What nurtures your soul?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
water, of any kind but especially the ocean....

the sound of a breeze through the tree-tops...

music...

and the closer I get to God the more at peace I am becoming with myself. There is a great comfort in really believing that there is somebody looking out for you no matter what...and that somehow things will work out for the best....no matter how bad they might stink at the moment heh

The mention of nature reminds me of a couple of weather-related things that I always enjoy: a nice, quiet afternoon in which it's either snowing gently or there's a nice little drizzle going on outside. Sit there on my couch, all curled up, watching the weather occur outside, and it's a nice, peaceful little moment. I've always loved that.

Angela

I sold my soul to a mate about 3 years ago so I don't have one.

But what gets my juices flowing is:

Music
International Football (Soccer)
Pride in my agnosticism and my anti-religion stance
Observing happiness, peace and understanding in the world
The opposite sex
Compliments

The ocean, I was just there and I miss it already. I've always felt I belong living at the beach.

My faith in God. After seeing the outpouring of love and faith w/ the Pope's death, it makes me believe there are still many positives in this world in spite of all the negativity and cynicism.

Helping other people however I can w/ my limited means and opportunities.

Kind words and deeds from other people. Even from a stranger. Just a smile is enough sometimes. Being accepted for who I am nurtures my soul.

Music

Being quiet and in a quiet place

Animals and nature

Love

Hugs :wink: I feel hug deprived often. Kisses aren't bad either but you take what you can get.

Fresh, clean mountain air
the view of Mt. Rainier
Music
good wine
Waking up to my wife in the morning
Going to bed with her at night!:combust:

In general, animals and nature, gymnastics.

Specifically,

- blue gilll fishing by myself in the baking sun on Big Star Lake
- exploring the Florida Everglades
- holding cats
- mastering a new skill on trampoline

Music
Nature - particularly my local East Coast beaches and the mountains I can get to with a six-hour drive (Boone, NC/Gatlinburg, TN)
Laughter
Quiet time with my husband

Great question.. I'm enjoying everyone's input! :up:

Back
Top Bottom