What Would You Do...with $300 billion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would have paid an assassin $100,000 to take out Saddam, $100,000,000 to take over the Iraqi govt, then put the other $298,900,000 into each and every American's pocket.

Do Miss America said:
300 billion!!! 300 billion could be put towards Africa, AIDS, cancer research, or other charities and save many many more lives than this war.

...and yet there's resistance to increasing foreign aid by even the tiniest amount because there's allegedly not enough money to go around.

doesn't it make more sense to try to save the world with medicine and education instead of bombs?

:mad:

disabled
children
poor people
africa
Family
education for me
POP MArt Tour Revisited :wink:
and if you walk away , i will follow !!!

Building the infrastructure for a Democratic Arab country and fighting those that would seek to destroy that so that the US does not have to invade any more countries in the region.

dandy said:

...and yet there's resistance to increasing foreign aid by even the tiniest amount because there's allegedly not enough money to go around.

doesn't it make more sense to try to save the world with medicine and education instead of bombs?

:mad:

Bombs are more fun for people. Humans just enjoy their violence.

ouizy said:
I would have paid an assassin $100,000 to take out Saddam, $100,000,000 to take over the Iraqi govt, then put the other $298,900,000 into each and every American's pocket.

We love ouizy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would go to third world countries, and everywhere, and make jobs for eveyone, I wouldnt just give away money but I would setup jobs so that they could work(maybe just pickup garbage, or tons of jobs to make the world cleaner, and better). I dont think the right awnser is just give money away, you have to setup a system, to make it flow. But also there are disabled people or sick people that cant work, and I would definitly help them in secret financially. Pretty much help the world in medicine and anything I can. I would buy myself a house, not a mansion, just a good house, and I would buy a Honda Civic car, not 50 diffrent cars( I dont know why celebrity's do that). I would get a good recording studio, and I would put all the money I would need for the rest of my life in the bank(food, shelter). And the rest I would help the world

Call me crazy, but I'd spend $300 billion on solving American problems, like our crumbling infrastructure, shitty public schools, and our impending energy problems.

Melon

melon said:
Call me crazy, but I'd spend $300 billion on solving American problems, like our crumbling infrastructure, shitty public schools, and our impending energy problems.

Melon

for some reason your post reminded me of something ho chi minh expressed during the vietnam war. he wondered how the americans could express love and the ideals of freedom toward the vietnamese when they couldn't even express the same love and freedom to their own people (a reference to the civil rights movement).

I would go buy 300 billion lotto tickets so I could win the lotto finally. Woohoo!

NO....we have to spend the money fighting terrorism in Iraq. Or else...the terrorists win. As long as we fight the terrorists, it is okay for poverty to happen in the world and millions of people to be dying from preventable diseases in third world countries. It is more important to spend an excessive amount of money on fighting terrorism or else they will eat your children!

melon said:

Melon

I agree partially. Not all of it, I'd of course give some money to helping those less fortunate in other parts of the world. But there's so much poverty, suffering,etc in the world that you can't solve it all. even w/ 300 billion. So there's nothing wrong with helping out at home. I don't feel bad donating to a local charity instead of one in Africa, and no one should.

I would use it to bribe everyone to vote for me as President and then I'd solve all the world's problems. I would also buy a Coke Icee machine.

get drunk, then keep getting drunk with all my mates every night until I eventually ended up dead. At least I'm being honest!

Use it to pursue a phony war where I could give the lion’s share of it to my cronies enriching them beyond their wildest dreams

Enabling me to distract or scare the American voter enough to ignore failed domestic policies.
I’d use a tidbit to bribe a black reporter to pilferage enough of the black vote in Ohio to ensure election. Said election would enable us to continue to plunder and reward corporate greed, and environmental polluters in the name of National Security.

300 billion is a small investment for trillions of dollars that will be looted from the working stiffs.

I'd donate some of the money to various charities and to various organizations to help with some of the problems both here and abroad. And then I'd give some to my family to do with whatever they wished. And then I'd put some away to save for college funds and for important things along that line.

And whatever was left over, I'd use in the utmost boring manner-I'd just go blow the rest of it on books, CDs, and music DVDs, LOL :p. And also to see some of my favorite artists in concert.

Angela

The charitable Christian side of me says I should donate all of it to feed the poor, supoort the persecuted church around the world, fund hiomes for Habitat for Humanity, etc.

My selfish side would like to quit work and go to school for the rest of my life...what a nerd:der:

Ft. Worth Frog said:
The charitable Christian side of me says I should donate all of it to feed the poor, supoort the persecuted church around the world, fund hiomes for Habitat for Humanity, etc.

My selfish side would like to quit work and go to school for the rest of my life...what a nerd:der:
:lol: at the selfish side thing.

My "charitable Christian side" agrees with you. Another personality of mine says throw maybe $100 billion in there to maintain a great military. The other third... better schools, more prison space, put in more police officers, health care, and if enough is left over... maybe a round of U2 tickets and a t-shirt.

Maybe I could hire U2 to play private concerts for me whenever I wanted. Now that would be cool:drool:

"Ok Boys, play Acrobat 10 times to make up for all those times you never did!"

Or maybe "You heard me-play all of "October" cuz it rocks!!

Macfistowannabe said:
:lol: at the selfish side thing.

My "charitable Christian side" agrees with you. Another personality of mine says throw maybe $100 billion in there to maintain a great military. The other third... better schools, more prison space, put in more police officers, health care, and if enough is left over... maybe a round of U2 tickets and a t-shirt.

With 300 billion you could actually make steps so that we don't need more military and or prisons! This is where we need to be heading for, let's focus on the future!

Do Miss America said:
With 300 billion you could actually make steps so that we don't need more military and or prisons! This is where we need to be heading for, let's focus on the future!
So name them.

Since you insist on an argument...

You said:

"300 billion!!! 300 billion could be put towards Africa, AIDS, cancer research, or other charities and save many many more lives than this war."

How is any of that going to keep violent people off the streets?

by giving more money for war and combat.. it's almost like supporting violence and killing each other. that's kind of pointless.. it gets us nowhere.

i think they should use the money the opposite way. give money for those dying, and save lives. build and strengthen relationships between countries. that way, war won't have to be the only choice that is brought up.

i bet i don't make sense. but yeah :rolleyes:

sorry if i offended anyone whos for war or anything. just stating my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom