Westboro Baptist Church

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nbcrusader said:
No mystery. nathan1977 was responding to the question "what about the ancients?" (I'm not sure how it impacts the choice we make as individuals today, but it is still an interesting question).

We don't know the response to Jesus' offer then, just that it was made. We know now what happens when the offer is rejected today.

I understand the context, but once you are living in the afterlife there is no mystery of an afterlife. And if you're living in the bad one and someone offers you the good one, I'm sure the place would clear.

On Earth there is a question of afterlife, which religion, etc. so it's easy not to believe.

Well some denominations "know that it was made", many don't take it literal.

:barf: God he's a wacko

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/eat-the-press/2006/09/07/fred-phelps-rains-fire-an_e_28924.html

"From the Comedy Central Insider blog: Wacko Westboro Baptist Church Pastor Fred Phelps, also known as the charming man who leads nutbar protesters at military funerals with "God Hates Fags" signs, is miffed that Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert stole his "Godless Sodomites" line at the Emmys: Apparently, you're not a godless Sodomite until he says you are, and also everybody else. Says Phelps: "America has become a nation of Godless sodomites, who mock and scoff about their Sodomite sins, thereby demonstrating that America is a nation of fag-enabling fools, because only fools make a mock at sin. Prov. 14:9" Who can argue with logic like that?"

Back
Top Bottom