What is your Take on Abortion? - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2006, 01:46 PM   #91
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 01:24 AM
well abortion is a hell of a lot easier for me to go along with considering i dont believe a little blob of cells is a human being. Until the baby can live/breath on its own even fragily (say round 5 months) its technically still part of the woman and therefore her right to say whether she wants it or not.

plus as someone above said, can we get over the fact that people are not using this as a form of contraception, mistakes happen, the pill isnt 100% effective, medication can screw the pills benefits up, the condoms can break, they might do the pull out method and he doesnt pull out quick enough who knows. But the fact is people are going to have sex regardless of the risks, and because humans are humans mistakes will be made, babies will be made, and in many cases, totally unwanted.

I dont know if i personally could have an abortion, but if my boyf of a long time and i got pregnant we would definately keep it, BUT if it was a one night stand, why would i want to have a baby with someone i barely know OR why would i want to give up a child and know i have a child somewhere from a one night stand?! meh, it doesn't work.

Old 04-20-2006, 01:51 PM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by dazzlingamy
BUT if it was a one night stand, why would i want to have a baby with someone i barely know OR why would i want to give up a child and know i have a child somewhere from a one night stand?! meh, it doesn't work.
But you're if willing to have sex with a person that you barely know don't you then have to willing to accept the consequences of such actions?

Old 04-20-2006, 03:45 PM   #93
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:24 AM
i tried to look at abortion from both sides, and im starting to realize im against it.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:49 PM   #94
She's the One

Local Time: 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
so it seems to me that exceptions of "rape and/or incest" are really tied into the idea of forcing a woman to carry a pregnancy to term as a method of puritanical punishment for having sex, since rape and incest are most assuredly not sex (they are sexual crimes).

what such exceptions do is take the focus away from the fetus, and place the focus back on the behavior of the mother unmasking much (not all) of pro-life thought as misogyny in disguise.
Of course. But I think by pushing for a real answer to this question, whether here or in a political debate, the real truth of the anti-choice people will be unmasked.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:31 PM   #95
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

Of course. But I think by pushing for a real answer to this question, whether here or in a political debate, the real truth of the anti-choice people will be unmasked.

i think we also need to remind ourselves that sometimes, even the most virtuous of women get raped.

sluts, however, are always asking for it.

they need to be learned a good lesson. after all, this is why God created not just pregnancy, but STDs, and which is why we need to oppose the HPV vaccine lest it provide an incentive for our young women to fornicate.

(maximum irony intended)
Old 04-20-2006, 06:15 PM   #96
Refugee

Local Time: 02:24 PM
Pro-Lifers don't give a shit about the baby once it's born; especially if the baby is born into poverty.

Bush's Pro-Life Agenda
U.S. MILITARY DEATHS IN IRAQ: 2375
IRAQI CIVILIAN DEATHS (MINIMUM): 34511
Old 04-20-2006, 06:23 PM   #97
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by blueyedpoet
Pro-Lifers don't give a shit about the baby once it's born; especially if the baby is born into poverty.

Bush's Pro-Life Agenda
U.S. MILITARY DEATHS IN IRAQ: 2375
IRAQI CIVILIAN DEATHS (MINIMUM): 34511
That is total Bullshit. How do you know Pro-Lifer dont give a shit, unless it's your own personal experience.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:31 PM   #98
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24

That is total Bullshit. How do you know Pro-Lifer dont give a shit, unless it's your own personal experience.
Then where is the federally funded health care for children whose families can't afford it? Where is the federally funded birth control to prevent unwanted pregnancies in the first place? Where is the legislation preventing pollutants from poisoning children? Where is the legislation allowing adoptions to take place within loving families of all kinds?

These things are continually opposed by the same noisy bunch who thinks that my uterus is under their control.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:49 PM   #99
Refugee

Local Time: 02:24 PM
Quote:

Yes, you're right...those numbers are bullshit. I just pulled them out of my ass. Bush has really given love hugs to nearly 3000 soldiers and at least 30000 Iraqis.

And, Martha is right. The same people who get their panties in a wad about abortion, are the same who oppose helping the poor. They're the ones who bitch about social welfare; they're the ones who want the poor to shoulder the tax burden; they're the ones who refuse to provide an adequote education for the poor; they're the ones who want poor children to go without health care.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:52 PM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I was not talking about the numbers I was talking about your other comments. Do you really think you have people figured out? Have you helped out at a soup kitchen, Brought cloths to the poor in other countries, or help rebuild an orphanage in Mexico that was falling apart?
Old 04-20-2006, 06:58 PM   #101
She's the One

Quote:
Do you really think you have people figured out?
I don't, but I can make reasonable predictions about their behavior based on past experience and behavior. And most anti-choice people don't support the issues and laws that would give the children they want to "save" a decent life.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:59 PM   #102
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

And, then we could have an abortion

how could a girl say no to that?! I am glad that there are still some romantics left in the world .
Old 04-20-2006, 07:50 PM   #103
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

And, Martha is right. The same people who get their panties in a wad about abortion, are the same who oppose helping the poor.
Wrong....

They are opposed to the government taking their money to do it. The majority of of Christians that I know who oppose abortions are generous with their money to charities they choose and generous with their time.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:58 PM   #104
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:24 PM
http://www.feministsforlife.org/
Old 04-20-2006, 08:38 PM   #105
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

Wrong....

They are opposed to the government taking their money to do it. The majority of of Christians that I know who oppose abortions are generous with their money to charities they choose and generous with their time.
if some of their money goes to needy people

why care who delivers it?