What is wrong with some people?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoVoxSupastar said:

I've had four instances in my life that would have fallen into the legal definition of sexual assault. None that I've filed charges on, but one that the state filed charges. All involving older drunken women. Women that feel they have the right to grab my crotch or try and place their hands in my pants, etc... Now I've had them removed from the bar, but never did I feel like they deserve jail time. The one instance that the state filed charges was a woman who felt like it was OK to reach her hand down my jeans while I was playing a show. She was immediately taken off stage and cops were called. She paid a fine.

Jesus. :crack:

martha said:

Sexual assault. He came in her hair while she was sleeping, fer chrissakes. If that doesn't warrant some jail time, what does?

:up:

melon said:

I think it has to do with most men just not understanding what it is like to suffer harrassment, etc. So many of them just think that they can do whatever the hell they want with no repercussions.

I think this story is absolutely disgusting, and I think this guy should be prosecuted. At the same time, let's not make blanket assumptions here. Not all men (or even most men) are harassers, nor are most men boors with no social skills or common sense.

That's why I think that it doesn't help to simply put him in jail. That's not normal, sane beaviour. What does jail help? He will be locked up for a while, get released and then do the same. Or even worse. That should be addressed properly, and jail doesn't address this properly, but psychiatry.

Vincent Vega said:
That's why I think that it doesn't help to simply put him in jail. That's not normal, sane beaviour. What does jail help? He will be locked up for a while, get released and then do the same. Or even worse. That should be addressed properly, and jail doesn't address this properly, but psychiatry.

Surely the same excuse could be said about murders and rapists though, those are not actions of sane folk either.

Excuse? :confused:

That's not an excuse. And every murder and rapist gets an assessment on his sanity and whether he is better be put in prison, because he was fully sane when he committed the deed, or rather be put in a psychiatry. Not every murder or rapist is insane.

My point wasn't that "Oh this poor bastard should not have to go to jail for this", it was that jail will not prevent him from doing it again. Of course, psychiatry will give no certainty that it will prevent anything. But the chances are greater, as this is not normal behaviour.

Vincent Vega said:
Not every murder or rapist is insane.

You could say you would have to be insane to commit a murder or rape.

I apologise, excuse was a bad word to use.

Of course every murder is somehow derailed.
But some know full well what they are doing, and for these there is no need not to be put in prison.

Another fine citizen, this time in Oregon:

A man accused of what Clackamas County sheriffs called a “repulsive” act at a local Target store was cited and released, authorities said.

Deputies say no sex crime charges apply. The outraged victim told KGW she believes what he did should count as a sex crime.

Faulk allegedly committed a lewd act in the aisle at the store on SE Sunnyside Road. Surveillance photos showed he somehow ejaculated on the 31-year-old victim, then left the store, according to investigators.

"I'm going to start looking into that and lobbying for different laws, because that is not the same thing as spitting on someone or any other type of bodily fluid. It's a sex crime and it's gotta be changed," the victim said.

The woman he ejaculated on had her 3-year-old daughter with her at the time. :|

Oh my God. There is something seriously wrong with some of these people and their complete lack of boundaries, to say the least. And yeah I consider both of these to be a sexual assault/sex crime, and not a laughing matter. It's outrageous that that ^ is not considered a sex crime.

Faulk allegedly committed a lewd act in the aisle at the store on SE Sunnyside Road. Surveillance photos showed he somehow ejaculated on the 31-year-old victim, then left the store, according to investigators.

Somehow? It's caught on tape and no one knows how this happened? How do you secretly masturbate in a store aisle?

:eyebrow:

anitram said:
Another fine citizen, this time in Oregon:

The woman he ejaculated on had her 3-year-old daughter with her at the time. :|

Fucking hell.

Sick bastards like the two mentioned in this thread seriously need to spend some time in an institution to get help in addition to serving jail time. There's a time and a place for everything, and in this instance neither the cereal aisle at your local Target or Seat 1F apply.

I'm going to go throw up now.

Maybe he commited the act prior and was just looking for someone to smear it on, maybe thats why there might be some confusion regarding the CCTV.

If that was the case should it be called a sex crime ? its revolting either way.

anitram said:
That's disgusting.

And it's almost always men who do things like this. My roommate and I were flashed last September walking home from a bar. My friend had a guy jacking off on the subway next to her. I don't understand it. When do you hear stories of women behaving similarly?

Trust me, they do it. I work at a restaurant and I've seen women do some pretty nasty crap. Flashing, grabbing guys they don't know and french kissing em, throwing their panties around. It's weird.

Anyways, yeah that's gross. If I were her I don't think I'd be sueing anyone, but if I did it would be the guy, not the airline. Also, like Indra said, it's interesting that she didn't even do anything. I mean, you wake up with a guy's genitals over your head and you just lie there and don't do anything? It sounds like she didn't even TRY to get this guy to stop.

And some of you are saying he did it in her sleep. Are you sure? Did she wake up with some nasty stuff in her hair, turned to the guy next to her and said "hey man did you just masturbate on my head??!!" and he readily admitted "yeah that was me!!". Sounds ridiculous. Also, I can see where the airline might not be responsible at all. It wouldn't be very hard for him to hide what he was doing. There aren't flight attendents standing guard over every couple seats. He could have had a blanket over him or something and he may have just put his dong back every time they walked by.

It just sounds fishy to me.

Last edited:
Sometimes, really and truly, FYM is like a twilight zone, which bears no relation to the real world.

The financial system almost collapses and we have 8 pages on a guy jerking off.

shart1780 said:

Trust me, they do it. I work at a restaurant and I've seen women do some pretty nasty crap. Flashing, grabbing guys they don't know and french kissing em, throwing their panties around. It's weird.

Anyways, yeah that's gross. If I were her I don't think I'd be sueing anyone, but if I did it would be the guy, not the airline.

I honestly think a lot of this kind of behavior, among both males and females, is associated with some Americans' immature relationship with alcohol. Because of the puritanical roots of America, many Americans do not know how to deal with alcohol and cannot cope with it and react in immature manner when they overconsume.

In one night in Chicago in 2002, I saw two fights erupt out of nowhere. In twenty years drinking in Dublin, I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I've seen a fight. Actually that's an overstatement. I'd only have to use two or three of the fingers.

Not that Northern European drinking habits are necessarily to be recommended either mind you.

Last edited:
shart1780 said:
Ah man you've just crushed my fantasies of visiting Ireland and witnessing nightly drunken pub brawls

Well, if you go to the dodgy districts, I'm sure you can still witness them.

I drink only in the most reputable establishments. :lol:

Img37.jpg

ah'll boost ye' ahn th' mooth!

shart1780 said:

And some of you are saying he did it in her sleep. Are you sure? Did she wake up with some nasty stuff in her hair, turned to the guy next to her and said "hey man did you just masturbate on my head??!!" and he readily admitted "yeah that was me!!". Sounds ridiculous.

Read the article again. It was explained quite well: She woke up, saw him starring at her while still masturbating, turned to the window, ran her hands through her hair and felt that there was "something". Then she started crying and tried to call attention to her situation. A person in the front row got aware of it.

Edit: Oh shit it's late, totally confused the context. Sorry.

Last edited:
May every male who posted absurd responses be blessed with a daughter.

Dreadsox said:

Those who respond with abusurd comments male or otherwise shouldnt have children fullstop.

Dreadsox said:

Thank you!!

While I wasn't on a plane it happened to me coming out of WalMart one day. The man was parked nearby and asked if I knew where some store was. I didn't know but he asked if I had seen this store..(flyer) which when I looked inside his car, he was clearly jacking off. It infuriated me because it had happened to my former mom-in-law just a few month before. She reported it but nothing happened.
I grabbed a grocery bag and hit his back windshield, and that bag had a jar of pickles in it which cracked his back windshield.
he said "what do you think you are doing.. you stupid bitch"... I said "call the cops pervert" then I loaded my groceries and left.
I don't recommend that of course, because you never know who you are dealing with.
It's just that it was tramatic and caught me off guard. Then made me mad about being so nice by natue..
I don't know, some people just don't understand.

shart1780 said:

I ask again, how many times have you seen or heard of a woman masturbating in public? At a Walmart, in a parking lot, in the bushes in the park, on the subway, on the plane, etc? As a point of comparison, if you look at the legal aid clinic here in the couple of years I'm familiar with there were exactly zero such cases and more than a couple involving men.

anitram said:
I ask again, how many times have you seen or heard of a woman masturbating in public? At a Walmart, in a parking lot, in the bushes in the park, on the subway, on the plane, etc? As a point of comparison, if you look at the legal aid clinic here in the couple of years I'm familiar with there were exactly zero such cases and more than a couple involving men.

So, you think the behaviour described by Shart1780 is acceptable? :huh: :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom