What is the source of your self esteem? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2003, 01:59 AM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 05:22 PM
I like boobs. I really like boobs. Okay...I am obsessed with boobs! ---->

Here's the lowdown: Like women, men are attracted to the Madison Av. definition of beauty. We are initially attracted to those obvious choices, but once any of us get to know a person, those preconceived notions go out the window. At least for most of us. We all have our own "types", but it would be a lie to say that everyone thinks certain types are appealing. Nobody ever says 'Lyle Lovett is so hot', or 'Damn, Roseanne Barr is super sexy". NEVER hear it, never will. While this may be true, everyone is attractive when given the chance. (I hope that's true, because otherwise I'm screwed....in the bad sense of the word ) Don't make me cry!

Anyway, I'm not surprised women get this shit done to their bodies. Women believe the only way to win a man/financial security is to look like a model. Sadly I think that's true in most cases. (Again...if you know where I can find a woman that doesn't fit into this category, tell me...you might save me a ton of heartache). It's true, because I see it everywhere. Men of all ages act this way. I don't, but it seems like everyone else does. Urgh! But it should be noted that women act the same exact way. Let me repeat: Women act exacting the same way. Got it?
For that reason I have less respect for those ladies that feel like they have low self-esteems, because they'd treat men exactly the same way.

Screw the women for being superfiscal, screw the men for being superfical, and screw ME, for thinking addressing this matter in a truthful way will ever make me content.

Night

Old 10-03-2003, 07:59 AM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
She has also told me I should consider getting lipo.

NO!

She said that to you?

Old 10-03-2003, 09:03 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Lyle Lovett might not be "hot", but he seems like a nice guy to me. Possibly a guy who would treat a lady well, but of course possibly not..

I admit I like looking at nice looking men-it's human nature to enjoy things that are aesthetically pleasing. But if a person does not have a good heart and soul, the nice looks are ruined and useless.

OK, I'll say it here..I have always been flat chested, and especially in my high school years it was very tough to deal with. It still is, but if someone is going to think any "less" of me because of that (or any of my other imperfections), I really wouldn't want to waste my time on them. A guy who is only attracted to that is pretty useless imho.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:27 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
NBC, you aren't referring to Dow Corning are you?
No, Inamed Corp. They were a small player in the breast implant industry (once owned by 3M).
Old 10-03-2003, 10:30 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by pub crawler
My man-boobs are the source of my self-esteem.
I have a breast implant. I keep it in a box in the garage.

Actually, you would be surprised to see where men have implants (and not just the stuff of email spam).
Old 10-03-2003, 10:58 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
I think self esteem begins w/ your parents. If they don't do the proper job instilling it, it's tough the rest of your life to try to feel good about yourself.
*Nods* I agree.

If only the parents of that 16 year old girl from London could read this thread-then they'd realize that the things they told their daughter couldn't be farther from the truth.

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
I admit I like looking at nice looking men-it's human nature to enjoy things that are aesthetically pleasing. But if a person does not have a good heart and soul, the nice looks are ruined and useless.
Exactly right. A guy's personality is what matters most to me.

As for this whole thing of breast implants...if a woman wants to get that done to herself...*shrugs*...I say it's her body and she can do with it what she wishes. I may not agree with it and I may think it's pointless and unnecessary, but...whatever.

I have no desire to get implants, myself. Pigs will fly before I even consider doing that.

Angela
Old 10-03-2003, 09:06 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:22 AM
I was horrified the other day to see Oprah endorse such "extreme makeovers" as they are euphemistically called. I thought she was all about building one's own self-esteem.

foray
Old 10-03-2003, 09:29 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Who exactly respects Pamela Anderson anyway? She's only famous for being famous -and of course those huge implants she has (can't really call them breast any longer.) I hope this 16 year old aspires to better than that, with or without implants.
Old 10-04-2003, 01:44 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Quote:
Originally posted by mad1

NO!

She said that to you?

Yes she did, but let me tell why she said it. We were talking one day about our summer clothing and things we do not like to wear at this time of the year. I went on to tell her that I was not happy with my hips, thighs, and stomach and because of that I am not comfortable wearing swimsuits. She suggested lipo after I mentioned my problem areas. I told her I will let nature work out those problems areas of mine. I do not want surgery unless my life depends on it.
Old 10-04-2003, 09:38 AM   #25
you are what you is

I don't know exactly what most of these women think who see cosmetic surgery as a solution
so I'll never be able to convince them why they are wrong IMO
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 10-04-2003, 10:15 AM   #26
Jesus Online

Local Time: 09:22 AM
Like vain people aren't enough, those who go to such extreme measures to magically get themselves a better life are somewhat blind to the bigger picture.
Old 10-05-2003, 04:57 PM   #27
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
It's sad that many people just can get self esteem because of they body, their money or their nationality
Old 10-06-2003, 12:19 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:22 PM
i've considered breast reduction. why? cuz my boobs are too fuggin' big thats why. they used to hurt my back, and i get the wrong attention most of the time. i used to let it affect my self esteem in more ways than one. after years of soul searching, i decided against it. i love and hate my boobs because they get all the attention. see the conflict there?

other than that...its tough to deal with how everyone deals with self esteem.
Old 10-06-2003, 07:38 AM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
You are a strong woman Miss Velvet!

Old 10-06-2003, 04:43 PM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life

I was really upset. Since April I have gained twenty pounds....and I have man boobs.

On a serious note....I have a friend whose child has no muscle tissue in his left chest. His father wants to have an implant put in so that he will appear normal to other kids. I was horrified, the kid is only 6 years old.