What is God?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is God? (In no particular order...)

• A cooler older sibling that you look up to.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • An overprotective parent you'll gladly shove in a nursing home.

• A short-tempered psycho that takes hostages.

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • An equal you can argue with and speak with candor.

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • A "best friend" figure that you enjoy spending time with.

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • A lame older sibling that you're proud of, but you think should lighten up.

• One of the cool parents, who lets you do things that other parents won't.

• Miss Cleo! Except He knows everything and doesn't have a fake accent.

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • A con artist, who makes outlandish promises He can't keep.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • A deadbeat dad who created us, but ran away a long time ago.

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters
I feel that G-d might be like what I picked, an equal (to a point). But, like the others have said I have no way to describe Him. Well, for a fact I know G-d is neither male or female and my religion forbids me to represent G-d in a physical form. It is a form of idolatry and therefore, a sin. (In case you are wondering what religion I am, I am Jewish)

I don't believe in an interventionist God, but if I did it would be a toss up beteen the third and the last option.

Anthony said:

No need to get personal. I was only throwing up a quote for the sake of debate.

Ant.

Sir, you CHOOSE to weigh on the the debate, on one side.

Then, you got uppity cos someone cracked a joke. Spare us the double standards. :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :angry:

financeguy;

I don't quite understand what your problem is. I did offer a comment for debate, but the comment that was returned to me seemed, at least to myself, quite personal. It was not a joke, and if it was I had the misfortune of not receiving it as one. From what 2Hearts and I could deduce, neither of us meant for it to get as misinterpreted as it did, perhaps by both of us. Either way, I don't see how it is applying a double-standard, and I don't see how it warrants such a reproach from you. If you have a problem, do PM me about it. Nobody else seems to be complaining.

Ant.

If God was human, he would be just as Jesus Christ was, but God and Jesus are seprate beings, but one in purpose!

financeguy said:
I don't believe in an interventionist God, but if I did it would be a toss up beteen the third and the last option.

The last option is purposely a mirror of "deism," which believes that God created everything, but does not interfere with His creation.

Melon

macphisto23, actually, they are the same being just represented in different persons. That's why Christ said "I and the father are one." They're part of the trinity, three persons in one being — God the father, God the son and God the Holy Spirit. So, when Christ came to earth, you could say God was human. Christ was both human and God in full. The father is God in heaven, Christ is God who came to live among us and die in our place for our sins so we could be forgiven and spend eternity with God, and the Holy Spirit is God as the counselor — the one who works within us, convicts us and guides us. Does that make sense?

Back
Top Bottom