What will we do in FYM when a democrat gets elected? - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2007, 03:33 PM   #106
Refugee

Local Time: 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC

2861U2 (and Snowlock), I highly suggest doing a search for a user named "nbcrusader". He was as right (politically) as they come, and yet because he was thorough, didn't attack anyone for rebutting his posts, and backed up what he stated, he was very highly respected and people listened to him.

Take an example from him of how to do it right (pun intended ), please.
Your post suggests to me that those who dissent have to abide by rules that those on the "other side" don't?

Old 12-10-2007, 03:36 PM   #107
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Local Time: 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Snowlock

Your post suggests to me that those who dissent have to abide by rules that those on the "other side" don't?
If by "those who dissent" you mean "robot dogs" then yes, I'm pretty sure that's what Dave"TheDevient"C means.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:37 PM   #108
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:17 AM
Well shoot

I leave to take an exam and this thread explodes!

I'm kind of left speechless for the moment. Let me go destress from my exam with some Mario Kart and I'll be back later.

Goodness gracious people.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:38 PM   #109
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Or it could be, I don't know, an example, maybe? Actually, it's not clear, you're right. Let's wait for DaveC to 'xplain himself.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:38 PM   #110
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

I think we've had this conversation before. Ever hear of sarcasm? Judging by your response I'm guessing that you have.

Apparently next time more than a simple eye roll will be needed so that you get where I'm coming from.
I'm not sure I'll ever get where you're coming from.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:40 PM   #111
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

it just seems to me that, yes, there are significantly fewer conservative posters in here than liberal posters. there are some liberal posters who are flip and emotional and don't add much. but there are some liberal posters who always post something of substance.

it just seems like the loudest, most frequent conservative posters are flip and emotional and don't add much, and then turn around and complain that people are mean to them.

there are some posters who do try to add things of substance while being flip and emotional, but it does seem that the people whining the loudest are the ones who offer the least.

and i'm sorry for tossing people into such binary categories. i agree that there are some "bullies" on the left in here who do need to tone it down, especially when they see something that doesn't seem to have much thought put into it. and what i think we, on the Left, in here particularly, need to do, is to check ourselves. we are in the majority. if we are right, and i am sure we are, then we need to make our points by using facts, logic, and reason. and if someone comes back at you with snide comments, emotionalism, and a huge chip on the shoulder, just remember that you are in the majority, and try to turn the other cheek and maybe even help them out a bit so it's a fairer fight.

all that said, i'd be lying if i didn't want to sometimes take those opportunities for a "zing" moment, or a mocking put-down of an idea (not a poster). humor and irony and even sarcasm does have it's place.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:45 PM   #112
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

it just seems to me that, yes, there are significantly fewer conservative posters in here than liberal posters. there are some liberal posters who are flip and emotional and don't add much. but there are some liberal posters who always post something of substance.

it just seems like the loudest, most frequent conservative posters are flip and emotional and don't add much, and then turn around and complain that people are mean to them.

there are some posters who do try to add things of substance while being flip and emotional, but it does seem that the people whining the loudest are the ones who offer the least.

and i'm sorry for tossing people into such binary categories. i agree that there are some "bullies" on the left in here who do need to tone it down, especially when they see something that doesn't seem to have much thought put into it. and what i think we, on the Left, in here particularly, need to do, is to check ourselves. we are in the majority. if we are right, and i am sure we are, then we need to make our points by using facts, logic, and reason. and if someone comes back at you with snide comments, emotionalism, and a huge chip on the shoulder, just remember that you are in the majority, and try to turn the other cheek and maybe even help them out a bit so it's a fairer fight.

all that said, i'd be lying if i didn't want to sometimes take those opportunities for a "zing" moment, or a mocking put-down of an idea (not a poster). humor and irony and even sarcasm does have it's place.
I agree, and I know that I fall into the category of those that probably need to tone it down sometimes.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:50 PM   #113
Refugee

Quote:

But not, of course, when it's being used against you, then it's flaming.... right?
Old 12-10-2007, 03:59 PM   #114
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

I'm not sure I'll ever get where you're coming from.
Part of me is quite thankful for that, actually.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:59 PM   #115
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

2861U2 (and Snowlock), I highly suggest doing a search for a user named "nbcrusader". He was as right (politically) as they come, and yet because he was thorough, didn't attack anyone for rebutting his posts, and backed up what he stated, he was very highly respected and people listened to him.

Take an example from him of how to do it right (pun intended ), please.
I miss him.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:05 PM   #116
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

Part of me is quite thankful for that, actually.
Suddenly, I do get where you're coming from...
Old 12-10-2007, 04:08 PM   #117
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

Or it could be, I don't know, an example, maybe?
Old 12-10-2007, 04:08 PM   #118
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
These people also invented the rectractable stadium roof.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:13 PM   #119
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

These people also invented the rectractable stadium roof.

It amazes me the mileage we get out of that joke and yet it still amuses me everytime.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:13 PM   #120
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

Suddenly, I do get where you're coming from...
And this is supposed to mean what, exactly?