What no Michael Moore posts? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 04-20-2004, 09:37 PM   #16
Blue Crack Distributor
Local Time: 04:14 AM
mr. moore better tip-toe very lightly on this fahrenheit 911 thing... very very lightly. my rage over him picking this topic is already building to a peak, and all i've done is read the taglines and plot outlines... tip-toe very lightly mr. moore...

Old 04-21-2004, 01:36 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Dreadsox
[Q]First, can we stop the Orwellian language and start using the proper names for things? Those are not “contractors” in Iraq. They are not there to fix a roof or to pour concrete in a driveway. They are MERCENARIES and SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE. They are there for the money, and the money is very good if you live long enough to spend it. [/Q]

1st Michael, please show me where the President called them contractors? They are citizens who were hired to provide security for the companies that are working to rebuild Iraq. Without security, many of the good things that are being atttempted would fail. Still, you accuse the administration of Orwellian language, and I am confused as to how you have come to the conclusion that the President used such language.

That security personal could be a part of the problem in Iraq.

Soldiers And Fortune

Who's the United States' major ally today in Iraq?

Hint: it may not be part of the "Coalition of the Willing." You might instead label them the "Brotherhood of the Extremely Well Paid": mercenaries working for private security firms in Iraq. Estimates of their number run from 5,000 to 15,000.

And while no one really knows how many there are, thousands more are due to join them.

At this extremely critical time, when ill-conceived military action can degenerate into disastrous religious outbursts, who is calling the shots? That question is only now beginning to draw some attention