What do you believe is more harmful in a movie (or harmful at all) ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by bonovista:
I do like the sex icon.
wink.gif

Actually Melon's idea sounds pretty logical.

Yes, I liked that one too, BV. lol

Also while I'm here I'll agree with melon's idea also.
smile.gif

------------------
Cut out the poetry
Let's hit the main artery
No time for a tourniquet
Let the colour's all run out of me

Originally posted by Salome:
yes Klod, how do we come up with this stuff?
Oh shush, Salome, we all know that you drew them.

Btw, does anyone else see a lady with a frilly collar holding up her hands instead of the happy feet icon, or have I been looking at too many of those illusion pictures people keep emailing me?

Actually, I'm very happy with the system we have in Britain. Instead of R and NC-17 we have 12, 15 and 18 and anything else is simply banned, though that hasn't happened in ages.

I think sex and violence in the media is far more an issue in America than it is in Europe, though I might be wrong.

Ant.

I dunno, Ant, those films that were banned... things like The Exorcist, A Clockwork Orange and Natural Born Killers... I've seen them all as an adult (okay, so I probably saw The Exorcist as a teenager, but that's beside the point), and I would have been pissed off if anyone told me I couldn't. I agree that children should be protected, but if adults want to see that kind of thing, I don't think it's right to say they aren't allowed.

I don't understand how some countries can have freedom of speech yet want to control what people read and watch.

Originally posted by IvanClaytonJnr:
I suggest , U go and see french film " DOBERMAN" , you'll love It !

HERE'S COMES JOHNNY YYEAR , YAER , YEAR!!

you know, i've been searching all over for this movie. i canNOT find it here. damn pittsburgh.

Originally posted by Klodomir:
I dunno, Ant, those films that were banned... things like The Exorcist, A Clockwork Orange and Natural Born Killers... I've seen them all as an adult (okay, so I probably saw The Exorcist as a teenager, but that's beside the point), and I would have been pissed off if anyone told me I couldn't. I agree that children should be protected, but if adults want to see that kind of thing, I don't think it's right to say they aren't allowed.
I don't understand how some countries can have freedom of speech yet want to control what people read and watch.

Yes, Klodomir, but I didn't condone it at all, all I pointed out what was that it hasn't happened in ages. They don't do it anymore, atleast not in Britain.

Ant.

Actually Klod, I agree with ya. For about the 50 millionth time.

And that icon for sex is awesome. Shame it discriminates for movies with 3-somes.

There's no need to censor or ban movies with sex/violence for minors. Thats what parents are for.

Back
Top Bottom