We can't take it anymore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ishkash

War Child
Tuesday, September 24, 2002 (Gandhinagar):Gujrat, India

Gunmen today stormed the famous Swaminarayan temple complex in Gandhinagar and fired indiscriminately. According to initial reports, 12 people have been killed and 25 injured. The attack by suspected militants took place at around 5:20 pm (IST).

Agriculture Minister Purushottam Rupala said that two persons, probably carrying stenguns, entered the temple premises and fired indiscriminately.

Commandos of the National Security Guard (NSG) are being rushed to the temple complex spread over 23 acres of land in Akshaydham, situated about two kilometres away from the state secretariat. All the gates of the temple have also been sealed.

After what Israel and US doing to thier terrorism...I think we should get these bastards. At times I wish I wasnt followiing Gandhianism and stoped being ideological

:mad: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I know Indian terrorism is percieved to be less important but these lives are as important as any other.

well not by me ishkash.....a tragedy

I'm sorry about what happened. Murder and destruction is always wrong, but when it takes place on holy ground, it really must test your faith and resolve, daily.
I just noticed yesterday actually( I should have known before this really) one of my sons was born on Mahatma Gandhis' birthday. I am pleased to know that.
More and more our beliefs are going to be tested. Be strong.
RIP the victims...everywhere.

As far as I'm concerned

If the US can invade iraq....India can take all of Kashmir

Islamic militants keep pushing this to happen.

India has been more than tolerant.

this is not an ethnic conflict

India has the 2nd most muslims of any country in the world

this is not a hindu/muslim issue

this is a terrorism/ free ppls issue

India has a right to defend itself, and if it has to create lake pakistan to do it....by all means

Ishkash.....brother.....I posted to the u2 india group...reply to it if it concerns you

Ishkash, it isn't any less important.

And Arun V, I agree with you.

Something has to be done.

Sorry, folks, but nations can not always turn the other cheek. India has every right to take action against the perpetrators and the ones behind the perpetrators.

~U2Alabama

As Arun rightly said India has more Muslim population than Pakistan.I am not anti-Pakistan or anti anything.But since Indepence Pakistan has failed to take a constructive stance on Kashmir.They never speak for the betterment of lives, all they have is that phony jehad.They use jehad in the same fashion as Bin Laden does. I am not against Pakistani people but the people who run Pakistan,Dictators and Army Generals.

These so called millitants get training in Al Qaeda sponsored camps.Most of them are directly linked with Al Qaeda and have more than 100 active camps.What people of US and Rest of the world should realise, we Indians are very passive, quite and accomodating people(we have 10 million Bangladeshi and 1 million afghan refugees from pre 9/11 wars).Our probles is that our 5000 year old history keeps us a bit civilized.We have fought 3 wars, but they were the least destrcutive wars of all time. We even backed from occupied areas just to show our civilised state and maturity which unfortunately is our weak point.

India has 3rd or 4th largest army in the world, we also have those dreaded nuclear bombs(for the record I was against it, not anymore), but still I dont get why do we have to tolerate when common lives are being put on constant threat. Today its some people I dont know, tomorrow it can be someone I know.

British's ruled India for 250 years and then Gandhi fought against unjustice wthout single life being lost.One of the greatest battle and a great victory came without, except for one, violent act.If we can do it then anyone in the world can fight like this and achieve success.

Instead focussing on issues like poverty, lack of basic education and decent living standards all Pakistan has to offer is solidarity in veil of religion. If these terrorist camps are not destroyed immediately then not only India but world is a very unsafe place and there would be a constant threat to free people.Its a terrorist haven and it must be destroyed., NOW!

injured recall nightmarish temple visit

NDTV Correspondent

Wednesday, September 25, 2002 (Gandhinagar):

Twenty-nine people were killed and more than 70 injured in a terrorist attack at the Swaminarayan temple complex in Gandhinagar on Tuesday. Most of the injured have been shifted to Gandhinagar's civil hospital.

The injured victims are in a state of disbelief as the reality of what they had been through is yet to sink in.

"There was this man who was shooting. I got shot and after that I don't know what happened," said a victim.

"We were not scared because we could not believe it was happening. It was so unexpected. Something like this could never happen at the Akshardham temple," he added.

With more than 25 people killed in the attack, the injured are lucky to have escaped with their lives.

"I have seen 15 or 20 bodies inside. One was lying on the ground. Small, small children, three or four," said a survivor.

Many of the injured are the police personnel who fell in the line of fire during the rescue operations.

"Some of our jawans(soldiers) were already injured inside and we managed to rescue and bring out some of them. Then we went back a second time because we were told that there were some more jawans who had been hurt. When we went in, we were fired at from the basement with AK-47s," recounted Shailaish Barot, a Gujarat Police commando.

Hospital wards were filled with chaos, as anxious people gathered to know about their relatives. The local residents and relief organisations came to their rescue.

"Our organisation has come from Ahmedabad to help out the injured, to donate blood and be of whatever help we can," said one of the relief workers -- evidence that an unbelievably vicious attack was bringing out the best in the people of Gujarat.

just to give you exact scale on these numbers

India has 10x more muslims than Pakistan approx.

There's something about that date, is it a coincidence

brb...just got to find the newspaper I was looking at...
Here 'tis

"September 24,the 267th day of 2002,there are 98 days left in the year.
Today In History

1932 - The Poona Pact between Hindu religious leaders, forced by Mahatma Ghandi's hunger strike, gives new electoral rights to untouchables."

Probably not relevant, but something I noticed.Good luck

One of my closest friends is Indian. Her parents spent their honeymoon in Kashmir, decades ago, and the pictures are absolutely stunning. Since then it's been reduced to a wasteland of terror with shit disturbing terrorists being allowed to torture the population at will. The sooner Kashmir is under Indian control, the better.

Re: There's something about that date, is it a coincidence

cass said:
brb...just got to find the newspaper I was looking at...
Here 'tis

"September 24,the 267th day of 2002,there are 98 days left in the year.
Today In History

1932 - The Poona Pact between Hindu religious leaders, forced by Mahatma Ghandi's hunger strike, gives new electoral rights to untouchables."

Probably not relevant, but something I noticed.Good luck

Its very relevant....very, very relevant since what has been happening around us.Its very easy to criticise Gandhi ji, its even easier to praise him, but its very difficult to be like him.

British's ruled India for 250 years and then Gandhi fought against unjustice wthout single life being lost.One of the greatest battle and a great victory came without, except for one, violent act.If we can do it then anyone in the world can fight like this and achieve success.

I read this and it was so touching. My fingers are trembling a little as I type this :ohmy:

foray

MILITARY INTELLIGENCE: Temple Killers in India Appear to Be Pakistani

OSS Comment: The Indian government appears to have evidence that the two principals in the Akshardham temple massacre were Pakistani nationals. Given the considerable number of deaths associated with the internal strife between Muslims and Hindus in India, it will be helpful to have a better understanding of the degree to which this violent internal conflict is deliberately being incited as a military covert action by Pakistan.

EXTRACT: AHMEDABAD/GANDHINAGAR: The Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) on Friday detained two persons who reportedly rented out the car to the terrorists to reach Akshardham temple even as reports coming from New Delhi suggested that the terrorists had been identified as Pakistani citizens. Leads from intelligence agencies in Jammu said the terrorists were Mohammad Amjad from Lahore and Hafiz Yassir from Attock in Pakistan.

SOURCE: Temple killers identified as Pakistanis. 09/28/2002 The Times of India

I think the world needs to realize that pakistan is the seat of terror in the world. They put up the taliban. And they are not even commited to a non first use policy on nukes against india.

Pakistan continually tries to cause insurections and instabilities in india....I just hope they realize....it's gonna come back at them.

24 Pandits killed in Kashmir

Mukhtar Ahmad In Srinagar | March 24, 2003 11:29 IST

At least 24 Kashmiri Pandits were killed at Nadimarg village near Shopian in Pulwama district around midnight.

Kashmir range police chief K Rajendra told rediff.com that militants came to the village, 75 kilometres from Srinagar, late Sunday night and disarmed the policemen guarding the Pandits. One version said the militants were dressed in police uniforms.

"They first snatched the policemen's weapons and later fired indiscriminately on the Pandits. The police has recovered 24 bodies so far," Rajendra said.

Eleven women, eleven men and two children were killed by the militants who numbered about 25. The village has 11 Pandit families, comprising 52 people.

Some policemen reached the police station at Shopian and informed their superiors about the incident, he said.

The area has been cordoned off and massive search operations mounted. Police sources said the gunmen snatched weapons including four self loading rifles from the policemen guarding the Pandits.

The killings are a setback for Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed's plans to establish a safe haven for members of the Kashmiri Pandit community driven out of Kashmir by militancy in the valley. The state government had drawn up plans to settle the Pandits around the holy spring shrine at Tullamullah in Srinagar district and Mattan in south Kashmir's Anantnag district.

After the January 26, 1998 massacre of 23 Kashmiri Pandits at Wandhama, Pandit villages have been provided security by the state government.

Sources said the Pandits living in Nadimarg had not migrated to Jammu and stayed back in their village. Nearly 5,000 members of the community continue to live in the Kashmir valley.

The victims:

Bansi Lal(30)
Rekha(40)
Chand Rani (60)
Prince (23)
Sameera(23)
Geeta Devi(45)
Suman Ji 925)
Lassa Koul (70)
Bibi Ji (22)
Girja (23)
Suraj (4 )
Malu(5)
Preetima Kumari (25)
Reshi Koul (23)
Devika (70)
Radha Krishan (55)
Bansi Lal (65)
Triloki Nath (60)
Avtar Krishan (70)
Mohan Lal (60)
Rakesh Kumar (29)
Lok Nath (55)
Omeet (29)
Praduman Krishan (60)

Last edited:
This is awful. I hate terrorists. I don't care who it is. They're jerks. I have nothing against the Pakistani people. I've read about some terrific Pakistani people. Many Pakistanis are talented artists, dedicated professionals, and generally are great people. I just wish they'd stop this :censored: :censored:

verte76 said:
This is awful. I hate terrorists. I don't care who it is. They're jerks. I have nothing against the Pakistani people. I've read about some terrific Pakistani people. Many Pakistanis are talented artists, dedicated professionals, and generally are great people. I just wish they'd stop this :censored: :censored:

agreed pakistani americans have made very siginificant contributions to america. And one thing I admire is how much money pakistani repatriate into pakistan in that sense I wish Non resident indians were more like non resident pakistanis. And it has nothing to do with the pakistani people really...it has to do with elements that the a corrupt military dictatorship refuses to stop in order to fulfill an agenda.

this stuff here..has to to stop

Last edited:
4 militants among 6 killed in Kashmir

PTI[ TUESDAY, APRIL 08, 2003 05:36:51 PM ]

SRINAGAR: Four militants were among six people killed in Jammu and Kashmir where BSF averted a possible major tragedy with timely detection of a powerful IED on Tuesday, official sources said.

The 12-kg IED planted by militants on a link road near Chakpora village in Badgam district was detected by the troops during patrolling and was subsequently defused by the bomb disposal squad of local police, they said.

Two Hizbul Mujahideen militants, identified as Khurshid Ahmad Bhat alias Suhail and Ghulam Mohammad Mir alias Gulzar, were killed in an encounter with army at Indergam village in Baramulla district this afternoon, the sources said.

A house was gutted in the encounter and some arms and ammunition were recovered from the slain militants.

Another Hizbul militant was shot dead by security forces in a gunfight in Hafrooda forest in Kupwara early today. An AK rifle and some ammunition were recovered from him.

Security forces gunned down another militant in Drabi Nullah in Poonch district last evening.

A woman identified as Naseemm Akhterq was killed and her daughter injured in a cross-fire between militants and security forces in Surankote area of Poonch, the sources said.

Reports from Udhampur district said police recovered the body of a civilian, kidnapped by militants, from Dubri area of Reasi Tehsil.

[\end]

it's a shame two civilians had to die in the crossfire...but when terrorists have no regard for human life...this is what happens

Pak terrorists may be hiding in Delhi: Minister

PTI[ TUESDAY, APRIL 08, 2003 06:33:48 PM ]

NEW DELHI: There was a possibility of Pak-sponsored terrorists creating their hide-outs in the areas adjoining Delhi, the Lok Sabha was told on Tuesday.

There were five cases in the recent past in which Pak-sponsored terrorists were either arrested or killed in the western parts of Uttar Pradesh near Delhi, Minister of State for Home Harin Pathak said in a written reply.

The possibility of Pak-sponsored terrorists creating hide-outs in the areas adjoining Delhi, therefore, cannot be ruled out, Pathak said.

Delhi police has fully geared itself to develop intelligence about the activities and movements of terrorists and their harbourers in and around Delhi and put in place an appropriate security cover to ensure that their nefarious designs are neutralised, the minister said, adding this includes a close coordination with the police forces of the neighbouring districts and the Central Intelligence Agencies.

One person was arrested on February 24, 2003 near Pakistan High Commission recently and several classified documents were recovered from him, Pathak said.

The documents relating to Bhabha Atomic Research Centre recovered from the accused are public documents and do not contain any classified information, he said.

The Central and State Intelligence and Security Agencies work in close coordination to detect espionage cases, Pathak added.

Back
Top Bottom