Welcome Back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sicy said:
Well for instance:

"You're a fucking moron" " What the fuck is wrong with you?" etc.. when addressed to other members of interference is just cause for a first and last warning. Even without the word fucking.. is getting iffy. Insulting one's intelligence in a derogatory manner is also unacceptable.

"Are these guys fucking idiots??" when referring to someone outside interference, is tolerable. :tongue:

ok... looks like self-loathing is probably tolerable.. thats all i intend to do

:tongue: :tongue:

Re: it's like it never was gone

sulawesigirl4 said:
Welcome to the fitter, happier and more productive FYM.

Like a pig in a cage on antibiotics.

Vorsprung said:
All you need is love tatatadadaaa......and strawberries, melons, beers, and uncensored sexually explicit pieces of asphalt

I think one Melon in this forum is plenty, thank you.

Um.

You say we cant attack people on the forum. But what about in private? What if someone is going around spreading lies/slandering you? Is this acceptable? I mean to say, if someone is doing this to me, and its allowed to continue, and no one will put a stop to this, then can I go and return the favor by spreading seriously harmful lies about them?
And, the mods are always saying that we need to resolve conflicts in private, by sending emails, IMs, or PMs instead of posting.
But what if one party steadfastly refuses to read your messages and discuss the issue.
What I'm saying is, sometimes, we have no choice but to post.
If you believe me to be wrong about this, please let me know what I can do when i have a major problem and have tried repeatedly to resolve this without making it public, but it isnt working.
Understand that I am not even talking about petty differences here, but some extremely serious issues.
Thanks for any helpful advice. :)

Last edited:
Miss MacPhisto said:
Um.

You say we cant attack people on the forum. But what about in private?

What goes on outside of Interference, we ultimately have no control - however, two members harrassing each other or one another.... MAY call for SOME involvement. Attacking others isnt right, no matter how it's done.

What if someone is going around spreading lies/slandering you? Is this acceptable?

Slander is illegal in the US i know for a fact, it is NOT tolaterated on this forum or in this community. You should seek action to be taken (with proof/examples) by either myself or Sicy, or both.... if this is a SERIOUS case... you may want to puruse further action... but I'm sure some resolve can be reached prior.

I mean to say, if someone is doing this to me, and its allowed to continue, and no one will put a stop to this, then can I go and return the favor by spreading seriously harmful lies about them?

Allowed? In reality, the only person watching out for you... is you. Two wrongs do not make a right.

But what if one party steadfastly refuses to read your messages and discuss the issue.

Sometimes its futile to attempt to deal with an irrational person in a rational way. You feed their ego when you keep trying to make contact. Stop contact, drop the subject, move on. Be the bigger person.

What I'm saying is, sometimes, we have no choice but to post.
If you believe me to be wrong about this, please let me know what I can do when i have a major problem and have tried repeatedly to resolve this without making it public, but it isnt working.

Like I said b4, you need to bring it to the attention of myself or Sicy. Taking it public usually accomplishes nothing.

Understand that I am not even talking about petty differences here, but some extremely serious issues.
Thanks for any helpful advice. :)

Extremely personal/private issues/problems usually shouldnt be dealt with in public... this isnt Jerry Springer afterall.

Yep, welcome... back... oh my, that was a long pause. I?m definitely addicted to this message board.

Back
Top Bottom