What do you blame...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
deep said:
I blame our abilities to observe and judge for all that is wrong in the world.
This is an interesting perspective. I think there could be a truth to this point made.

I hope this doesn't sound cheesy at all, but I think the lack of love for others is a major problem. Can you ever have too much love?

I blame the fact that we're a war-like species, and have yet to find a way to get past that. If we could, our world would change drastically for the better. I guess we have to wait for the Vulcans to show up (Star Trek First Contact), that will do it.

najeena said:
I blame the fact that we're a war-like species, and have yet to find a way to get past that. If we could, our world would change drastically for the better. I guess we have to wait for the Vulcans to show up (Star Trek First Contact), that will do it.
WW3 has to happen first.

back to the whole consequences debate..... I do believe that people get back what they deserve. I know that I have done some really bad things over the past few years and I know without a doubt that I am suffering for it now. I also know that it is a just punishment no matter how much it hurts and that I have to accpet it.

My only problem with the whole theory is that it doesn't seem to work in reverse very often. Good deeds are not very often "rewarded" unless those rewards don't come until the next life...

Mainly selfishness. Greed and other big time sins are based ultimately on selfishness. Can't forget about hatred, either. That causes an unbelievable amount of pain.

Last edited:
The London Times newspaper once asked its readers to answer the question of “what is wrong with the world?” Along with letters from leaders in every field of academic discipline one stood out. It was the shortest letter the Times had published. It read: “Dear Editor, I am. Yours, G.K. Chesterton.”

I agree. The line between good and evil is drawn down the middle of each and everyone of our hearts. We can tell ourselves we think we're basically good people but think about it, we all have the potential to hurt others.

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
The London Times newspaper once asked its readers to answer the question of “what is wrong with the world?” Along with letters from leaders in every field of academic discipline one stood out. It was the shortest letter the Times had published. It read: “Dear Editor, I am. Yours, G.K. Chesterton.”

I agree. The line between good and evil is drawn down the middle of each and everyone of our hearts. We can tell ourselves we think we're basically good people but think about it, we all have the potential to hurt others.

Wait so the answer is "Me"? Ah well, I was pretty close with my guess....

Back
Top Bottom