Well Mexico is Pissed with The US - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2006, 02:59 PM   #91
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy

And then gringos wonder why there is such resentment against them.
are you calling all americans Gringo??? Cause I can asure you we have other nationalities here and not just Hondurians.

Old 03-29-2006, 03:02 PM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:43 AM
Educate me, Justin24.

Old 03-29-2006, 03:04 PM   #93
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Try some empathy every now and then if you're going to have a say at this issue. Really try to imagine yourself in that situation.

Don't be selfish.

And that's the last I'm posting before I get a ban.

I'm out.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:12 PM   #94
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

you have a right to call me stupid, it's your right. I am trying to show some empathy, but it is difficult.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:14 PM   #95
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

First off I have no problem with any race. We have laws, just like every country. The people crossing over are breaking that law that is in place. Now the United States has pretty much every race here not just gringos as you stated (oh and gringo means white or whittey to define US citizens)

Why do people come to this country........ to better their lives, which they can do through proper prociduer. Now I am all for people bettering their lives. But why not better their home country also. Look in Kosovo those people removed Milosovich, Romania back in the 90's killed there president who was killing them and starving them. Obviously if people are coming here their country is doing something wrong. Fix it. If you can build homes, create beautiful gardens etc... then show some pride and work out your problems in your country.

Look at China they had a awful economy and now they are on there way up to match the US as a power in the world.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:15 PM   #96
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin24
My mom is from Guatemala and my Dad's mom was from Guatemala. I am so sick of these illegal immigrants. Coming over here breaking the law by running accross the border. Spending my money.
Ohh I have to feed my kids, I came here for a better life, cause I am to STUPID to figure out how to better my country, so I think I will go to someone elses country and turn it into little Mexico or some other third world country.
You are offensive. And you should really watch who you call stupid especially since we've all read your very well-informed and well-articulated posts.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:20 PM   #97
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
You are offensive. And you should really watch who you call stupid especially since we've all read your very well-informed and well-articulated posts.
So what if China decided to start entering illegally into mexico and staying and started over running the land? Would mexico show compassion and start passing laws in their land to accomidate them. Will all the mexican now have to learn chinese?

Oh and in debates people always get offened over something, thats life.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:22 PM   #98
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Justin, you are truly, truly, truly uneducated about this subject, if I were you I do some research before you post again. Or you're just going to piss more people off.

You are just saying the same things over and over, that don't make sense, concocting absurd theories, and rewriting history...
Old 03-29-2006, 03:23 PM   #99
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:43 AM
Stereotypes such as the one you posted (that joyfulgirl pointed out) are offensive Justin and bring nothing to debates.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:24 PM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
You are just saying the same things over and over, that don't make sense, concocting absurd theories, and rewriting history...
Can I please have some examples of rewriting history and absurd theories. Do you have a large population of illegal immigrants where you live?

Do any of you have to deal with illegal immigrant populations in the millions (especially here in CA)?
Old 03-29-2006, 03:30 PM   #101
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Can I please have some examples of rewriting history and absurd theories. Do you have a large population of illegal immigrants where you live?
Your prisoner theory.

And the idea that at one point we farmed without taking advantage of free or cheap labor...

Should I go on?

Quote:

Do any of you have to deal with illegal immigrant populations in the millions (especially here in CA)?
I grew up in TX. Housing, hotels, landscaping, roadwork, etc would be a lot more expensive if it weren't for illegal immigrants. The economy benefits.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:34 PM   #102
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Your prisoner theory.

And the idea that at one point we farmed without taking advantage of free or cheap labor...

Should I go on?

I grew up in TX. Housing, hotels, landscaping, roadwork, etc would be a lot more expensive if it weren't for illegal immigrants. The economy benefits.
First off I know we had "cheap labor" back then, it was called "slavery" and it is a black stain on this country.

Why not use drug users or burgalers to farm for us? So does this new form of cheap labor that comes from the south mean they are a new form of slave labor, no rights, very low pay, and no benefits. So your in support of that? If they came here legally then they would have all the same benefits as us.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:40 PM   #103
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:43 AM
Quote:

See, I don't know if that's true.

Illegal immigrants might take more than they give.

I've been researching this for a day or so w/ no luck.

I've seen 1 number, saying Illegal Immigrants in CA cost $10 billion a year.

I'm still looking for the estimate labor savings.

I don't think you can just assume it all equals out.

But regardless, everyone pays taxes to support illegal immigrants.
A select few get to take advantage of the lower rates at Motel 6.
Assuming the savings are passed on to the consumer, and not just used to enhance the bottom line.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:46 PM   #104
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Grrrr this makes me mad!!! http://www.mexica-movement.org/granmarcha.htm
http://www.mexica-movement.org/ENTERHERETEXTONLY.htm

first off Mexico did not exist until the removal of the spanish. Then they had to deal with the French. Now there were already indigenous tribes in north america. Hopi, Apache, Navajo and other tribes. The Olmec were a vast empire. The Aztecs a nomadic tribe became alligned with the Olmecs for a brief period of time, when the princess from the Olmce civiliztion was found dead and the Aztec warriors destroyed that society.

Now why would these groups (links above) claim that CA, AZ, CO, NM is theirs, when it's not.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:47 PM   #105
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

First off I know we had "cheap labor" back then, it was called "slavery" and it is a black stain on this country.
Then don't ignore it in your posts and call people lazy.
Quote:

Why not use drug users or burgalers to farm for us?
You want convicted criminals running around in your backyard, access to your tractors and having free access to the highways? Seriously, think out your theories. The cost of implementing such a program would outweigh all costs you think immigrants cost you now.
Quote:

So does this new form of cheap labor that comes from the south mean they are a new form of slave labor, no rights, very low pay, and no benefits. So your in support of that? If they came here legally then they would have all the same benefits as us.
It allows people who couldn't otherwise provide for their own families a means to give them a better life. And it benefits US economies because they are willing to do the jobs that no one else will.