What Kind of Christian Are You?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shrmn8rpoptart

War Child
What kind of Christian are you?

You scored 413, on a scale of 0 to 400. Here's how to interpret your score:
0 - 59
You are a Jesse Ventura Christian (a.k.a. a "Secularist" or non-Christian).

60 - 149
You are a Bishop Spong Christian (a.k.a. "Biblical Revisionist").

150 - 249
You are a Hillary Rodham Clinton Christian (a.k.a. "Left-Leaning Traditionalist").

250 - 329
You are a George Bush Sr. Christian (a.k.a. "Right-Leaning Traditionalist").

330 - 400
You are a Jerry Falwell Christian (a.k.a "Historicist").

Apparently I am off the scale past jerry falwel, and this means that:
You view the Bible as historically accurate and divinely inspired. You go to church every Sunday, with the Good Book in a Bible cover
nope...we have the scripture readings printed along with the liturgy.
, and Wednesday night for Bible study.
only during advent in lent...and its not really bible study, but a soup supper followed by a church service. and when i say a soup supper, i mean a totally sweet soup supper.
You've read at least one of the books in the apocalyptic "Left Behind" series,
nope, actually i hate these books, the eschatalogy is just crap millenialism.
, prefer your iced tea very sweet, and suspect Bill Clinton has murdered somebody somewhere in Arkansas. You're furious that people actually believe "The Da Vinci Code" and have bought a book debunking the novel. You wept uncontrollably all three times you went to see "The Passion of the Christ" and have ordered the DVD in bulk to give copies to friends. You may watch Eternal Word Television Network, and you adore Dr. Laura, Chuck Colson, James Dobson, and Rush Limbaugh. You enjoy some episodes of "Joan of Arcadia" but think it's not reverent enough--"Touched by an Angel" was better. If you're Catholic, you go to Latin Mass and weekly confession, though you don't have much to confess. You think homosexuals are sinful but try periodically to love them. You think the surrounding culture is so polluted that you shop at Christian bookstores, listen only to Christian radio and send your kids to Christian or parochial schools--or homeschool them. You give generously to your church and Christian charities. The Bible provides you not only a direct connection to God but a roadmap for how to lead your life.
clinton probably did murder that one white house aid (i forgot his name). i actually did not cry after the passion (i was too numb...thinking about what Christ had done so that i could be in heaven with Him). i have not bought it on dvd, but we are watching it during the adult bible studies class between services on sundays. ewtn is stupid, and so are dr. laura, colson, dobson, and limbaugh. idiots in fact. joan of arcadia sucks, touched by an angel sucked worse. i'm not catholic, but i take communion at least every other week (twice this week), and i have a lot to confess. i think the entire world is polluted, but i find most "Christian" outlets to be equally as polluted. they are cheap rip offs of pop-culture, and give most people the sense the Christianity is just some shallow institution for the academically inept. Christian radio occasionally plays good songs (switchfoot and the newsboys) but i would rather listen to a college, modern rock, or adult album alternative station. i went to a parochial school from k-2, it had its good and bad, but i feel like i'm a better person as a result of going to public school for the rest of my education (that being said, i'm transferring to a lutheran college to study theology next fall). i give what i can to my church. the Bible does provide a direct connection to God. The Holy Spirit speaks through the good news of the Gospel after the law condemns the heart. the law is the roadmap spoken of, and i can never follow it perfectly. to paraphrase luther "humanity is a drunkard, who after getting back on the path after falling off to the left, will very soon fall to the right." the only hope i have is in the gospel.

Last edited:
You scored 413, on a scale of 0 to 400.

I'm a Macfistowannabe-ist. :wink:
Off the charts.

You scored 110, on a scale of 0 to 400. Here's how to interpret your score:
0 - 59
You are a Jesse Ventura Christian (a.k.a. a "Secularist" or non-Christian).
60 - 149
You are a Bishop Spong Christian (a.k.a. "Biblical Revisionist").

ok... so SOMEONE explain to me how i turned out to be a spong christian? i gave all the heretical and blasphemous answers!:mad:

I laughed at the Hillary Clinton explanation. Although none of the explanations really fit me at all.

all_i_want said:

ok... so SOMEONE explain to me how i turned out to be a spong christian? i gave all the heretical and blasphemous answers!:mad:
read up on spong...because you just answered your own question LOL.

well, neither is he really, unless you're using a very broad definition of Christianity as this site seems too. (meaning the quiz site)

Last edited:
screw them all, im going home:drunk:

and really, the 72 virgins thing? thats a lie :wink:

Last edited:
355 .. Oh no I'm NOT! Ack! This profile couldn't be more off the mark!! I Never want to be linked, even in jest, too anything concerning Jerry F.
Answered the questions as I had learned them growing up.
not with the questions I have asked through my adult years. There is a difference, obviously. :huh:

all_i_want said:
Was jesus gay?

let's see ... 33 and unmarried, close bond with his mother, women found him non-threatening, clearly preferred the company of men (12 of 'em!), didn't like fighting but said to turn the other cheek, was a carpenter so from this we can infer a good sense of interior design ... he's certainly gayer than, say, SpongeBob or Tinky Winky.

Last edited:
This test was difficult for me. I had 12 years of Catholic schooling, so I know all of the "traditionalist" answers.

Here's me attempting to answer truthfully:

265: You are a George Bush Sr. Christian (a.k.a. "Right-Leaning Traditionalist").

I never said I was that liberal religiously. I guess being earnestly interested in Biblical scholarship over blind adherence to traditions, in addition to emphasizing "love one another" over Mosaic Law and being heavily pro-gay rights and pro-gay marriage will make people automatically think I'm some atheist.

As for Jesus' "marital status," I actually prefer him being asexual. It makes Him universally likeable, no matter what your sexuality is.

Here's me answering directly from my Catholic schooling:

394: You are a Jerry Falwell Christian (a.k.a "Historicist").

Jerry Falwell and I have the same birthday. :huh:

Melon

Last edited:
VertigoGal said:
I'm a "bishop spong christian"

right....

I'm not even a Christian:huh:

Oh well, it could've been worse:wink:
Do some research on Bishop Sprong and it will make sense. He's considered a religious atheist. He seems to believe that the church must change drastically or die.

Ft. Worth Frog said:
Not sure about being linked with Falwell though.
Yeah, I think it's pretty shabby. Why couldn't it be someone more respectable like Billy Graham?

You don't understand why everyone makes such a big fuss about the Bible, and you probably don't believe in God. You might go to church at Christmas, but Easter would be going too far. You think religion has done more harm than good but are trying to get in touch with your spiritual side. You've read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" and enjoy historical novels. You loved the "The Da Vinci Code" and think its theories about the church suppressing Jesus and Mary Magdalene’s relationship are probably right on track. You live in or near the city, eat Thai food, and hate bigots. You support gay rights, mistrust the "religious right" and think televangelists are gross. You give to charity and think it's quite possible to be tolerant and ethical without being religious.

sounds about right, though i've never had thai food or read those books, and i'm an agnostic not an atheist.

Last edited:
shrmn8rpoptart said:
i actually did not cry after the passion (i was too numb...thinking about what Christ had done so that i could be in heaven with Him).... i think the entire world is polluted, but i find most "Christian" outlets to be equally as polluted. they are cheap rip offs of pop-culture, and give most people the sense the Christianity is just some shallow institution for the academically inept. Christian radio occasionally plays good songs (switchfoot and the newsboys) but i would rather listen to a college, modern rock, or adult album alternative station....i give what i can to my church. the Bible does provide a direct connection to God. The Holy Spirit speaks through the good news of the Gospel after the law condemns the heart. the law is the roadmap spoken of, and i can never follow it perfectly. to paraphrase luther "humanity is a drunkard, who after getting back on the path after falling off to the left, will very soon fall to the right." the only hope i have is in the gospel.

:up: I pretty much agree with much of what you've said.

Originally posted by melon
I never said I was that liberal religiously. I guess being earnestly interested in Biblical scholarship over blind adherence to traditions, in addition to emphasizing "love one another" over Mosaic Law and being heavily pro-gay rights and pro-gay marriage will make people automatically think I'm some atheist.

As for Jesus' "marital status," I actually prefer him being asexual. It makes Him universally likeable, no matter what your sexuality is.

:up: Also a good viewpoint.

I got a 381 too. Yes, I take the Bible literally. Yes, there are some rather ugly things in there, but face it, there are ugly things throughout human history! Any history that is honest will admit to wrongdoings, stupidity and plain old sin. Any individual who is honest will admit to the same things; God knows I'm guilty!

Maybe my views don't make sense to anyone else. Or maybe I just don't fit into anyone's little box. :) But I found this test a little too narrow-minded for my liking. I take the Bible literally, so I'm compared to Jerry Falwell?! (Sorry, that guy has just always rubbed me the wrong way.) I think I'd prefer the company of C.S. Lewis, Corrie Ten Boom and Billy Graham. :)

Last edited:
You scored 168, on a scale of 0 to 400. Here's how to interpret your score:
You are a Hillary Rodham Clinton Christian (a.k.a. "Left-Leaning Traditionalist").

Yet I'm on the lower sphere....actually this is pretty accurate. The line depictional paragraph essentially nailed me (no pun intended).

Melon--Corrie Ten Boom= :bow: :up:

As for God's sexuality, S/he no longer has a physical body, so I'd say what other possibility than asexual is there?

OH, yeah, I got a 290. I'm a conservative now. :lol: Amazing the boxes people put beliefs into!

Cheryl

Back
Top Bottom