We Must Stop Halloween

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BorderGirl said:
As seen from your post the only thing Cuba exports now is propaganda (and refugees of course).

Oh my, what a strong argument you have there. Of course anyone who holds a different opinion to your own must be taken in by propaganda.

Incidentally, given that Cuba is currently under a US blockade, its capacity to export goods is greatly reduced.

And while we're on the subject of propaganda, would you care to comment on the propaganda broadcast into Cuba by a United States-run television station based in Florida? I'd hate to think the US was in the business of exporting propaganda.

BorderGirl said:

Cuba has slipped DOWN to this third world status level not UP because of Castro's leadership.
That it is now considered "the best " in healthcare signifies the high standards among it's other Caribbean nations pre-revolution.

Could you substantiate this, please? I posted statistics regarding Cuban living standards and literacy as well as citing a WHO report on the Cuban healthcare system. You've not cited a single source for your claim that Cuba was previously a 'first world country' and is now a 'third world country'.

BorderGirl said:

What? Please brush up on your history.
Cuba was on par with U. S. standards of living pre- 1959.

Once again, would you substantiate this, please? Unfortunately the Amnesty report you cited makes no mention of pre-1959 Cuban living standards.

BorderGirl said:
The policy that Bono is publically advocating for Africa calls for transparancy and accountability. Which is also just what the US has asked of Cuba for 40 years.

Really? And where exactly does plotting to assassinate Cuba's leader fit into these demands?

Irvine511 said:
i thought this thread was about Halloween?

:scratch:

In fairness, it was about Hugo Chavez's comments on Halloween and it's not that much of a derailment to go from a discussion of Chavez to a discussion of Cuba.

So, y'know, not making my top ten derailments just yet. :wink: Though I do think the list is an excellent idea.

it is too bad we could not get an effective blockade of Communist Viet Nam

so those rat bastard commies could be mal-nourished and starving like those evil North Koreans

at least we are effectively punishing communists babies being born Communist Cuba

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom