What do you blame...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the other guy. :mad:

Oooh! I just noticed this is/was my 3000th post! :D

Last edited:
No accountability. We are rewarded for bad behavior in every facet of life, from top to bottom.

BonosSaint said:
No accountability. We are rewarded for bad behavior in every facet of life, from top to bottom.
While there may not be accountability there is always concequence.

action and reaction ~ for better or worse.

Law of the universe and it is not a matter of faith or karma; you do something and there are concequences for that action, whether they effect you directly is a matter of debate but they are always there.

Last edited:
Of course, that is accurate. However, when there are no direct consequences or accountability, there really is no motivation for anything other than fulfilling your own self interest. And again,
not only do we not provide consequences for bad behavior, we reward it time and time again. No one changes unless they feel it is in their best interest to do so. Why should they? As long as society condones it, it continues for all the flowery bullshit we provide.

BonosSaint said:
Of course, that is accurate. However, when there are no direct consequences or accountability, there really is no motivation for anything other than fulfilling your own self interest. And again,
not only do we not provide consequences for bad behavior, we reward it time and time again. No one changes unless they feel it is in their best interest to do so. Why should they? As long as society condones it, it continues for all the flowery bullshit we provide.
No I suspect you failed to understand ~ the suffering created by bad behaviour is a concequence of an action, that is a direct concequence. Cause and effect are the root causes of all problems and all sucesses in the world ~ the trick is to try and make it that little bit better.

i place the blame for all the ills of the world throughout history squarely on the Texan shoulders of "president" George W. Bush.

;)

satan, duh.
devil-nahnah.gif

A_Wanderer said:
No I suspect you failed to understand ~ the suffering created by bad behaviour is a concequence of an action, that is a direct concequence. Cause and effect are the root causes of all problems and all sucesses in the world ~ the trick is to try and make it that little bit better.

No, I did not fail to understand. I understand the concept of cause and effect and consequences and that action leads to direct consequence. I simply did not consider your analysis germane to my argument. I am saying that the person who initiates the bad behavior is not necessarily the person who reaps the consequences. And when that person does not reap the consequences personally, he does not give a shit about those consequences. (I am deliberately not including the concept of karma here. I mean the here and now.)

Back
Top Bottom