whats the world comin too.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
...I feel so sad to have heard a husband and father of two was stabbed by two boys taking his 4x4 Toyota..........he was repeatedly stabbed with a screwdriverI believe), they just lept out and did it when he gave chase.

It was so heartbreakin to watch his wife plea to the public yesterday to help catch these brutes, she broke down, and so did I near...........she had to take her son and tell him to say goodbye to his daddy at the hospital, cause before that he wanted to know when he was 'coming home', and this time knew daddy would not be returnin...............

Im am shocked, those this may happen a lot, its such a sick sick world now...

Plus the fact, on a diff topic of news, a girl got shot for her mobile, just for her mobile like??????

shot dead, life taken away for a mobile.....................*speechless*

If they catch the bastards who committed either one of these crimes I hope they get life in solitary confinement with only a picture of their victim to keep them company. Murdering a man for a car, A CAR(!) is horrific enough, but murdering a girl for her cell phone is incomprehensible.

How about the twisted bastard that murdered his sons hockey coach in front of the coaches children because he felt the game had gotten too "rough." It was a pee-wee league. The kids involved were 8-10 years old and this twisted monster bashed the coaches head in on the ice in front of all those kids to protest the "roughness" of the game. His excuse for brutally murdering a man in front of his children? The coach "started" it. I kid you not. Hell, I wish I WAS kidding. His defense in court is that he had to tackle the coach (a much smaller man) and repeatedly bash his head against the ice until he died because he had to "defend" himself.

MAP

I saw that poor womans plea on our local news and I had tears in my eyes. It is beyond me how easily some sick bastards can take away anothers life, I mean for a phone, a car, whats it going to be next?
confused.gif
mad.gif

Yeah maddie, saw those too, I dunno, some seriously fucked up people in our society. I ain't sure if the case with the mobile is the same one I was reading bout yesterday, but apparently the bullet miraculously deflected off her skull! There is many of those incidents though.

I dunno, here in Shannon, a while back, kids, yeah, kids!, were robbing people's cats, ours included, and torturing them, then finishing them off by throwing them against the side of houses
confused.gif
Seriously, I dunno how ANYONE could be brought up to be so majorly fucked up in the head, but sadly there is lotsa those types of people in the world today

Very sad news, Maddie
frown.gif
and I agree, WTF is up with some people nowadays?? They say crime is going down...but if this is true, then things are getting crueler, in ways that might not have occurred even just a few years ago. It's as if some people have no conscience or something.

I live in an area that is quickly going downhill: I hear gunshots in the not-too-far-off distance all too often, we have police around here constantly...I'm rather afraid to leave my apt. after dark...last year an entire family was killed about 1/2 a mile from my apt., (including an 11 month old baby!); and just the night before last, a mere 2 blocks from here, 4 guys got in an argument over--who knows what--and one of them was shot and killed...he was very young too. Such a waste!

And I'm sure you heard about the mother who drowned her FIVE children here in Texas...it's beyond words.

It seems anything and everything goes, and anything will set off anyone over the smallest infraction...man's cruelty to man...it never ceases to astound and sadden me...

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 01-04-2002).]

i was robbed at knifepoint for all of 10 bucks(and ten canadian bucks at that!). i was with a friend who had nothing on him, so after running their knives along our necks to scare us, they got $10.
they caught one of the guys, my friend and i did a photo lineup of him. i said i was 100% certain it was him, my friend had the slightest shade of doubt, he quantified it at 99% sure, but the cops couldn't arrest the guy because of that 1%.
i was pissed off.
and my incident was by all means minor though i was, for more than a moment, pretty sure i was going down.

it seems as though society is in a continuos downward spiral and it is scary and disappointing. kids become increasingly rude and aggressive with each passing year. of course there are exceptions, let's hope there are enough however, because i think it is these exceptions who have a chance to save us.

------------------
you can stuff your sorries in a sack mister

frown.gif
Things like this make me doubt progress. It's hard to see the good things happening in society when senseless acts of violence like these take place everyday.

------------------
"A Bono approved event is a good event!"

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

We will only achieve progress in our society when scum like that are wiped out completely; and I mean wiped out. Confine them and throw away the key; to hell with equal human rights, some people DON'T deserve HUMAN RIGHTS, simply because they are NOT human.

Kill them, kill them all.

Ant.

Originally posted by Anthony:
We will only achieve progress in our society when scum like that are wiped out completely; and I mean wiped out.

i.e., never?

You know, the sad thing for me is that we hear so many stories like these that we are in danger of becoming numb to them. I hope that those of us who respect human life will be able to stay horrified and not shut it all out in order to protect our own feeling of innocence.

I remember one time about a year ago, I read a story about two young punks who tried to mug a man in his seventies, but the old man wouldn't have any of it and beat them with his walking stick until they ran away crying. I tell you, I was cheering! Too bad that most of those punks never get taught a lesson like that.

Back
Top Bottom