What is wrong with some people?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2861U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
http://startelegram.typepad.com/sky_talk/2008/03/woman-files-law.html

March 14, 2008

Woman files lawsuit against AMR because passenger next to her masturbated while she slept:

A 21-year-old Harris County woman filed a $200,000 lawsuit against American Airlines alleging employees on a flight to Los Angeles from Dallas/Fort Worth Airport failed to protect her while she slept from another passenger who masturbated to her and ejaculated in her hair, according to a lawsuit she filed last week in Tarrant County.
The Harris County woman alleges employees knew of the risks associated with failing to “police the passengers to ensure that passengers do not hurt one another,” the suit states.
Airline officials did not return calls seeking comment. In a statement to a Houston television station last year, a spokesman said the company regretted the incident, but the flight crew took appropriate action.
The woman and her lawyer could not be reached for comment. The Star-Telegram does not identify victims of sexual crimes.
Destined for a Spring Break visit with family and friends March 19, the woman flew from Houston to DFW Airport and had settled into her seat for the last leg of flight 2074 to Los Angeles about 11 p.m., the suit states. The woman slept most of the flight, but awoke about 20 minutes before landing when the pilot announced the plane was on decent into Los Angeles. When the woman opened her eyes, she saw that an unknown man had moved into the seat next to her and was staring at her as he masturbated, the suit states.
The woman turned toward the window in embarrassment and in an act of nervousness began to run her fingers through her hair where she noticed “a substantial amount of an extremely sticky substance in her hair,” the suit states.
The woman began to cry and tried to get the attention of a flight attendant, but was unsuccessful, the suit states. Finally a passenger in the row in front of the woman comforted her and verified the semen in her hair, the suit states.
When the plane landed, employee called airport police and the man was arrested.
The suit alleges that the during the investigation, American Airlines employees told police they witnessed the man move from his assigned seat into the row where the woman was sleeping.
The woman is seeking punitive damages and a jury trial.

-- Melissa Vargas

Ugh, that poor woman.

I don't know if suing the airline is the answer, but how traumatic. Yeeesh.

I laughed at first because this sounds like something you may find in a comedy series but this is terrible. If someone did that to me or my family i would of chopped his manhood of and rammed it down his throat.

That's disgusting.

And it's almost always men who do things like this. My roommate and I were flashed last September walking home from a bar. My friend had a guy jacking off on the subway next to her. I don't understand it. When do you hear stories of women behaving similarly?

anitram said:
That's disgusting.

And it's almost always men who do things like this. My roommate and I were flashed last September walking home from a bar. My friend had a guy jacking off on the subway next to her. I don't understand it. When do you hear stories of women behaving similarly?

Women cant jack off thats why :lol:
Ive known plenty of women to flash.

anitram said:
That's disgusting.

I think it has to do with most men just not understanding what it is like to suffer harrassment, etc. So many of them just think that they can do whatever the hell they want with no repercussions.

anitram said:

How many women have you seen or heard of publicly masturbating?

Does shoving bottles up their private parts count ? The only thing is most guys just wouldnt be too bothered, thats why you might not see as many complaints this side of the bar.

vaz02 said:

Does shoving bottles up their private parts count ? The only thing is most guys just wouldnt be too bothered, thats why you might not see as many complaints this side of the bar.

Your attitude toward this sexual assault is more telling than you may want to admit.

This man sexually assaulted this woman on an airplane and nothing was done. This isn't that same as a man watching a woman masturbate and getting a thrill from it.

martha said:

Your attitude toward this sexual assault is more telling than you may want to admit.

This man sexually assaulted this woman on an airplane and nothing was done. This isn't that same as a man watching a woman masturbate and getting a thrill from it.

Who's to say people were not offended by it ? i personally find it disgusting, especially if its your bottle.

Im not finding it funny, you think because im male im finding it funny. That is sexist.
If you have seen my posts you will find that such acts disgust me and to say im taking things as a joke are offending and insultive.

vaz02 said:
Im not finding it funny, you think because im male im finding it funny. That is sexist.
If you have seen my posts you will find that such acts disgust me and to say im taking things as a joke are offending and insultive.

No, your whole "joke" about women and bottles in this thread is offensive. You say it disgusts you? Then act like it and quit making jokes.

This man sexually assaulted this woman on an airplane and nothing was done

The guy was arrested -- that's something, a good something I think too.

In this case, the only way to empathize as a male, is to imagine another male doing this to you. What would your reaction be?

MadelynIris said:
In this case, the only way to empathize as a male, is to imagine another male doing this to you. What would your reaction be?

I think the problem is that many men have an absolutely inappropriate response to this question. Instead of being kinder to women, etc., it just devolves into homophobia. In other words, the question is taken far too literally.

I always embarrass the Sh*t out of the guy by yelling at him to put his penis back in his pants and go to an adult book store to jack off. This way everyone knows that he is a weirdo. Another response if they flash you is "Is that all you've got maybe an implant will help you". Do with a look on your face that you want to kick his ass.

melon said:

I think the problem is that many men have an absolutely inappropriate response to this question. Instead of being kinder to women, etc., it just devolves into homophobia. In other words, the question is taken far too literally.

And that's the problem. Men don't really have an equivalent situation to experience.

Much like with another issue we've all discussed here. :shifty:

it just devolves into homophobia

Sorry -- not my intent. It's just that if you try to use the argument "what if a girl laid down next to you and started masturbating" just doesn't work out as well, while it should, it just doesn't.

MadelynIris said:
Sorry -- not my intent.

Oh, I never did think it was your intent, and I think it is, in general, very good advice. We need more empathy in this world. The problem is that there seems to be large portions of society-at-large that are so thoroughly incapable of it, and even actively reject what should be common sense!

Before we accuse the flight attendants of inaction or anything like that we should maybe wait to hear their reasons why they didn't act immediately.
That they didn't approach the guy when he changed his place certainly is a mistake. But I doubt that anyone deliberately ignored the woman. We certainly don't know enough to say that nothing was done, just that for some reason not immediately a flight attendant reacted to the situation.

That person, no doubt, is a threat and belongs into a psychiatric clinic, if he is not there already.

I don't think this was just a regular guy who thought he could get away with doing whatever he wanted to do. This guy is sick. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a long history.

Who are we to say what is appropriate or not appropriate behavior?

Maybe this man was raised in a culture that celebrates public masturbation.
Maybe he has a yet undiagnosed syndrome or disorder freeing him of responsibility for his actions.
Maybe this is "protected free speech" about the sexual repression of the Catholic Church.
Maybe he is a celebrated semen artist that crafts on tray tables rather than canvas.

Anyway, how do we really know this happened? That it was really him? How can you ever be 100% sure? Best to let him go rather than risk jailing an innocent man I say.

Such judgmentalism and lack of tolerance in FYM.
Frankly I'm disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom