What will we do in FYM when a democrat gets elected?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2democrat said:

:rolleyes:

Keep a watchful eye yourself there, buddy. Who says I don't watch them when they are candidates? I'm still not 100% sure who I will be voting for because I am watching them...

:rolleyes: I say you don't; as you are a partisan voter first and foremost. If you're not, you may want to revist your alias. And I can put the little eye rollie thing in my posts too to show how smart I am. :rolleyes:

Oh gee whiz! I align myself with a party, that must mean I'm some sort of drone who goes along with everything the leaders say and do, and I never think for myself!

IF, and this is a big if, but IF there were a candidate of a different party that I believed was more worthy of my vote than a Democratic candidate, you can bet I would vote for them. This year I don't see that happening.

I don't vote blindly contrary to popular opinion, it just so happens to be that yes, I vote democrat consistently because the democrats consistently support my ideology.

First I'm gonna dance around naked in my living room. :D

Then I'll bitch about them too. After all they are politicians and I'm an equal opportunity politician hater. :)

U2democrat said:
Oh gee whiz! I align myself with a party, that must mean I'm some sort of drone who goes along with everything the leaders say and do, and I never think for myself!

IF, and this is a big if, but IF there were a candidate of a different party that I believed was more worthy of my vote than a Democratic candidate, you can bet I would vote for them. This year I don't see that happening.

I don't vote blindly contrary to popular opinion, it just so happens to be that yes, I vote democrat consistently because the democrats consistently support my ideology.

Aligning yourself with a party is one thing, aligning yourself to the extent that it becomes a part of your online identity? I mean how can one not fairly reason that you are gonna vote democrat no matter what? I would rather vote blindly contrary to popular opinion rather than blindly with popular opinion. Actually, I would never vote blindly.

And what ideology do Hilary, Obama or Edwards actually espouse other than that of following the will of public opinion?

U2 democrat actually used to call herself "U2 and Politix" but she lost her password or something and had to create a new name, my memory is fuzzy on that. It's just a random internet nickname not meant to be taken so literally that it's an identity and a vote and thought predictor- unfortunately I'm not really married to Bruce Springsteen either .:wink:

MrsSpringsteen said:
U2 democrat actually used to call herself "U2 and Politix" but she lost her password or something and had to create a new name, my memory is fuzzy on that. It's just a random internet nickname not meant to be taken so literally that it's an identity and a vote and thought predictor- unfortunately I'm not really married to Bruce Springsteen either .:wink:

And if I looked at your name and said "you are a big fan of Bruce Springsteen" I'm sure I'd be totally off my rocker too.

I just don't understand why you are so hung up on it, on using her randomly chosen nickname and making such an issue of it. She can speak for herself but personally I don't get it, that's all.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I just don't understand why you are so hung up on it, on using her randomly chosen nickname and making such an issue of it. She can speak for herself but personally I don't get it, that's all.

Who's hung up though? I saw her name is U2democrat, not u2libertarian or u2liberal or u2greenpeacemember and thought "hmmm, I bet she votes democrat" and now it's an issue? lol. I bet she likes U2 too, but that's just an assumption...

You know Snowlock last time you posted in FYM you left us with this self righteous generalization of FYM you took some time off you come back...

and well nothing changes.:|

Since the Dems are unlikely to actually bring about the sort of positive change I'd be hoping for, little will really be different for me. Except that I'll have respect for the president on an intellectual level and I won't be operating under the assumption that the entire administration is full of lunatic liars (unless they should also eventually convince me that is the case).

BonoVoxSupastar said:
You know Snowlock last time you posted in FYM you left us with this self righteous generalization of FYM you took some time off you come back...

and well nothing changes.:|

It least I took some time off. Your self righteousness just... lingers.

Snowlock said:
I bet she likes U2 too, but that's just an assumption...

we all know from hanging around in EYKIW and WTAHNN that there are many people on this board who don't like U2. ;)

Snowlock said:

Who's hung up though? I saw her name is U2democrat, not u2libertarian or u2liberal or u2greenpeacemember and thought "hmmm, I bet she votes democrat" and now it's an issue? lol. I bet she likes U2 too, but that's just an assumption...

It's the link and suppositions you are making, such as that she has no watchful eye in how she votes etc etc just from her username. I judge by what she says not her username, and take her at her word (s). Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

I think I missed the first go-round of this, luckily :wink:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

And you're still as predictable.

And you still have yet to add anything of substance to any debate for either side. Go back to the johnny cash pic, quicker to read, carries the same message and just as mature.

I'm not a huge fan of Bono now, although I was in the midst of an intense (and brief) musical infatuation when I chose my name. Now I'm used to it and it's my identity here. My signature on the other hand.......

Snowlock said:

And you still have yet to add anything of substance to any debate for either side.

:huh: Substance? There's nothing really of any substance to talk about in this thread. It's a joke. I thought you knew that.

Snowlock said:

Go back to the johnny cash pic, quicker to read, carries the same message and just as mature.

We can no longer talk about him.

Snowlock said:

And you still have yet to add anything of substance to any debate for either side. Go back to the johnny cash pic, quicker to read, carries the same message and just as mature.

You're my hero.

Irvine511 said:

oh come on, loosen up.

i'm sure i can find someone.

And I need to losen up? I figure that the person with the democrat in their name is gonna in fact vote democrat and get hopped on by four different people for saying so?

I'm not "hopping" on you- there is no malicious intent whatsoever, I assure you :) I'm just confused and think what you said was unfair, no need to drag it out really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom