What will we do in FYM when a democrat gets elected? - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-10-2007, 03:33 PM   #106
Refugee
 
Snowlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,211
Local Time: 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC




2861U2 (and Snowlock), I highly suggest doing a search for a user named "nbcrusader". He was as right (politically) as they come, and yet because he was thorough, didn't attack anyone for rebutting his posts, and backed up what he stated, he was very highly respected and people listened to him.

Take an example from him of how to do it right (pun intended ), please.
Your post suggests to me that those who dissent have to abide by rules that those on the "other side" don't?
__________________

__________________
Snowlock is offline  
Old 12-10-2007, 03:36 PM   #107
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Snowlock


Your post suggests to me that those who dissent have to abide by rules that those on the "other side" don't?
If by "those who dissent" you mean "robot dogs" then yes, I'm pretty sure that's what Dave"TheDevient"C means.
__________________

__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 12-10-2007, 03:37 PM   #108
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2democrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England by way of 'Murica.
Posts: 22,140
Local Time: 08:17 AM
Well shoot

I leave to take an exam and this thread explodes!

I'm kind of left speechless for the moment. Let me go destress from my exam with some Mario Kart and I'll be back later.

Goodness gracious people.
__________________
U2democrat is offline  
Old 12-10-2007, 03:38 PM   #109
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Snowlock


Your post suggests to me that those who dissent have to abide by rules that those on the "other side" don't?
Or it could be, I don't know, an example, maybe? Actually, it's not clear, you're right. Let's wait for DaveC to 'xplain himself.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 12-10-2007, 03:38 PM   #110
Refugee
 
Snowlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,211
Local Time: 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel


I think we've had this conversation before. Ever hear of sarcasm? Judging by your response I'm guessing that you have.

Apparently next time more than a simple eye roll will be needed so that you get where I'm coming from.
I'm not sure I'll ever get where you're coming from.
__________________
Snowlock is offline  
Old 12-10-2007, 03:40 PM   #111
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,492
Local Time: 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Snowlock


Your post suggests to me that those who dissent have to abide by rules that those on the "other side" don't?


it just seems to me that, yes, there are significantly fewer conservative posters in here than liberal posters. there are some liberal posters who are flip and emotional and don't add much. but there are some liberal posters who always post something of substance.

it just seems like the loudest, most frequent conservative posters are flip and emotional and don't add much, and then turn around and complain that people are mean to them.

there are some posters who do try to add things of substance while being flip and emotional, but it does seem that the people whining the loudest are the ones who offer the least.

and i'm sorry for tossing people into such binary categories. i agree that there are some "bullies" on the left in here who do need to tone it down, especially when they see something that doesn't seem to have much thought put into it. and what i think we, on the Left, in here particularly, need to do, is to check ourselves. we are in the majority. if we are right, and i am sure we are, then we need to make our points by using facts, logic, and reason. and if someone comes back at you with snide comments, emotionalism, and a huge chip on the shoulder, just remember that you are in the majority, and try to turn the other cheek and maybe even help them out a bit so it's a fairer fight.

all that said, i'd be lying if i didn't want to sometimes take those opportunities for a "zing" moment, or a mocking put-down of an idea (not a poster). humor and irony and even sarcasm does have it's place.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 12-10-2007, 03:45 PM   #112
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511




it just seems to me that, yes, there are significantly fewer conservative posters in here than liberal posters. there are some liberal posters who are flip and emotional and don't add much. but there are some liberal posters who always post something of substance.

it just seems like the loudest, most frequent conservative posters are flip and emotional and don't add much, and then turn around and complain that people are mean to them.

there are some posters who do try to add things of substance while being flip and emotional, but it does seem that the people whining the loudest are the ones who offer the least.

and i'm sorry for tossing people into such binary categories. i agree that there are some "bullies" on the left in here who do need to tone it down, especially when they see something that doesn't seem to have much thought put into it. and what i think we, on the Left, in here particularly, need to do, is to check ourselves. we are in the majority. if we are right, and i am sure we are, then we need to make our points by using facts, logic, and reason. and if someone comes back at you with snide comments, emotionalism, and a huge chip on the shoulder, just remember that you are in the majority, and try to turn the other cheek and maybe even help them out a bit so it's a fairer fight.

all that said, i'd be lying if i didn't want to sometimes take those opportunities for a "zing" moment, or a mocking put-down of an idea (not a poster). humor and irony and even sarcasm does have it's place.
I agree, and I know that I fall into the category of those that probably need to tone it down sometimes.
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 12-10-2007, 03:50 PM   #113
Refugee
 
Snowlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,211
Local Time: 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511


all that said, i'd be lying if i didn't want to sometimes take those opportunities for a "zing" moment, or a mocking put-down of an idea (not a poster). humor and irony and even sarcasm does have it's place.
But not, of course, when it's being used against you, then it's flaming.... right?
__________________
Snowlock is offline  
Old 12-10-2007, 03:59 PM   #114
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Snowlock


I'm not sure I'll ever get where you're coming from.
Part of me is quite thankful for that, actually.
__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 12-10-2007, 03:59 PM   #115
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC




2861U2 (and Snowlock), I highly suggest doing a search for a user named "nbcrusader". He was as right (politically) as they come, and yet because he was thorough, didn't attack anyone for rebutting his posts, and backed up what he stated, he was very highly respected and people listened to him.

Take an example from him of how to do it right (pun intended ), please.
I miss him.
__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 12-10-2007, 04:05 PM   #116
Refugee
 
Snowlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,211
Local Time: 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel


Part of me is quite thankful for that, actually.
Suddenly, I do get where you're coming from...
__________________
Snowlock is offline  
Old 12-10-2007, 04:08 PM   #117
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,410
Local Time: 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26


Or it could be, I don't know, an example, maybe?
__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 12-10-2007, 04:08 PM   #118
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,410
Local Time: 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
it just seems like the loudest, most frequent conservative posters are flip and emotional and don't add much, and then turn around and complain that people are mean to them.
These people also invented the rectractable stadium roof.

__________________
DaveC is offline  
Old 12-10-2007, 04:13 PM   #119
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
randhail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Outside Providence
Posts: 3,557
Local Time: 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC


These people also invented the rectractable stadium roof.

It amazes me the mileage we get out of that joke and yet it still amuses me everytime.
__________________
randhail is offline  
Old 12-10-2007, 04:13 PM   #120
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Snowlock


Suddenly, I do get where you're coming from...
And this is supposed to mean what, exactly?
__________________

__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com