Westboro Baptist Church - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-09-2006, 11:00 AM   #46
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 05:27 AM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Westboro Baptist Church

Quote:
Originally posted by deep
so Pat Robertson is right?

if you believe scripture



or Pat Robertson is wrong and
just uses disasters to further his personal agenda


is it possible that disasters that happened during Biblical times
may have been used to further some other agenda?
There is a flaw in both your logic and theology.

Fortunately, no one has suggested that Robertson is the sole speaker for God.

It is interesting that God's plan can be marginalized as another agenda.
__________________

__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 06-09-2006, 11:06 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep
So ouizy better accept Jesus or he won't get that pass too?
Dig a little further into Scripture for your answer.
__________________

__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 06-09-2006, 12:10 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
coemgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Black and White Town
Posts: 3,962
Local Time: 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep



So ouizy better accept Jesus or he won't get that pass too?
Yes, this is the case. However, I didn't say it. Jesus did.
__________________
coemgen is offline  
Old 06-09-2006, 12:15 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
coemgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Black and White Town
Posts: 3,962
Local Time: 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ouizy
That will not happen.


However, I am on the search for that pass albeit using an alternate route.



Be careful here, ouizy. It's easy to want to follow a path that best fits us, but that doesn't mean the destination is right.

Truthfully, there isn't an alternate route. That sounds harsh, but think about it. If God sent his son to die for us so that we may have eternal life with him by accepting his son as our Lord, would he really allow an alternate route? To me, that doesn't make sense. It certainly wouldn't hold up to God being a God of justice.

Just give that some thought, and consider that Christ said "I am the way, the truth and the life. Nobody gets to the Father, but by me."

Very exclusive, I know, but truth shouldn't be in fashion.
__________________
coemgen is offline  
Old 06-09-2006, 12:19 PM   #50
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,498
Local Time: 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by coemgen
Truthfully, there isn't an alternate route. That sounds harsh, but think about it. If God sent his son to die for us so that we may have eternal life with him by accepting his son as our Lord, would he really allow an alternate route? To me, that doesn't make sense. It certainly wouldn't hold up to God being a God of justice.

Just give that some thought, and consider that Christ said "I am the way, the truth and the life. Nobody gets to the Father, but by me."

Very exclusive, I know, but truth shouldn't be in fashion.

so 1.3 billion Chinese and 1.0 billion Indians aren't going anywhere when they die?
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 06-09-2006, 12:30 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 05:27 AM
Nationality has nothing to do with this.
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 06-09-2006, 12:52 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
WildHoneyAlways's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: In a glass case of emotion
Posts: 8,158
Local Time: 07:27 AM
Okay, what about the Hindus living in India?
__________________
WildHoneyAlways is offline  
Old 06-09-2006, 01:02 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
coemgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Black and White Town
Posts: 3,962
Local Time: 08:27 AM
It's not up to me to say where people go after they die.
I can tell you what Christ said though.

I run into these questions a lot. It's not easy. Again, God's fair in his judgement. Of course I want those who haven't heard of Christ's love and sacrifice to learn of him and know him — that's a commandment actually. I'm also praying for those who have heard, and have rejected God.
__________________
coemgen is offline  
Old 06-09-2006, 01:04 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,295
Local Time: 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by coemgen


Just give that some thought, and consider that Christ said "I am the way, the truth and the life. Nobody gets to the Father, but by me."

Very exclusive, I know, but truth shouldn't be in fashion.
I have considered it.

There is no proof he ever said it, or said it as you quoted it or even meant it as people interpret it. None.

What was said 2000 years ago, what was recorded, and how it was recorded is an open ended question for many of us.

Some of you accept the Bible as the final authority and accept Scripture as it is. Some of us do not and that is a large gap, and there is no way to say who here is correct.

Which is why I think, live a good life, let God sort it out when we depart. Bottom line for me.
__________________
anitram is offline  
Old 06-09-2006, 01:09 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways
Okay, what about the Hindus living in India?
I think God has given all of us the same answer.
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 06-09-2006, 01:37 PM   #56
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,498
Local Time: 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Which is why I think, live a good life, let God sort it out when we depart. Bottom line for me.

yup.

if said God is going to keep certain people "out" -- as if it's a treehouse with a "no girls allowed" sign -- then i'm not so certain i want "in."
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 06-09-2006, 01:47 PM   #57
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
yup.

if said God is going to keep certain people "out" -- as if it's a treehouse with a "no girls allowed" sign -- then i'm not so certain i want "in."
You miss the point. There is no "keep out" sign. The invitation is there for everyone.

Just accept the invitation.
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 06-09-2006, 01:55 PM   #58
Acrobat
 
enggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Superstar Trailer Park
Posts: 435
Local Time: 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader


You miss the point. There is no "keep out" sign. The invitation is there for everyone.

Just accept the invitation.
The problem is that accepting the invitation means ignoring/giving up/rejecting too many other things. It says "This is the ONLY way" and "You're way is WRONG." And that's why so many of us send back a "No, thanks" on the RSVP. I accept that you and many others believe in Christ...but I ask that Christians accept that I do not--and don't try to change me.

When's the last time an athiest came knocking on anyone's door, trying to "convert" them?
__________________
enggirl is offline  
Old 06-09-2006, 01:59 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
WildHoneyAlways's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: In a glass case of emotion
Posts: 8,158
Local Time: 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader


I think God has given all of us the same answer.
I don't mean to be dense but what answer is that?

What about people who practice Hinduism? They haven't "accepted the invitation" because they've R.S. V. P. ed with someone else, if you will.
__________________
WildHoneyAlways is offline  
Old 06-09-2006, 02:00 PM   #60
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by enggirl
The problem is that accepting the invitation means ignoring/giving up/rejecting too many other things. It says "This is the ONLY way" and "You're way is WRONG." And that's why so many of us send back a "No, thanks" on the RSVP. I accept that you and many others believe in Christ...but I ask that Christians accept that I do not--and don't try to change me.
When someone has something good to share, I think it is natural that they would want to share them. I can only make an offer - the rest is up to you and God.



Quote:
Originally posted by enggirl
When's the last time an athiest came knocking on anyone's door, trying to "convert" them?
They usually use law suits
__________________

__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com