We can't take it anymore - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2002, 10:56 PM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 12:18 AM
I think the world needs to realize that pakistan is the seat of terror in the world. They put up the taliban. And they are not even commited to a non first use policy on nukes against india.

Pakistan continually tries to cause insurections and instabilities in india....I just hope they realize....it's gonna come back at them.

Old 04-04-2003, 11:52 AM   #17
Refugee

24 Pandits killed in Kashmir

Mukhtar Ahmad In Srinagar | March 24, 2003 11:29 IST

At least 24 Kashmiri Pandits were killed at Nadimarg village near Shopian in Pulwama district around midnight.

Kashmir range police chief K Rajendra told rediff.com that militants came to the village, 75 kilometres from Srinagar, late Sunday night and disarmed the policemen guarding the Pandits. One version said the militants were dressed in police uniforms.

"They first snatched the policemen's weapons and later fired indiscriminately on the Pandits. The police has recovered 24 bodies so far," Rajendra said.

Eleven women, eleven men and two children were killed by the militants who numbered about 25. The village has 11 Pandit families, comprising 52 people.

Some policemen reached the police station at Shopian and informed their superiors about the incident, he said.

The area has been cordoned off and massive search operations mounted. Police sources said the gunmen snatched weapons including four self loading rifles from the policemen guarding the Pandits.

The killings are a setback for Chief Minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed's plans to establish a safe haven for members of the Kashmiri Pandit community driven out of Kashmir by militancy in the valley. The state government had drawn up plans to settle the Pandits around the holy spring shrine at Tullamullah in Srinagar district and Mattan in south Kashmir's Anantnag district.

After the January 26, 1998 massacre of 23 Kashmiri Pandits at Wandhama, Pandit villages have been provided security by the state government.

Sources said the Pandits living in Nadimarg had not migrated to Jammu and stayed back in their village. Nearly 5,000 members of the community continue to live in the Kashmir valley.

The victims:

Bansi Lal(30)
Rekha(40)
Chand Rani (60)
Prince (23)
Sameera(23)
Geeta Devi(45)
Suman Ji 925)
Lassa Koul (70)
Bibi Ji (22)
Girja (23)
Suraj (4 )
Malu(5)
Preetima Kumari (25)
Reshi Koul (23)
Devika (70)
Radha Krishan (55)
Bansi Lal (65)
Triloki Nath (60)
Avtar Krishan (70)
Mohan Lal (60)
Rakesh Kumar (29)
Lok Nath (55)
Omeet (29)
Praduman Krishan (60)

Old 04-04-2003, 12:10 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:18 PM
This is awful. I hate terrorists. I don't care who it is. They're jerks. I have nothing against the Pakistani people. I've read about some terrific Pakistani people. Many Pakistanis are talented artists, dedicated professionals, and generally are great people. I just wish they'd stop this
Old 04-04-2003, 12:17 PM   #19
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
This is awful. I hate terrorists. I don't care who it is. They're jerks. I have nothing against the Pakistani people. I've read about some terrific Pakistani people. Many Pakistanis are talented artists, dedicated professionals, and generally are great people. I just wish they'd stop this
agreed pakistani americans have made very siginificant contributions to america. And one thing I admire is how much money pakistani repatriate into pakistan in that sense I wish Non resident indians were more like non resident pakistanis. And it has nothing to do with the pakistani people really...it has to do with elements that the a corrupt military dictatorship refuses to stop in order to fulfill an agenda.

this stuff here..has to to stop
Old 04-08-2003, 10:46 AM   #20
Refugee

4 militants among 6 killed in Kashmir

PTI[ TUESDAY, APRIL 08, 2003 05:36:51 PM ]

SRINAGAR: Four militants were among six people killed in Jammu and Kashmir where BSF averted a possible major tragedy with timely detection of a powerful IED on Tuesday, official sources said.

The 12-kg IED planted by militants on a link road near Chakpora village in Badgam district was detected by the troops during patrolling and was subsequently defused by the bomb disposal squad of local police, they said.

Two Hizbul Mujahideen militants, identified as Khurshid Ahmad Bhat alias Suhail and Ghulam Mohammad Mir alias Gulzar, were killed in an encounter with army at Indergam village in Baramulla district this afternoon, the sources said.

A house was gutted in the encounter and some arms and ammunition were recovered from the slain militants.

Another Hizbul militant was shot dead by security forces in a gunfight in Hafrooda forest in Kupwara early today. An AK rifle and some ammunition were recovered from him.

Security forces gunned down another militant in Drabi Nullah in Poonch district last evening.

A woman identified as Naseemm Akhterq was killed and her daughter injured in a cross-fire between militants and security forces in Surankote area of Poonch, the sources said.

Reports from Udhampur district said police recovered the body of a civilian, kidnapped by militants, from Dubri area of Reasi Tehsil.

[\end]

it's a shame two civilians had to die in the crossfire...but when terrorists have no regard for human life...this is what happens
Old 04-08-2003, 10:49 AM   #21
Refugee

Pak terrorists may be hiding in Delhi: Minister

PTI[ TUESDAY, APRIL 08, 2003 06:33:48 PM ]

NEW DELHI: There was a possibility of Pak-sponsored terrorists creating their hide-outs in the areas adjoining Delhi, the Lok Sabha was told on Tuesday.

There were five cases in the recent past in which Pak-sponsored terrorists were either arrested or killed in the western parts of Uttar Pradesh near Delhi, Minister of State for Home Harin Pathak said in a written reply.

The possibility of Pak-sponsored terrorists creating hide-outs in the areas adjoining Delhi, therefore, cannot be ruled out, Pathak said.

Delhi police has fully geared itself to develop intelligence about the activities and movements of terrorists and their harbourers in and around Delhi and put in place an appropriate security cover to ensure that their nefarious designs are neutralised, the minister said, adding this includes a close coordination with the police forces of the neighbouring districts and the Central Intelligence Agencies.

One person was arrested on February 24, 2003 near Pakistan High Commission recently and several classified documents were recovered from him, Pathak said.

The documents relating to Bhabha Atomic Research Centre recovered from the accused are public documents and do not contain any classified information, he said.

The Central and State Intelligence and Security Agencies work in close coordination to detect espionage cases, Pathak added.