What is your earliest memory of yourself? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-09-2001, 04:01 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:08 PM
i remember sitting in the high chair in the front room of our old house and looking out the screen door at our above ground pool.
i wouldnt have been any older than 2.

apparently i asked a lot of questions.why is the sky blue kinda thing. i said the word 'dangerous' a lot too.
they thought i was going to be a child genious.
god knows what happened...

Old 11-10-2001, 01:54 PM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 02:08 AM
my earliest memory is about 2 yrs later than most of yours (I was slow right from the start )
we were on a plane to RSA, I was about 4, and my little sister was 2..my mom was pregnant so we had to sit by bathroom where there was more space..
I remember my dad's feet propped up on the wall and those ugly brown blankets they give you on planes..
really random memory

another fairly early memory, I have is of going up to the road at the front of my property completely naked and squirting cars with a water gun..I was a wild one right from the beginning too!
(crazy + stupid = trouble)

lol Ang, sis's are just lovable lil things arent they?

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

Old 11-21-2001, 06:48 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:08 AM
my earliest memory that is so clear i can see it exactly to this day was when i was 7 years old. it was a nice minnesota summer day so my family was outside playing baseball...being american. well, we heard this big screech and we looked up and a B-52 bomber was flying over head on its way to war.

------------------
Go lightly down your darkened way.
Old 11-21-2001, 11:24 PM   #19
The Fly

Local Time: 07:08 AM
One of my earliest memories was of being at one of my brother's swim meets and going off to look at the butterflies around some flowers nearby. I ended up catching one, but I was careful to catch it just by holding the wings so that I wouldn't hurt it. I thought it was really beautiful and I was proud that I caught it. I showed it to my mom and sat on her lap while still holding it. A baby in a mother's arms beside us reached over and grabbed the body and killed it. I felt so guilty. If I hadn't caught it, it would still be flying around the flowers with its friends.
Old 11-22-2001, 02:22 PM   #20
Refugee

I have a couple of memories which I think are both from when I was no more than about two. I was at the local pool with my mum, I guess she was holding me in her lap, and we were watching my brother's swimming lesson. I was holding a baby book and I dropped it over the railing. It was a long way to the ground. The way I remember it there was this baby book with a bear or something on the cover staring back up at me from what looked like about ten thousand miles down. I think I remember being scared.

The other memory is of my brother pushing me in a pram. We came to this teeny little hill in the park near our house and he let go of the pram! It wasn't malicious, he just wanted to give me a fun little ride (so I'm told ) and the pram turned over! I have this memory of...everything turning over. But no harm done. Apparently he was quite upset so I don't think it was an attempt to do away with me!

------------------
You've got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice
Old 11-23-2001, 02:06 AM   #21
Refugee

Local Time: 08:08 AM
I'm another one of those with a traumatic first memory - that seems to be the norm, huh?

My first memory is probably this one: I was 3 years old and we were having guests over for lunch. At the time there were vintage cars printed inside of the soda bottle caps, and I collected them. I think I loved those pictures more than the drink, LOL! Anyway, for whatever reason, my mother decided to snuff out a candle with my brand new bottle cap, blackening my beautiful car. I remember crying very loudly and being very angry with my mother, even though she showed me that nothing had happened to the car, and the soot could be wiped right off.

Another memory from around the same time - although I haven't been able to find out exactly how old I was at the time, was going to the cinema for the first time, again with my mother. She took me to see a Donald Duck film, which I loved - until poor Donald's tail caught fire and I started screaming in horror. I did not see the humour in that at all. The interesting thing is that to this day I have a fire phobia, but I don't know if it was caused by that film, or if I got so scared because I already had it then.
Old 07-13-2002, 09:31 PM   #22
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:08 PM

Hmm I think I was about 4 or 5 when I was playing with my brother in the kitchen and somehow my chin ended up hitting the floor and it split open.

I remember my mom holding me in the back seat of the car with a towel on my chin as we rushed to the emergency.

Then I remember them putting the sheet over my face to give me stitches. I remember getting a pineapple dum dum after it was all over.
Old 07-13-2002, 09:32 PM   #23
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Holy crap.. lol.. I was like viewing who's online, and someone was viewing this thread and I just clicked on it and replied not even realizing it was so old!

Old 07-13-2002, 10:02 PM   #24
I serve MacPhisto

having a blonde moment?????

Good job Sicy?

and you say you never post in FYM

Well my earliest memory is when I was 2 and I was in the kitchen sitting on a barstool while my mom was pottin gplants on the floor?

I kept wanting to get down but she made me stay there in the stool. I was squirming around and my foot was caught in the legs of the stool, and I fell off breaking my leg. I remember that and being in the hospital slapping the doctor as he put me cast on.

This time probably around 3-4, I was in my sisters bedroom as she ran around circles around the house. One time she ran around, I reached out and grabbed her pony tail causing her to fall down and scream.

In first grade I put my bubblegum in this little girls hair and the teacher had to cut it out with scissors. Another time I painted the same girls face blue with watercolors.

One time in Virginia while vacationing with my family i was (probably still 1st grade) with my cousin out at the pool, and the tennis courts were down below under the pool. My cousin and I soaked our towels and t shirts and threw them down on the tennis players.

In 3rd grade I told my best friend a joke at lunchtime that made him puke into his tray of food. THen I started a food-fight as he was puking and everybody had lost their appetite anyway.

I was a bad little boy
Still am
Old 07-13-2002, 10:18 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

My earliest childhood memory would have to be when i was around 2 or 3 and what i remember is that i was in the hospital and i was looking over at my dad who was watching tv and eating fritos. He was waiting for me to go to sleep so that he could leave. I have a hard time remembering things of when i was younger but for some reason that sticks out in my mind.
Old 07-13-2002, 10:44 PM   #26
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

I'll blonde your face

Quote:
Originally posted by z edge
and you say you never post in FYM
Well I just dont post in political or controversial topics. I am not one for lengthly discussion.

Light hearted and fun are my topics of choice

You were a mean kid.
Old 07-13-2002, 10:49 PM   #27
I serve MacPhisto

Re: I'll blonde your face

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy

Well I just dont post in political or controversial topics. I am not one for lengthly discussion.

Light hearted and fun are my topics of choice

You were a mean kid.
Agreed
I have only been here so much lately as i feel a sort of calling to
yes bad

I miss my sister
Old 07-14-2002, 12:07 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

*joins in*

when i was 3 years old my dad was gone on a trip (somewhere.....)....anyway, i wanted my mom to take the training wheels off my bike, but she didn't think i could ride it, so she said "wait til dad gets home"....but i kept complaining and complaining until she got out the tools and took 'em off....anyway, i hopped on the bike and could ride it right away....my mom made my sister run behind me......i was yellin'

"I'M FWEE, AND I CAN RIDE A TWO-WHEELER!!" as i went......good times good times.........
Old 07-14-2002, 11:49 AM   #29
Acrobat

I remember my third Christmas Eve...I was supposed to be in bed asleeep but I was awake and looked out my window to see my dad and a next door neighbor lift a tricycle out of the back of a car....

No...it did not disillusion me about Santa Claus!

I remember vividly and in great detail the day President Kennedy was shot. I was five years old. Go ahead and count!!!

dream wanderer
Old 07-14-2002, 08:01 PM   #30
Refugee

I was about 2 years old at the time. I had gotten a new bed so I could get up in the night to go to the washroom (I was fully toilet trained at 2.5 years) I remember waving bye to my crib as it got taken away and waving hello to my new bed. The wierd thing is that I remember all of my early (before 7 years) memories in third person. Like in kindergarten I remember hiding under the table because I didn't want to paint, I wanted to look at a book. I can actually see myself under that table as I look back on the memory. In grade one, I refused to do anything at playtime but build with lego or read in the reading corner. Someone had beaten me to the lego table and the reading corner was full so I went into the hallway and stayed there for the rest of the day. It seems I was always out in the hallway by myself instead of with the other kids. Again, I can see myself sitting in the hallway reading all the posters in the teachers room. I really don't understand why I see all my early memories in third person. Just like in grade one when I got sent to the office for not drawing a picture in my daily journal but using the space to write about the weather.(We had to start our journals writing about the weather for some reason) All my memories from about grade 2 on I see from my perspective.
Strange.