Well Mexico is Pissed with The US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious....but how many of us have ancestors that came her illegally....meaning...

through Ellis Island or another point of entry....

and cheated, bribed, or lied their way through the screening process?

Let's pretend we are all here legally...hehe

Israel built a wall to stop suicide bombings and controll who comes into israel. Well if there wall can work, I am sure we can build a wall and man it as good as them.

Justin24 said:
Israel built a wall to stop suicide bombings and controll who comes into israel. Well if there wall can work, I am sure we can build a wall and man it as good as them.

:crazy: I'm leaving.

I think I just lost IQ points reading this thread.

Dreadsox said:
Just curious....but how many of us have ancestors that came her illegally....meaning...

through Ellis Island or another point of entry....

and cheated, bribed, or lied their way through the screening process?

Let's pretend we are all here legally...hehe

Like those Mayflower hooligans? :wink:

nbcrusader said:

Like those Mayflower hooligans? :wink:

I was standing by the stream that the Pilgrims and Massasoit met at just yesterday morning. I decided to take a walk before school began because it felt like spring.

I also walked by the monument left for King Phillip, whose head was on a stake at the end of King Phillip's war.

So much changed between the time the original Pilgrims and Wampanoags worked together peacfully.....

and

the next generation.

The Mayflower did look pretty this morning in the harbor.

And then there is the jetty where I smooched my wife on our first date...wooo hooo....man did she erect an historic monument.

I have no ignorance of history and are theories by scientists ridiculous

Dreadsox said:
And then there is the jetty where I smooched my wife on our first date...wooo hooo....man did she erect an historic monument.

heh-heh.

(in DC, we make variations of that joke all the time since the Washington Monument is always in view, it seems).

washingtonmonument_b.jpg

Let's see......

There could never be tunnels built under the walls now could there?

Nah.....

Oh wait...there already are tunnels....

So the wall over the tunnels does what?

You also have the wall go under ground. and like I said cover the metal wall with cement.

Justin24 said:
I have no ignorance of history and are theories by scientists ridiculous

Justin, at least two people have called you out on your complete lack of historical knowledge.

And no, scientists base their theories on scientific process and knowledge.

What do you know about Mexico's past? Do you know everything. Are you a walking encyclopedia.

I know you are but what am I?

I think this may be the proper response....

So help me understand...

How is the Berlin Wall a parallel to this situation?

OK Kids! I'm going to separate you and send you to your rooms! (see above)

Let's get back to Mexico/US relations:

"You cannot enforce the border without having a temporary guest worker program. The two go hand-in-hand. There are people doing jobs Americans will not do. Many people who have come into our country are helping our economy grow. That's just a fact of life..... And if that person wants to become a citizen of the United States, because we're a nation of law, they get at the end of the line, not the beginning of the line.

I also believe -- and the Senate is working through different measures to say to the person getting in the line, there's a consequence for being here illegally. Now, if Congress believes that the line is too long, or that we should facilitate people's capacity to then get a green card and become a citizen, increase the number of green cards. But people who have been here legally should not be penalized by someone who's been here illegally.

And so I'd like to tell the American people we are a nation of law, but that doesn't preclude us from being a welcoming nation. I think a system which forces people underground and into the shadows of our society, which causes people to have to sneak across our border and risk their life, is a system that needs to be changed."

Full Press Conference transcript:
President Discusses Democracy in Iraq with Freedom House
Link-
www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/03/20060329-6.html

Last edited:
Ok earlier BVS said that if we built a wall it would be considered Racist. Then I gave examples on the great wall and berlin. Were they considered racist. Then I also brang up about how a wall could work. Look at the Israelies. They build one and suicide bombing have dropped, with the help of diplomacy.

Justin24 said:
Ok earlier BVS said that if we built a wall it would be considered Racist. Then I gave examples on the great wall and berlin. Were they considered racist. Then I also brang up about how a wall could work. Look at the Israelies. They build one and suicide bombing have dropped, with the help of diplomacy.

Stay with me, I know Berlin had a wall. What was its purpose?

two divide West and east germany, stop the drain of labour and stop people from emigrating.

Justin24 said:
two divide West and east germany, stop the drain of labour and stop people from emigrating.

How big was the wall? To divide Germany in half it had to be big and long?

Please note the Berlin Wall Surrounded Berlin, not divide Germany.

Justin24 said:

yes and families were split, people couldn't return to their homes, jobs, it created tension among the most powerful countries, and around 200 people were killed trying to cross, how many do you think would get killed? or you simply don't care as long as "illegal aliens" stop entering your country, your ignorance is what gives north-americans a bad reputation across the world you live in your own little world completely obvlivious to the rest of the world

A few years. And I am not saying kill illegal aliens. So what even though we dont have a wall, families are still divided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom