We did it!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The other finalists were Boston Public Schools, which has been a finalist for three years, and districts in Charlotte, N.C.; Norfolk, Va.; and Houston. They will each get $125,000 for scholarships.

Congrads to any Boston Area teachers reading this, too.:up:

Tonight was the Broad Prize celebration. It was so wonderful to hear how great we are! So many people are so quick to talk about how miserable the state of public education is, so quick to call teachers terrorists, so quick to insist that I can somehow be more "accountable" than the child's parents. Tonight was all about what I am doing right!

Dr. Rutherford from the National Center for Educational Accountability was there to tell us the hard facts of our district. Our superintendent said that this was the first time Dr. Rutherford has come to a Broad Prize celebration. She was there because our data was so impressive. Eli Broad told us that this was the first time in the three years of the award that the committee who selects the winner has voted unanimously.

It was especially delicious because two newly elected school board members were there who ran on the platform of how bad the district is. It was very good for them to hear, from people more expert than they, about how truly and deeply good the district is, from the support staffs to teachers, all the way up to our visionary superintendent.

Our superintendent's voice was cracking with emotion as she concluded her remarks to close the evening. It was wonderful.

I'll be in bed by ten, and up at four-thirty, work till at least six tomorrow night. But I knew the job was dangerous when I took it. :wink:

Fantastic!! :applaud: The kids in your classroom certainly have the crème de le crème.

Garden Grove is an example of standards-based education at its best, and the district's frequent testing, assessment and intervention has paid off," said Eli Broad

:up:

Back
Top Bottom