What I Know For Sure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
I know, Oprah..but Oprah often asks people on her show what they know for sure. I was watching CSpan last night, and Tavis Smiley has his autobiography out called What I Know For Sure (that's the first part of the title, I can't remember the rest). Anyway, what do you know for sure? About anything-people, the world, life. One thing or as many things as you wish to say.

This isn't meant to be a topic to argue with others about what they know for sure and why (so hopefully it won't turn into that). It's meant as an exercise in reflection and introspection and self awareness. I think it also tells you much about someone.

I know that no matter what happens, I've got my dad. When something happens to him, I'm going to be beyond lost.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I know, Oprah..but Oprah often asks people on her show what they know for sure. I was watching CSpan last night, and Tavis Smiley has his autobiography out called What I Know For Sure (that's the first part of the title, I can't remember the rest).

did you watch the interview?

it was pretty good

What I know for sure is that having children was the most significant force on my life. There is nothing I treasure more.

I know I have chosen my friends wisely.

I know you don't get a second chance to experience something
exactly the same way again.

I know for sure that you get old and die!So don't waste time with drugs and trying to obtain material things to get attention from others.Keep your family close and find true love and when your time comes you can look back and be truly happy.
I also know for sure that the Mets will win it all in 2007!!!!

Re: Re: What I Know For Sure

deep said:

did you watch the interview?

it was pretty good

Some of it, I know for sure I was really tired :wink:

I know for sure that true happiness and contentment really does only come from within, and that it takes work to make it happen. It's not a magic trick, and it won't come from a store or from any other human.

I know for sure that I am stronger than I think. I know for sure that doesn't really make sense..

I know for sure that I have to protect part of myself or I will be broken in ways that I can't stand to be broken, maybe even irretrievably.

I know for sure that my faith has made me strong and helped me survive some really tough things.

I know for sure that humility is the beginning of a better life in all ways, and that it's sorely lacking in this world.

I know for sure that giving is better than receiving, but it is nice to receive too. :wink:

Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns - the ones we don't know we don't know

A_Wanderer said:
Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns - the ones we don't know we don't know

:confused: I'm sure if I tried a little harder, I'd understand that. But it just went well over my head :wink:

I know for sure that whenever I forget my dreams, my hopes, my desires, etc., my friends will always be there to remind me of what they are...and of who I am.

What do I know?

Really? not much.

I tend to agree with Socrates

Chaerephon asked the oracle at Delphi if anyone was wiser than Socrates; the Oracle responded negatively.
Socrates, interpreting this as a riddle, set out to find men who were wiser than he was.
He questioned the men of Athens about their knowledge of good, beauty, and virtue. Finding that they knew nothing and yet believed themselves to know much,
Socrates came to the conclusion that he was wise only in so far as he knew that he knew nothing.

Quoting from a Dennis Prager column will get you flamed in FYM every time.
icon_flamed.gif

Last edited:
I know inside of my son is the most compassionate soul. He of six years old cried today in Boston when he saw a homeless man. He asked me to fix it. It will be a long night of Dreadsox not able to sleep...I guess he and I will work in the food p[antry at the church this week.

Back
Top Bottom