"What is the one thing that gives you so much...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trash Can

Acrobat
...fulfillment and joy in life, that you would even pay someone for the opportunity to do it!?"

That was a question posed in a recent church lecture that focused on "Fulfillment In Life".

I really have no answer.
frown.gif

I am an artist. God has given me this incredible gift, but at the moment I find no joy in it.

I don't even get paid for it anymore because I left it to do something else.

Anyway...What is YOUR answer???
biggrin.gif

God
my wife
my family
freedom
my friends
my dog
music
good debate and discussion
a really good cheeseburger, hot dog, or Mexican dish
and....

college football.

~U2Alabama

[This message has been edited by U2Bama (edited 08-29-2001).]

Oy Veyyyyyyyyy...

No, no... but what do you love to do so much that you would even PAY someone for the oppurtinity to do it!

As in a job, a hobby, an art.

Do you love to sing? Dance? Play pick-up-stix???

You know wha I mean???

Well, I love to teach. And considering how absolutely little teachers are paid, it's almost like I'm paying someone for the opportunity to do it.

------------------
"See, the rock star gets his way! Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono ~ Houston, Texas 4-02-01

Originally posted by U2Bama:
God
my wife
my family
freedom
my friends
my dog
music
good debate and discussion
a really good cheeseburger, hot dog, or Mexican dish
and....

college football.

~U2Alabama

Wow Bama. If you substitute husband for wife, and add my kids, you've got my list.
Of course, it won't be the same team
wink.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

I just thought of the ONE thing, I would pay someone for the opportunity to do ~ raise my kids.

I'm not one of those "I always wanted to be a Mom" kinda gals either. Corporate American would have been fine with me. However, I had no idea how wonderful, how incredible my children would be. How everyday I would be so blessed to have the opportunity to have them in my life (even if it was a long, rough, pull out your hair kinda day).

I consider them such a gift, I consider myself so privledged to be their Mom that if I had to I would pay someone alot of money for the opportunity to be their Mommy.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Trash Can:
Oy Veyyyyyyyyy...

No, no... but what do you love to do so much that you would even PAY someone for the oppurtinity to do it!

I would like to do Bono, and I would pay him for the opportunity too!
biggrin.gif
ooooohhh Ok that was just wrong of me to say!
redface.gif
Forgive me!
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, it would be painting! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to paint! I dunno what it is about it but I get this enjoyment and pleasure in painting. It gives me the opportunity to express myself.... my feelings ..emotions... and its a way for me to release stress!! Geez, if someone would give me the opportunity to do paintings for them or the like, I WOULD PAY THEM!!!
smile.gif
Too bad that *sniff* with school I don't have enough time to paint! That's my hobby!
smile.gif

------------------
~*Dream Out loud*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Play piano (I've already paid U. of Oklahoma to let me do it
wink.gif
)
Spend time with Shelley (my best friend of 10 years - until just recently we hadn't seen each other in 4 years, and paying to see each other was an option many times)

That's about all I can think of right now.
smile.gif

Writing music. And being with the one I love.

------------------
"I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens", Woody Allen

Originally posted by Trash Can:
I am an artist. God has given me this incredible gift, but at the moment I find no joy in it.

Wow Trash Can, this sounds just like me.
I am an artist as well. I used to love to paint, draw, sculpt, and have won awards, scholarships, and have gotten lots of positive feedback from other artists and people in general on my artwork. Lately, however, I've felt totally uninspired to do anything art related and I don't know why. I know that God has given me this great talent and ability for a purpose and I guess right now I'm just trying to figure out what purpose that is. It's quite depressing
frown.gif

Thanks Cathy
smile.gif

Does it also bring a bit of guilt? It does me. "I am wasting God's gift!"

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

You know what I love to do, BUT it is pointless!! I love to "experiment" and create strange and complex images in Corel PhotoPaint or Adobe PhotoShop. OzAurora (or is it AuroraOz?) has some wonderful examples of her artwork on some site of hers. Hers are REALLY good. They are "art". Mine is just me... "enjoying".
But!... It doesn't pay the bills, ya know!?

Peace!

Well, in that context, Trash Can, I do enjoy playing the guitar, and I HAVE taken lessons before, so I guess you could say I would pay for the ability to do it.

~U2Alabama

Yeah, it does feel that way and I do feel guilty about it all the time. I guess the only remedy is to start trying again so I've decided this weekend I'm gonna try finishing up this painting I started last year (
eek.gif
long time I know!) so maybe I'll get reinspired.
smile.gif

I also love playing around with computer graphics. In high school I used Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and a program called Painter 5. Now I'm playing around with Corel Draw and Corel Photopaint and I do enjoy it. I've even considered making a career out of it. You know, perhaps advertising or something. Who knows?

[This message has been edited by Cathy (edited 08-30-2001).]

Ephipany.
Those sudden revelations that come to me from time to time, without any influence of drugs (i don't use drugs) or alcohol (okay, i realize alcohol can be considered a drug).

And, of course i sometimes have an ephipany under the influence of drink. Whatever the case, it is a mindbending experience to which I just hang on for the ride and relish in the consequences.

Not that i am any the smarter therefore of, but it sure feels like i had a handle on the spinner of the world for a few moments.

Give it to me

Z edge... What!???
What the Sam Hill ya talkin' about son???
...Now, had ya been drinkin' when you wrote this last reply??
wink.gif

------------------
My love for you
It's in the things I do and say
If I wanna live I gotta
Die to myself someday.
Surrender.

"you got to throw it away..."
Hey Trash Can,
Look at the time I posted that and tell me I WASN'T drinking!! And look at the time I am posting this! DAMN, I am drunk twice in one post. That should be 2xephipany!

Reach out and touch faith...

(Depeche Mode just came on the cd)

Originally posted by z edge:
Look at the time I posted that and tell me I WASN'T drinking!! And look at the time I am posting this! DAMN, I am drunk twice in one post.

Yeah, but you're home 2 hours earlier tonight. Another interferencer made it home safe and sound on a Saturday night.
smile.gif

------------------
"See, the rock star gets his way! Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

[This message has been edited by Like O2 (edited 09-02-2001).]

What you don't have you don't need it now, what you don't know you can feel it somehow!

Exactly my friend!

My only journey tonight was to get more ale, and I successfully avoided the drunk police in my red TA with the t-tops off and U2 blaring, so I am home with you.

Don't need it now...Don't need it now....

Bring it baby

I successfully avoided the drunk police in my red TA with the t-tops off and U2 blaring, so I am home with you.

auto.gif

Nah, the drunk police would never notice that set-up
smily012.gif

You crack me up, z!

------------------

eek.gif
Hello??? Mr. Z, is there something you want to share with the rest of the class?
wink.gif

------------------

NO DAMNIT! keep the law dogs the hell away from me!! I already have to go to court on one violation!

NO DAMNIT! keep the law dogs the hell away from me!! I already have to go to court on one violation!

You're feckin hilarious!

Hey Trash Can...

I didn't know you were an artist! I was probably too busy giving a verbal thrashing to a conservative to even notice.
tongue.gif

Anyway, have you ever considered expanding your artistic talents? I mean, art is everywhere. I consider myself an artist, and I can't even draw!

Here's my website of my early art:
http://xodius.n3.net

And then another one of my sites that really isn't an art site, but it does show my current direction in art:
http://sarin.n3.net

But I don't really do much "art," per se, anymore, as I've been busy doing video production (an art), web design (another art), writing (not a visual art, but still an art), and my newest projects are to learn game design (yes, another art) and photojournalism (yup, another art). Eventually, I want to learn electronic music, but I will save that for later. There's a lot out in this world to do and enjoy, and I don't know how old you are (I'm 21, so it's much easier to do what I do than if you are 40 and have to support a family), but it's never too late to expand your horizons.

Anyway, just a perspective. Hope I could help at least generate some ideas!
smile.gif

Melon

------------------
?Confused by thoughts, we experience duality in life. Unencumbered by ideas, the enlightened see the one reality.? - Hui-neng (638-713)

Back
Top Bottom