what next for MakePovertyHistory?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digsy

New Yorker
Most of the Make Poverty History campaign has been geared towards the G8 meeting next week, with it being identified as a point at which any major changes and policies are going to be made.

There's been a massive build up to this - Live 8, Long Road to Justice, large public displays of support this weekend and of course the White Bands - and the whole public campaign is about to reach it's climax when the G8 members get together.

Regardless of which way the G8 decision swings, i think it's going to be difficult for Make Poverty History to keep up i'ts momentum, at least from a public support point of view, once the G8 is over.
The general public are fickle like that and without a point to focus on i think public interest will soon be lost.

so I would like to know what people think is next for campaigns like One and MPH - are they just going to fade out post G8 or if not, what will they turn their focus to next to try keep public interest and support....?

Any thoughts???

Oh, there is more to come yet. This is the year to make a difference. I can't remember the details but there are two more international high profile conferences focusing on Africa and poverty later this year, I think in September and December, don't quote me. In any case, this will not go away in the short term as momentum will keep building to put pressure on the rich countries, and let's face it, we are rich. Sheesh, I have more money than two thirds of the people on this planet and I live a modest life. We are so fortunate.

Someone else must know what is going on this year in details. I'm sure Jamila knows.

Back
Top Bottom