Well thanks to rumors of a gas shortage in Atlanta the lines are insane - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2005, 09:05 PM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:32 PM
I was thinking of getting a new car...but my poor ratty little car gets 40 MPG. Even though it's rusting out, losing paint, has a cracked windshield, and bits are falling off it, it's looking more beautiful every day. I think I better treat my ratty little car with more respect.

Old 09-04-2005, 12:41 AM   #32
Val
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
Exactly and if I had an alternative way to get to my university campus from my house,
just curious...which Univ do you go to? My daughter goes to Emory U and told me that the gas lines were crazy last week.

Old 09-04-2005, 04:25 AM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
I only counted 3 stations out of countless stations that I passed that had gas.
The Venzuelan President has offered America cheap gas. Why doesn´t your President take it?
Old 09-04-2005, 05:23 AM   #34
War Child

Local Time: 01:32 PM
It wouldn't be good form to accept cheap gas from a country we're planning to invade?
Old 09-04-2005, 06:08 AM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars

The Venzuelan President has offered America cheap gas. Why doesn´t your President take it?
Why don't you ask him that?
Old 09-04-2005, 06:27 AM   #36
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 02:32 PM
Well, considering that a refinery that Venezuela's Oil company PDVSA happens to co-own in the U.S. is in Chalmette LA (southeast of NO) could have something to do with his interest. This refinery's operations have been totally disrupted. This operation refines a large % the oil that Venezuela exports to the U.S....this storm has affected Venezuela also.

Oh, and did Chavez offer gasoline (or Oil))? I wonder where he get gasoline that would work in the cars in the U.S.? The gasoline in Venezuela is not refined to the specifications used here so I'm not clear on this.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:35 AM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:32 PM
We're having gas rationing in Birmingham. I am lucky I filled my tank the other night before the rationing started. Not all of the stations are rationing but I noticed the local Chevron was. This is strange. This storm is going to impact our lifestyles permanently. It wasn't just another storm, it was a disaster that impacted us for all time.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:34 AM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by VertigoGal

Why don't you ask him that?
Because I have fear that if I call the White House and make such a "negative" remark (in their eyes), it will be recorded by Homeland Security and they will not let me enter the U.S. again. Maybe this is exaggerated, but who am I know where those recorded calls go and what is done with them? Big no-no to critical calls. I will only call the White House when I got something positive to say.

Thanks but no thanks, I had enough problems with the TSA last time.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:38 AM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by ramblin rose
Well, considering that a refinery that Venezuela's Oil company PDVSA happens to co-own in the U.S. is in Chalmette LA (southeast of NO) could have something to do with his interest. This refinery's operations have been totally disrupted. This operation refines a large % the oil that Venezuela exports to the U.S....this storm has affected Venezuela also.

Oh, and did Chavez offer gasoline (or Oil))? I wonder where he get gasoline that would work in the cars in the U.S.? The gasoline in Venezuela is not refined to the specifications used here so I'm not clear on this.
Agreed as to refining etc., however I think cheap oil also helps when 20 oil platforms are apperently lost in the deep blue sea.
Old 09-04-2005, 02:45 PM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars

Was he offering cheap gas, or seeking a request from GWB? If the former, he can just send it. If the later, we can skip the political posturing.