common sense of telling between right/wrong, and each person has a guilty conscience to tell him when he/she did something wrong.
(of course, i'm talking about average, normal people - not people who do things that were mentioned here)

But on the other hand, no one is perfect. Even though i believe people have the inner, natural given goodness towards each other and that no one is born evil - you can't really learn and progress without making mistakes - you can't grow inside.

Each person has to balance the good things and the bad things he does along the way at his/her best abilities, with as much consideration to others as possible. Ultimately, it's me alone that will have to deal with the consequences of my decision, and i have to "check" the things i do with myself - my morals, if you will. First and foremost, i have to be ok with who i am, and then interact with the world. It's tough - i believe that people learn to do that their whole life - i don't think anyone can ever fully figure it out.

Does that answer your question? You sure made me look deep inside for this one.



[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 02-17-2002).]
__________________

__________________
U2girl is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com