What is your Take on Abortion? - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2006, 11:34 PM   #106
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep

if some of their money goes to needy people

why care who delivers it?
I will have to ask them that....

I am going to assume that they believe governement waste gets in the way....

Excellent q.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:41 AM   #107
Refugee

Local Time: 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ILuvLarryMullen

how could a girl say no to that?! I am glad that there are still some romantics left in the world .
I knew it! Screw opening doors for the ladies...it's all about buying them an abortion. That's class.

Old 04-21-2006, 01:54 AM   #108
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
I was not talking about the numbers I was talking about your other comments. Do you really think you have people figured out? Have you helped out at a soup kitchen, Brought cloths to the poor in other countries, or help rebuild an orphanage in Mexico that was falling apart?
Um, yes. I have people figured out. You see, I'm a philosophy major at UCLA. Thus, I'm brilliant.

Why should I list my volunteer activities? And, what has that got to do with anything? What good will comparing our good deeds do? That's really cool though, if you helped rebuild an orphanage in Mexico.

I'm saying, many of those who claim they support family values and are against abortions, do not favor policies that help out struggling families. I see that as hypocritical. If we helped the poor, chances are there will be less abortions.

Why don't we work towards creating a society that has little use for abortion? Let's create a society where every pregnancy is a wanted pregnancy.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:59 AM   #109
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by blueyedpoet

Why don't we work towards creating a society that has little use for abortion? Let's create a society where every pregnancy is a wanted pregnancy.
Absolutely!!!

And this includes realistic sex ed programs, not this shit that the current admin is trying to push...
Old 04-21-2006, 02:20 AM   #110
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
Justin I really hope you realise that no one in here likes abortion. No one flippantly thinks it is just ok. Those who support the choice for abortion realise what it is. They're deciding based on more than a (narrow) look at one aspect of the decision and procedure. This apparent total lack of understanding that the woman who experiences an aborted pregnancy is not affected is just sad. How she is affected is tremendous. Dont ever assume the support for choice advocates feel any different.

Thank you....I personally think it is wrong,although Ive not been put in that postion.I support the freedom of choice for other women though.
Old 04-21-2006, 05:23 AM   #111
Refugee

Local Time: 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem

People often mention women who use abortion as a form of contraception, but ... really? Does anyone know a woman who is so lackadasical about abortion as to shrug and say, "Oops, pregnant again. Time for a trip to the clinic!"

It sounds to me like a pro-life argument against abortion, when really it just doesn't happen. (Or, if it does, is very, very rare.)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but "some women treat abortion as a form of contraception" sounds an awful lot like saying those who are pro-choice are pro-abortion (i.e., a pretty darned incorrect statement).
Did you read my original post or what, I said "I have a PROBLEM (ie: concern) with SOME (ie: very tinny-winny amount) women using adoption CONSISTENTLY (ie: alot) as a form of contraception"

I'll repeat myself again, i am 100% PRO-CHOICE (ie: PRO-ABORTION)

And for the record, i once knew a woman who had four(4) abortions, cause' she (her own words) "hated condoms,hated the pill (because she forgot to take it all the time,not because she could'nt), thought IUD's and any other insertion was just plain gross". I was also alarmed that she was'nt the only tool in the world who thought that way!(That's WHY i said SOME!!!)
Old 04-21-2006, 11:22 AM   #112
She's the One

Local Time: 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by fly so high!

And for the record, i once knew a woman who had four(4) abortions, cause' she (her own words) "hated condoms,hated the pill (because she forgot to take it all the time,not because she could'nt), thought IUD's and any other insertion was just plain gross". I was also alarmed that she was'nt the only tool in the world who thought that way!(That's WHY i said SOME!!!)
While her attitude is repugnant, I'm glad she isn't raising kids. :shudder:
Old 04-21-2006, 11:30 AM   #113
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by fly so high!

Did you read my original post or what, I said "I have a PROBLEM (ie: concern) with SOME (ie: very tinny-winny amount) women using adoption CONSISTENTLY (ie: alot) as a form of contraception"
Sounds like we are dancing around the issue of "why" - and I'm not sure it needs to be answered.

Given the number of abortions performed in the US, it far exceeds the potential rape, incest, life of the mother cases that are offered as the generally accepted reasons.

And, in places like Russia, abortion is the primary method of birth control.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:41 AM   #114
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by blueyedpoet

Um, yes. I have people figured out. You see, I'm a philosophy major at UCLA. Thus, I'm brilliant.
Thank you confusious.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:41 AM   #115
Blue Crack Distributor

fly so high, my post wasn't meant as a criticism directed at you. I'm sorry if you took it that way.

It's just that I've heard that comment often in any discussion about abortion, and I was always curious about it.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:53 AM   #116
Blue Crack Distributor

i used to be completely against it, i still don't neccesarily agree with it, i certainly don't like it, but i do now understand it.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:27 PM   #117
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

Thank you confusious.
Confucious say.....
Old 04-21-2006, 03:22 PM   #118
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

Given the number of abortions performed in the US, it far exceeds the potential rape, incest, life of the mother cases that are offered as the generally accepted reasons.
"Generally accepted" by whom? Choice is about choice, not about if the choice meets a total stranger's criteria of acceptable.

Quote:
And, in places like Russia, abortion is the primary method of birth control.
Because they don't have access to other means of birth control. Give those women access to condoms and the Pill, and you'd lessen the use of abortion as birth control.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:32 PM   #119
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by martha
"Generally accepted" by whom? Choice is about choice, not about if the choice meets a total stranger's criteria of acceptable.
Arguments for 'choice' are usually framed and led by the more compelling rape, incest, life of the mother and not with the statement "I want to kill my baby".
Old 04-21-2006, 03:34 PM   #120
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Arguments for 'choice' are usually framed and led by the more compelling rape, incest, life of the mother and not with the statement "I want to kill my baby".

is a zygote a baby?