Well Mexico is Pissed with The US

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BrownEyedBoy said:

And then gringos wonder why there is such resentment against them. :rolleyes:

are you calling all americans Gringo??? Cause I can asure you we have other nationalities here and not just Hondurians.

Try some empathy every now and then if you're going to have a say at this issue. Really try to imagine yourself in that situation.

Don't be selfish.

And that's the last I'm posting before I get a ban.

I'm out.

you have a right to call me stupid, it's your right. I am trying to show some empathy, but it is difficult.

First off I have no problem with any race. We have laws, just like every country. The people crossing over are breaking that law that is in place. Now the United States has pretty much every race here not just gringos as you stated (oh and gringo means white or whittey to define US citizens)

Why do people come to this country........ to better their lives, which they can do through proper prociduer. Now I am all for people bettering their lives. But why not better their home country also. Look in Kosovo those people removed Milosovich, Romania back in the 90's killed there president who was killing them and starving them. Obviously if people are coming here their country is doing something wrong. Fix it. If you can build homes, create beautiful gardens etc... then show some pride and work out your problems in your country.

Look at China they had a awful economy and now they are on there way up to match the US as a power in the world.

Justin24 said:
My mom is from Guatemala and my Dad's mom was from Guatemala. I am so sick of these illegal immigrants. Coming over here breaking the law by running accross the border. Spending my money.
Ohh I have to feed my kids, I came here for a better life, cause I am to STUPID to figure out how to better my country, so I think I will go to someone elses country and turn it into little Mexico or some other third world country.:mad:

You are offensive. And you should really watch who you call stupid especially since we've all read your very well-informed and well-articulated posts.

joyfulgirl said:
You are offensive. And you should really watch who you call stupid especially since we've all read your very well-informed and well-articulated posts.

So what if China decided to start entering illegally into mexico and staying and started over running the land? Would mexico show compassion and start passing laws in their land to accomidate them. Will all the mexican now have to learn chinese?

Oh and in debates people always get offened over something, thats life.

Justin, you are truly, truly, truly uneducated about this subject, if I were you I do some research before you post again. Or you're just going to piss more people off.

You are just saying the same things over and over, that don't make sense, concocting absurd theories, and rewriting history...:|

BonoVoxSupastar said:
You are just saying the same things over and over, that don't make sense, concocting absurd theories, and rewriting history...:|

Can I please have some examples of rewriting history and absurd theories. Do you have a large population of illegal immigrants where you live?

Do any of you have to deal with illegal immigrant populations in the millions (especially here in CA)?

Justin24 said:

Can I please have some examples of rewriting history and absurd theories. Do you have a large population of illegal immigrants where you live?
Your prisoner theory.

And the idea that at one point we farmed without taking advantage of free or cheap labor...

Should I go on?

Justin24 said:

Do any of you have to deal with illegal immigrant populations in the millions (especially here in CA)?

I grew up in TX. Housing, hotels, landscaping, roadwork, etc would be a lot more expensive if it weren't for illegal immigrants. The economy benefits.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Your prisoner theory.

And the idea that at one point we farmed without taking advantage of free or cheap labor...

Should I go on?

I grew up in TX. Housing, hotels, landscaping, roadwork, etc would be a lot more expensive if it weren't for illegal immigrants. The economy benefits.

First off I know we had "cheap labor" back then, it was called "slavery" and it is a black stain on this country.

Why not use drug users or burgalers to farm for us? So does this new form of cheap labor that comes from the south mean they are a new form of slave labor, no rights, very low pay, and no benefits. So your in support of that? If they came here legally then they would have all the same benefits as us.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

See, I don't know if that's true.

Illegal immigrants might take more than they give.

I've been researching this for a day or so w/ no luck.

I've seen 1 number, saying Illegal Immigrants in CA cost $10 billion a year.

I'm still looking for the estimate labor savings.

I don't think you can just assume it all equals out.

But regardless, everyone pays taxes to support illegal immigrants.
A select few get to take advantage of the lower rates at Motel 6.
Assuming the savings are passed on to the consumer, and not just used to enhance the bottom line.

Grrrr this makes me mad!!! http://www.mexica-movement.org/granmarcha.htm
http://www.mexica-movement.org/ENTERHERETEXTONLY.htm

first off Mexico did not exist until the removal of the spanish. Then they had to deal with the French. Now there were already indigenous tribes in north america. Hopi, Apache, Navajo and other tribes. The Olmec were a vast empire. The Aztecs a nomadic tribe became alligned with the Olmecs for a brief period of time, when the princess from the Olmce civiliztion was found dead and the Aztec warriors destroyed that society.

Now why would these groups (links above) claim that CA, AZ, CO, NM is theirs, when it's not.

Justin24 said:

First off I know we had "cheap labor" back then, it was called "slavery" and it is a black stain on this country.
Then don't ignore it in your posts and call people lazy.
Justin24 said:

Why not use drug users or burgalers to farm for us?
You want convicted criminals running around in your backyard, access to your tractors and having free access to the highways? Seriously, think out your theories. The cost of implementing such a program would outweigh all costs you think immigrants cost you now.
Justin24 said:

So does this new form of cheap labor that comes from the south mean they are a new form of slave labor, no rights, very low pay, and no benefits. So your in support of that? If they came here legally then they would have all the same benefits as us.
It allows people who couldn't otherwise provide for their own families a means to give them a better life. And it benefits US economies because they are willing to do the jobs that no one else will.

MrBrau1 said:

I don't think you can just assume it all equals out.

I'm not assuming anything. I have plenty of first hand knowledge and research on the subject.

I have extended family who are farmers, a father who's in housing construction, so I've seen it first hand.

Trust me a state like TX couldn't survive without.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

You want convicted criminals running around in your backyard, access to your tractors and having free access to the highways? Seriously, think out your theories. The cost of implementing such a program would outweigh all costs you think immigrants cost you now

In farm fields only. Plus this would help reform a person, instead of thinking about who they might shank next.

I know that illegals play an important role in the economy. I don't think that's necessarily a good thing, but it is what it is.

Why can't they pay taxes? Force them to have documents. If they really want a better life, then they should be made aware that a better life includes paying taxes. Taxes suck, but we pay them, why shouldn't they have to? As long as they contribute to the system then they can have access to schools, etc.

randhail said:
I know that illegals play an important role in the economy. I don't think that's necessarily a good thing, but it is what it is.

Why can't they pay taxes? Force them to have documents. If they really want a better life, then they should be made aware that a better life includes paying taxes. Taxes suck, but we pay them, why shouldn't they have to? As long as they contribute to the system then they can have access to schools, etc.

As soon as they start paying taxes, say good bye to cheap labor.

It goes both ways, you can't have both.

Some of you can't seem to grasp that.

Justin24 said:

In farm fields only. Plus this would help reform a person, instead of thinking about who they might shank next.

Where do you think farming fields are? Please, educate yourself.

How would you contain them?

Like I said, it wouldn't work.

randhail said:
And minimum wage is $5.15/ hour. That's not exactly breaking the bank. How is that not cheap labor?

Well now you know how cheap they're working for.

Plus different industries have minimum standands. When you're working construction and your legal workers are working for $15 dollars an hour and someone comes along who can do the same exact work, but are willing to work for $9 an hour, who do you think they'll hire? Once they start paying taxes they aren't going to be willing to work $9 an hour. They'll want the same pay as everyone else, for they are just as qualified...

Well true about containing the criminal since there already 12 million illegals who already broke the law.

Justin24 said:
Well true about containing the criminal since there already 12 million illegals who already broke the law.

:rolleyes:

Let's not forget those that hire them are breaking the law as well. So that puts about every major industry in the states.

I guess so. Ok what would you say if the 11 people could stay, but then we build a secure boarder and have that guest worker program then, would you object to that??

BonoVoxSupastar said:

:rolleyes:

Let's not forget those that hire them are breaking the law as well. So that puts about every major industry in the states.

Including numerous politicians with nannys, gardeners and the like.

Justin24 said:
Ok what would you say if the 11 people could stay, but then we build a secure boarder and have that guest worker program then, would you object to that??

Never once have I taken a side in this issue. My whole point is that this isn't a black and white issue and to place all the blame on the, as you call them stupid people, is absolutely ridiculous.

It's a give and take situation we have right now. If it were to all of sudden change over night, our economies would suffer. This is what so many don't understand.

I don't object to any fair program. I don't object to more secure borders. I do object to a wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom