What is your world view outlook?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueyedpoet

Refugee
Find out your world view.

http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=23320

You scored as Idealist.

Idealism centers around the belief that we are moving towards something greater. An odd mix of evolutionist and spiritualist, you see the divine within ourselves, waiting to emerge over time. Many religious traditions express how the divine spirit lost its identity, thus creating our world of turmoil, but in time it will find itself and all things will again become one.

Idealist 69%
Cultural Creative 63%
Existentialist 63%
Postmodernist 44%
Fundamentalist 44%
Modernist 31%
Materialist 31%
Romanticist 25%

1113108463materialist.JPG

Materialism stresses the essence of fundamental particles. Everything that exists is purely physical matter and there is no special force that holds life together. You believe that anything can be explained by breaking it up into its pieces. i.e. the big picture can be understood by its smaller elements.

Materialist 100%
Existentialist 88%
Modernist 56%
Fundamentalist 38%
Cultural Creative 31%
Romanticist 31%
Idealist 31%
Postmodernist 13%

Rationalist reductionist that I am, I would agree with that outlook, although I may be a bit more of a modernist than that quiz suggests.

Last edited:
You scored as Cultural Creative.

Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

Cultural Creative 69%
Idealist 63%
Romanticist 63%
Existentialist 56%
Postmodernist 50%
Materialist 44%
Modernist 31%
Fundamentalist 31%

You scored as Existentialist.

Existentialism emphasizes human capability. There is no greater power interfering with life and thus it is up to us to make things happen. Sometimes considered a negative and depressing world view, your optimism towards human accomplishment is immense. Mankind is condemned to be free and must accept the responsibility.

Existentialist
69%
Materialist
50%
Romanticist
50%
Modernist
44%
Postmodernist
38%
Fundamentalist
31%
Idealist
31%
Cultural Creative
25%

Nice :)

You scored as Postmodernist.

Postmodernism is the belief in complete open interpretation. You see the universe as a collection of information with varying ways of putting it together. There is no absolute truth for you; even the most hardened facts are open to interpretation. Meaning relies on context and even the language you use to describe things should be subject to analysis.

Postmodernist 100%

Existentialist 88%

Cultural Creative 81%

Materialist 75%

Modernist 69%

Romanticist 38%

Idealist 31%

Fundamentalist 25%

Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.

Cultural Creative 100%
Postmodernist 69%
Idealist 56%
Fundamentalist 50%
Romanticist 50%
Existentialist 44%
Modernist 25%
Materialist 0%

I´m not shying away from organized religion though. And I may even have materialistic sides, also if they do not dominate.

Those tests are always partly true; asking 20-30 questions and expecting to find anwers about yourself is an illusion, so I do that for fun.

Knowledge is inside of you or it isn´t, but you will surely not find it in a test.

Cultural Creative 69%
Idealist 63%
Romanticist 63%
Existentialist 56%
Postmodernist 50%
Materialist 44%
Modernist 31%
Fundamentalist 31%

You scored as Postmodernist.

Postmodernism is the belief in complete open interpretation. You see the universe as a collection of information with varying ways of putting it together. There is no absolute truth for you; even the most hardened facts are open to interpretation. Meaning relies on context and even the language you use to describe things should be subject to analysis.

Postmodernist 75%
Modernist 69%
Cultural Creative 69%
Idealist 63%
Existentialist 56%
Romanticist 50%
Materialist 44%
Fundamentalist 19%

yeah, pretty much.

You scored as Existentialist.

Existentialism emphasizes human capability. There is no greater power interfering with life and thus it is up to us to make things happen. Sometimes considered a negative and depressing world view, your optimism towards human accomplishment is immense. Mankind is condemned to be free and must accept the responsibility.

Cultural Creative

69%
Existentialist

50%
Modernist

44%
Postmodernist

44%
Romanticist

38%
Fundamentalist

25%
Idealist

25%
Materialist

13%

Pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Cultural Creative 88%
Fundamentalist 63%
Romanticist 56%
Postmodernist 38%
Existentialist 31%
Idealist 25%
Modernist 19%
Materialist 6%

1113109050cultural%20creative.JPG

I'm not certain I agree with my results, though. This was a bit too tidy and simple.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
I´m not shying away from organized religion though. And I may even have materialistic sides, also if they do not dominate.

Those tests are always partly true; asking 20-30 questions and expecting to find anwers about yourself is an illusion, so I do that for fun.

Knowledge is inside of you or it isn´t, but you will surely not find it in a test.

:up: :yes:

Last edited:

Cultural Creative

75%

Idealist

69%

Postmodernist

56%

Existentialist

44%

Modernist

31%

Romanticist

31%

Fundamentalist

25%

Materialist

13%

Cultural Creative

75%
Existentialist

69%
Idealist

69%
Postmodernist

56%
Romanticist

50%
Modernist

31%
Materialist

31%
Fundamentalist

31%

Sounds fairly close to the truth, except I haven't entirely given up on organized religion yet. I do admit to being someone disillusioned with it recently, though. I'm beginning to think of myself as being more "spiritual" than "religious."

Last edited:
I had my mom and my girlfriend take this quiz and both came out as Cultural Creative. Many of you guys did too. Obviously this is far too narrow of a group to make completely accurate observations, but it really does seem like many people are rejecting both the polar ends of scientific empiricism and fundamentalist religion. People aren't rejecting truth or God, they feel that there is a middle road.

You scored as Idealist.

Idealism centers around the belief that we are moving towards something greater. An odd mix of evolutionist and spiritualist, you see the divine within ourselves, waiting to emerge over time. Many religious traditions express how the divine spirit lost its identity, thus creating our world of turmoil, but in time it will find itself and all things will again become one.

Cultural Creative 75%
Idealist 75%
Materialist 75%
Romanticist 75%
Modernist 63%
Postmodernist 50%
Existentialist 0%
Fundamentalist 0%

Sounds like a U2 song....the bold...hehe

You scored as Modernist.

Modernism represents the thought that science and reason are all we need to carry on. Religion is unnecessary and any sort of spirituality halts progress. You believe everything has a rational explanation.

50% of Americans share your world-view.

Modernist 69%

Postmodernist 63%

Materialist 63%

Idealist 56%

Cultural Creative 50%

Existentialist 50%

Romanticist 25%

Fundamentalist 25%

Thank God

I am not a Cultural Creative.

A lot of these questions I answered 3

on their 1- 5 scale, because they meant nothing to me.
1113109265modernism.JPG

I'm both Cultural Creative and Romanticist, but I preferred human spirituality to looking back in my tiebreaker question so I'm classified under CC.

Romanticist

81%
Cultural Creative

81%
Postmodernist

63%
Idealist

63%
Fundamentalist

50%
Existentialist

44%