What Are They Teaching Their Children???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
melon said:

Canada's version of the FCC, ouais?

Melon

close but there are some key differences.

by and large, issues of a technical nature are the responsibility of Industry Canada. these include technical telecom issues and spectrum management (where i work).

essentially CRTC is the 'softer' side of these issues and IC is the 'harder'.

Mrs. Edge said:
Bob Evans

I think we've already forced a lot of crap on the Canadians ( in the way of lousy food establishments, like McD's and Taco Bell and only God knows what else)...this would be just plain wrong.

All I will say is that I have never understood why there is such an unspoken animosity between the U.S. and Canada. Growing up, Canada was as much a "neighbor" for me in Michigan, as Ohio, Indiana, and Wisconsin were, and it really wasn't until I hit college that I realized that the two had "issues" between each other. I guess I was a bit naive...this was the same age that I learned that there were still creationists out there. I thought that they were a historical relic from the 19th century and prior. :lmao:

(BTW, I like Taco Bell. :angry: But there aren't many in Boston, that's for sure.)

Melon

My favorite taco restaurant is Taco Tico, but sadly, that chain isn't exactly spread throughout the country, and the nearest restaurant I could go to is about 4 1/2, 5 hours away. :(. 'Tis a shame, too, 'cause they make the best beef burritos and cheese enchiladas ever, imho.

Originally posted by melon
All I will say is that I have never understood why there is such an unspoken animosity between the U.S. and Canada. Growing up, Canada was as much a "neighbor" for me in Michigan, as Ohio, Indiana, and Wisconsin were, and it really wasn't until I hit college that I realized that the two had "issues" between each other.

Ditto all this (and don't feel bad, I didn't realize this tension between the two countries until just within the last year or so (I'm 19), so...).

Angela

zoney! said:

I think we've already forced a lot of crap on the Canadians ( in the way of lousy food establishments, like McD's and Taco Bell and only God knows what else)...this would be just plain wrong.

Oh but they have reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealy good cinnamon rolls! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom