West Virginia Torture Horror

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoVoxSupastar said:

So a shit life of drugs, witnessing a murder before his life, and mental illness makes someone "satanic"?

Maybe the Pentagram on his hand and his outward adulation of Satan in court by saying "HAIL SATAN" might, just might change your thinking.

dbs

diamond said:

pay attention

there are no satanic people

there are only people

and people that do evil deeds
should be held 100 % accountable those deeds

Richard Rameriez was a person that did evil deeds that should be held 100% accountable for those deeds

diamond said:

Maybe the Pentagram on his hand and his outward adulation of Satan in court by saying "HAIL SATAN" might, just might change your thinking.

dbs

There are many who say Hail Mary's and have crosses tattooed on their bodies, doesn't always make them godly people, now does it? Especially if they are living a clouded life and can't make clear decisions.

index.html_txtphoto008_bigT.jpg

this man was not the second coming of Jesus Christ

and Jesus Christ should not be drug into a conversation about what evil deeds David Koresh did

David Koresh was a person that should have been held 100 % accountable for his evil deeds

deep said:

pay attention

there are no satanic people

Richard Rameriez was a person that did evil deeds that should be held 100% accountable for those deeds

And a self professed Satan Worshipper

You pay attention.

dbs

BonoVoxSupastar said:

There are many who say Hail Mary's and have crosses tattooed on their bodies, doesn't always make them godly people, now does it? Especially if they are living a clouded life and can't make clear decisions.

Are they self professed Satan Worshippers?

dbs

diamond said:

Are they self professed Satan Worshippers?

dbs

What kind of logic is that?:huh:

Just listen to yourself. You are constantly telling people in here they are true Christians, but now as long as you say it, you are a true satanist?

Does your double standard ever stop?

yolland said:

:shrug: To me it sounds like a case of a bunch of sick hillbilly fuckups (who are also racists, convicted criminals--108 convictions total between the 6 of them--and in at least a couple cases, alcoholic and/or seriously mentally ill as well) getting off on tormenting a mentally handicapped black woman. Quite possibly several of them come from a long line of fuckups who've been falling through the cracks of society for generations. Sordid yes, satanic no, unless there's evidence they belonged to an actual satanic cult. My guess is Frankie and Bobby Ray Brewster are outright mentally ill, but as for the rest, you'll find people like that in lots of small, impoverished country towns that have pervasive substance abuse and broken family problems. Unfortunately there are many places that answer to that description--no insult intended to all the people with their acts together and their hearts in the right place, be they rednecks, hillbillies, "good Christian folk" or whatever the label, who also live there.

I think you nailed it. Unhappily for me I got to live next to a just delightful extended family group of "sick hillbilly fuckups" when I was in my late teens and early 20's. While they weren't quite this bad, they weren't in any way, shape or form, nice people. I was sooooo happy when we moved. A few months after we moved out, the house -- which my dad still owned and was fixing up -- was burglarized and torched. A truck belonging to the one of the "sick hillbilly fuckups" was spotted piled high with the burgled belongings. No one was ever arrested though (various members of that family were for other stuff over the years though).

deep said:
and if I claim you

and go out and do bad deeds

are you responsible for my actions?

what if i should out someone's name while i'm in the midst of "sinful acts"?

be it (oh!) Jesus or (oh!) God or ... (oh!) Diamond!

thank you

yolland said:

:shrug: To me it sounds like a case of a bunch of sick hillbilly fuckups (who are also racists, convicted criminals--108 convictions total between the 6 of them--and in at least a couple cases, alcoholic and/or seriously mentally ill as well) getting off on tormenting a mentally handicapped black woman. Quite possibly several of them come from a long line of fuckups who've been falling through the cracks of society for generations. Sordid yes, satanic no, unless there's evidence they belonged to an actual satanic cult. My guess is Frankie and Bobby Ray Brewster are outright mentally ill, but as for the rest, you'll find people like that in lots of small, impoverished country towns that have pervasive substance abuse and broken family problems. Unfortunately there are many places that answer to that description--no insult intended to all the people with their acts together and their hearts in the right place, be they rednecks, hillbillies, "good Christian folk" or whatever the label, who also live there.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

What kind of logic is that?:huh:

Just listen to yourself. You are constantly telling people in here they are true Christians, but now as long as you say it, you are a true satanist?

Does your double standard ever stop?

I want to know how long diamond has been studying criminal psychology. Or is it religious psychology he is talking about? I can't exactly follow.

Charleston Gazette, September 13

Federal hate crime charges will not be filed against the six people who are accused of kidnapping, sexually assaulting and torturing Megan Williams, but more state charges are expected, law enforcement officials say. The picture slowly being revealed is one of a woman abused not necessarily because of her race, but because of her relationship with one of her alleged attackers — 24-year-old Bobby Brewster. Megan Williams, 20, was in Logan County of her own free will, Logan County Prosecuting Attorney Brian Abraham said Wednesday.

Williams was in Ohio when she decided to come to Logan County to meet a man she met through a phone dating service, according to multiple law enforcement sources, all of whom did not wish to be named. Once in Logan County, Williams met Bobby Brewster, who apparently was not the man she met through the phone dating service, according to the law enforcement sources.

On July 18, Bobby Ray Brewster was charged with domestic battery and domestic assault for allegedly striking and verbally threatening Williams at the mobile home where she was eventually tortured, according to a criminal complaint filed in Logan Magistrate Court by State Police Troopers B.K. Wellman and J.E. Williams. “We believe she came to Logan County ... of her own volition and had been frequenting Logan County prior to the domestic battery charge,” Abraham said. He would not confirm or deny that Brewster and Williams had a relationship.

When the troopers arrived at the house to respond to a domestic violence call, Brewster said he had not seen Williams for a few days, the complaint says. But the troopers found Williams behind the trailer. “[Williams] stated that she was hiding from the accused and his mother and that the assault and battery had just taken place prior to [our] arrival,” the troopers wrote in the July complaint.

On Tuesday, Krysti Sumpter, the Brewsters’ neighbor, told the Gazette that Williams asked her for help after she said she was threatened with a gun at the trailer. Sumpter said she took her to the State Police detachment in Logan, but believes she saw Williams back at the mobile home a few days later. “She was obviously back there because there because that is where she was discovered,” Abraham said Wednesday. “At this time we have no information that she was abducted or taken there against her will. It is my understanding that at least originally she was here of her own free will and that changed based upon the facts in the complaint,” he said.
Media reports that Williams met someone on the Internet who brought her to Logan County are incorrect, Abraham said. No federal civil rights charges have been filed because there is no specific federal statute for such a crime, said Charles Miller, U.S. attorney for the Southern District of West Virginia. “The best case is that the state goes forward with its prosecutions,” Miller said. “I don’t want to say unequivocally that the federal government will not step in if evidence comes to light. But at this particular time we have decided to let the state go forward with their charges.”

The kidnapping charges could result in a sentence of life in prison, Miller said. “There is no federal statute that says if you hurt someone solely because of race that it is a violation of federal law,” he said. Crimes committed to prevent people from going to a certain church, or from living in a certain area because of their race or religion would be civil rights violations, he said. But the allegations thus far in the Williams case do not reach into the area of civil rights. “The allegations in the criminal complaints are horrific and all have serious penalties,” Miller said. “We have said to the county prosecutor that our job is to assist in any way we can.”

Bishop Richard Cox of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference said the crimes could still be racially motivated, even if there was a relationship between Williams and Bobby Brewster. “We still want something done about it because it still is racially motivated not only by what they did to her but what they said to her while they did it. They called her a ****** and brutally stabbed her in the leg,” said Cox, assistant to national SCLC Board Chairman Rev. Raleigh Trammell.
More charges are expected against the defendants, Abraham said. The sheriff’s department and Abraham’s office are going over the crimes to determine more specifically what needs to be done, he said. The FBI will continue to assist in the case, said Special Agent Bill Crowley of the Pittsburgh division.

Police continue to look for two more people in the case, said Logan County Chief Deputy V.K. Dingess. “We have some names. We don’t have a location on them,” he said. The two people are believed to have brought Williams to the Brewster mobile home, he said. “Additional suspects may be charged with peripheral crimes,” Abraham said. “We believe we have the six primary actors in custody.”
Logan County Banner, Septemver 12

On March 6, 2007, the Logan County Sheriff's Department was called to the Brewster residence when a distraught Bobby Ray Brewster attacked his mother Frankie Brewster with a machete. At that time, he was arrested on charges of brandishing a deadly weapon, domestic assault and obstructing by deputies Jason Mathis, B. Ferrell and B. L. Cobb of the Logan County Sheriff's Department.

The deputies continued to order Brewster to come out of the building during a 15 minute stand off before he finally came out. "He was flailing that machete around when we arrived," Deputy Jason Mathis told the Logan Banner on March 7, adding that Brewster was ordered to surrender and he eventually placed the machete on the ground and fled into an outbuilding for several minutes refusing to come out. Mathis said he and other deputies were concerned at that point that Brewster might come out with another weapon such as a firearm or compound bow and possibly attack them.

Bobby Brewster was also reportedly involved in an incident earlier this year when a young man was stabbed.
Washington Post, September 13

Williams's distraught family members, by her bedside this week, say they have no idea how she became involved with the suspects, though they believe she was targeted because of her race.

"Her biggest problem: She got too much trust in people. We've been trying and trying, but we can't get that out of her," said her father, Matthew Williams. "You walk down the street, and she'll come up to you like she's known you all her life."
That last paragraph just tears my heart out.

Last edited:
yolland said:

That last paragraph just tears my heart out.

Me too. These people sound like they really need to be locked up.

As to the whole Satanic thing, I do believe that such activities do take place but I don't think that this was such an incident. There is nothing ritualistic about their sadism from what I've read. It seemed to have a random quality about it, if anything. Plus, if there was a Satanic element it would have probably come up in the media by now.

I don't think satanism is the right call. There are plenty of 'good christians' doing the most awfullest of things, but still pray at night and go to confession etc.
Plus there are people who don't believe in sweat f a when it comes to religion, that also do the worst things. It comes down to the person, their personality, and any mental illnesses if there are any apparent.

this is so horrendous, i am truly shocked.

Absolutely vile. And not a hate crime, well...that's interesting, though not surprising. Looking at some of these articles apparently these animals have been breaking laws left & right and skating by...they'll probably skate by again. Inhuman filth...

I wonder how certain people can read a story like this and see it as just another chance to start a pissing contest in here :down:

deep said:
and people that do evil deeds should be held 100 % accountable those deeds
These people did this out of sheer evil. They are 100% accountable for their crimes, and judging by their past deeds, they aren't too likely to repent or improve themselves. They need to be put away, whether for life or death, I don't care, just get them where they can't hurt anyone else. :mad:

CHARLESTON, West Virginia (AP) -- Representatives of several black churches appealed to prosecutors Thursday to pursue hate-crime or civil-rights charges against six white people accused of torturing a black woman over several days.

Logan County prosecutors say they have not ruled out hate-crime charges but are focusing on the counts already filed, including kidnapping and sexual assault, which have tougher maximum sentences. Federal prosecutors, meanwhile, have not sought civil-rights charges.

"The family is aghast and totally devastated by the findings of the Logan prosecutor that this barbaric, heinous, despicable [crime] is not one of racial hatred," said the Rev. Emanuel Heyliger of the Ferguson Memorial Baptist Church in Dunbar.

Logan County Prosecutor Brian Abraham urged patience.

"We're still working the case, even today," he said. "I'll make that determination when the investigation is concluded, but I want to focus on the most serious crimes that carry the stiffest penalties."

Authorities also said the fact that Megan Williams knew one of her alleged attackers played a role in their decision not to pursue hate-crime or civil-rights charges at this time. Heyliger, speaking outside the Charleston hospital where Williams is being treated, rejected that explanation.

"Whether she was known by or known to any one of these perpetrators, that is no reason why this case should not be treated as it should, and that is as a hate crime," said Heyliger, who was joined by representatives of another Dunbar church and an association of black churches in Charleston.

Yeah the no hate crime charge part is just a complete joke..."This is what we do to niggers around here"? If that doesn't scream out hate crime then what does? I can't wait to see what joke of a punishment arises from this...because you just know it will be a joke.

This story is disgusting, and I do hope all those who are guilty suffer the full penalty of the law and never hit the streets again.

However, I do find it ironic, even though the suffering of the victim was not nearly as bad, that when you have six black people beating up on a white person and it gets called a hate crime, everyone all over the country protests and gets the charges dropped (Jena 6) Even though that white guy was probably an asshole, it doesn't excuse six people attacking, beating and kicking one guy like that. Regardless of provocation you can't allow people to get away with that or we'd all be kicking each other's asses every time we get mad.

Generally I don't like the idea of 'hate crime' because it devalues the life of someone hurt in a 'non' hate crime. So if a black guy shoots another black guy or a white woman kills another white woman that's not a 'hate' crime? Sure didn't 'love' the person much did they? So these people get less time in jail because they attacked someone who was of the same color and gender? All crimes should be punished equally depending on the crime itself, not what demographic the victim was.

Butterscotch said:
This story is disgusting, and I do hope all those who are guilty suffer the full penalty of the law and never hit the streets again.

However, I do find it ironic, even though the suffering of the victim was not nearly as bad, that when you have six black people beating up on a white person and it gets called a hate crime, everyone all over the country protests and gets the charges dropped (Jena 6) ....

Generally I don't like the idea of 'hate crime' because it devalues the life of someone hurt in a 'non' hate crime. So if a black guy shoots another black guy or a white woman kills another white woman that's not a 'hate' crime?

That's a question I've been waiting for someone to ask on this thread.

Butterscotch said:

However, I do find it ironic, even though the suffering of the victim was not nearly as bad, that when you have six black people beating up on a white person and it gets called a hate crime, everyone all over the country protests and gets the charges dropped (Jena 6) Even though that white guy was probably an asshole, it doesn't excuse six people attacking, beating and kicking one guy like that. Regardless of provocation you can't allow people to get away with that or we'd all be kicking each other's asses every time we get mad.

Generally I don't like the idea of 'hate crime' because it devalues the life of someone hurt in a 'non' hate crime. So if a black guy shoots another black guy or a white woman kills another white woman that's not a 'hate' crime? Sure didn't 'love' the person much did they? So these people get less time in jail because they attacked someone who was of the same color and gender? All crimes should be punished equally depending on the crime itself, not what demographic the victim was.

Well could intent be defined in this case you speak of?

Butterscotch said:

hate crimes don't always have to result in death. hate crimes are ones that are motivated by hatred of race, sex, ethnicity, etc. etc. etc. for example, when somebody vandalizes a home of somebody using explicit deragotory racist terms, it is more than just a vandalization. it shows a threat to the community.

spray-painting the n-word on someone's door is much more offensive than spray-painting "wanker".

and now i really do wish i had kept my original unedited posts. :sigh:

but hate crime is all subjective? That to some people the 'n' word is very offensive and to others its not so much? IF said with virtroil and viciouness that word becomes hate intesified, but if said with a laugh with friends its not?

i think hate crime is a wibbly wobbly road, and perhaps we should just stick to what hapened in the case. Surely thats enough to send them to jail for a looooong time?

Ugh, these people make me sick. It's like something out of a James Patterson novel....but WORSE!!

As for hate crimes, I'm not really big on that either. What intent doesn't involve some amount of "hate"? Why is hate of race, sexual orientation, or religion worse than hate based on anything else? Why should someone who can't speak who beats up a kid b/c he's gay get less time than someone who can speak and while he's beating up a gay kid says "I hate fags?" (I made that up, just trying to show my point). If you kidnap, assault, and torture someone, you should do the time for kidnap, assault, and torture. There shouldn't be more or less time b/c you may or may not have used a racial slur during the assault. I think it's too subjective for the judicial system to be examining the intent behind the intent.

Back
Top Bottom