What's in a dream?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moonlit_Angel said:
I've never had sex-related dreams about anybody, famous, non-famous, male, female, whatever. Or, if I have, I don't remember any of them. And I'm 20. I'm wondering if that's normal, 'cause don't most people start having those kinds of dreams when they're teens or something?

There's nothing "abnormal" about that Angela, everyone is different and handles his/her sexual life and thoughts in his/her own way. You just strike me as a romantic type who will have those types of dreams when she falls in love w/ a great guy :)

MrsSpringsteen said:
There's nothing "abnormal" about that Angela, everyone is different and handles his/her sexual life and thoughts in his/her own way. You just strike me as a romantic type who will have those types of dreams when she falls in love w/ a great guy :)

Yeah, that's probably it (yep, little ol' me loves the sentimental romantic stuff :D). Thanks :hug: :).

Angela

I think dreams are a fascinating window into the things that the brain can do.

During stressful times in my life, I've had nightmares so frightening that I didn't want to go back to sleep for days. I've had dreams that were also calming and soothing and very pleasant.

And the phallic symbolism...whew! Damn.

And some of my dreams have just been like, weird. I once dreamt that I woke up, went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror; everything reflected in the mirror looked fuzzy and indistinct. I thought, "Hm, I must be dreaming." You know how they say 'Pinch me, I must be dreaming'? I did. I pinched myself on the arm--and I couldn't feel it. So I went back to bed. And then I woke up in bed. That was an...interesting experience.

Dreams are fascinating on the whole I think because we get to see what our brains are up to when nobody's in the driver's seat.

I often have dreams...well...i think they're dreams...that when I wake up i'm not sure whether it actually happened or if it was a dream. There are some that I still wonder....

Back
Top Bottom