What is the most important question to ask?.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2DMfan

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Whatever is most important to you??....

Jesus, Buddha, Muhammed....and so on....

What is the most important question to ask them?

AND To all:

Salvation, what does it mean to each?

No seriously, above your primate, oh-so intellectual Joss Whedon ball licking mind, if you had a chance to ask a higher power one question, what would it be?

What would be, for you. the most important question to ask, outside of questions to William Shatner.

Why does He offer promises he cannot or will not keep? Is he as powerful as we've been led to believe or is that an undue burden on him? Is fairness ever a factor?

I don't know that I think much about salvation. It's presented as a destination. I suspect it is more of a journey.

BonosSaint said:
Why does He offer promises he cannot or will not keep? Is he as powerful as we've been led to believe or is that an undue burden on him? Is fairness ever a factor?

I don't know that I think much about salvation. It's presented as a destination. I suspect it is more of a journey.

Outstanding questions

Is fairness even a factor?
God, I hope so.

I think of salvation of a journey as well.

Just asking some questions that aren't politically motivated.

I'm thinking---what is the most important question to ask?

If the creator of all...somehow made themselves known and were to only accept a few questions....

Could we come up with 6 or 8?

"is fairness ever a factor?" is a great place to start.

I suck at FYM stuff. But some of you have a great insight, even Wanderer, who is actually great, although very dismissive.

If I could talk to the top dog, so to speak, I would ask "who or what made you?"

Because that just drives me nuts. So many people say "well, god made everything" but I then wonder who made god?

indra said:
If I could talk to the top dog, so to speak, I would ask "who or what made you?"

Because that just drives me nuts. So many people say "well, god made everything" but I then wonder who made god?

"who or what made you"

that's my second one....

U2DMfan said:
No seriously, above your primate, oh-so intellectual Joss Whedon ball licking mind, if you had a chance to ask a higher power one question, what would it be?

What would be, for you. the most important question to ask, outside of questions to William Shatner.
I like Tim Minear's influence on Firefly personally and I am a big fan of hard science with little quarter towards most self-fashioned intellectuals.

Here's a question "why would God need a space ship?"

A_Wanderer said:
I like Tim Minear's influence on Firefly personally and I am a big fan of hard science with little quarter towards most self-fashioned intellectuals.

Here's a question "why would God need a space ship?"

ah shit, you are awesome and the bad thing is you know it.

God could use any craft, it wouldn't matter, if he's already on land, what would you ask? You are indebted to at least two of these questions, that's how awesome you are.

You gotta give me some answers.

If you could suspend your own disbelief, what would you ask?

Assume he's already here. :wink:

I would ask if the universe was infinite, if it was infinite then it would have no begining and it would not need a creator - and an infinite number of Gods would exist within it.

The nature of the universe would be more useful than any specific moral or ethical question.

Or I would just try to punch out God because hey, who wouldn't.

Last edited:
A_Wanderer said:
I would ask if the universe was infinite, if it was infinite then it would have no begining and it would not need a creator - and an infinite number of Gods would exist within it.

The nature of the universe would be more useful than any specific moral or ethical question.

Or I would just try to punch out God because hey, who wouldn't.

It might not be infinite.

We can talk about that tomorrow, hopefully.

A_Wanderer said:

Of course, so maybe your question is the best.
Or do you have a better question about the nature of the universe? Or a different one, specifically.

I want the best questions possible.

In this case, your question is #3, definitely.

More to come, hopefully, feel free to add, anyone....

Last edited:
What if the universe were specifically created to be infinte, how would we know the difference?

I gotta go to sleep, but hopefully later on..........

I will try to frame this properly, If we treat the universe as the sum total of the dimensions that we exist in could it be infinite while at the same time occupying a place within higher dimensions.

Use this thought experiment, how many exclusively two dimensional squares can sit on top of eachother to make a cube?

How many four dimensional (let's not get into more, please) spacetime "universes" can fit next to eachother within a five dimensional shape.

These questions are either answerable with enough investigation or completely impossible.

Last edited:
"Why'd you create a bunch of beings who are stupid enough to fight wars, commit murder, rape and other such unspeakable crimes?"

Back
Top Bottom