“We are socialists…we are all determined to destroy this system under all conditions" - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-03-2006, 08:45 AM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 02:20 PM
The contentions that multi-culturalism, environmentalism and anti-theism are fascist is wrong but the category of the Nazis as statist totalitarians has some merits.
__________________

__________________
A_Wanderer is offline  
Old 09-03-2006, 12:02 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Se7en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: all around in the dark - everywhere
Posts: 3,531
Local Time: 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
Nazis as statist totalitarians has some merits.
certainly.

there is also merit to what melon said - that no matter what part of the ideological spectrum despotism begins, once it reaches a totalitarian level it's pretty much all the same bullshit.
__________________

__________________
Se7en is offline  
Old 09-03-2006, 07:09 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Calluna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Cloud Cookoo Land
Posts: 3,542
Local Time: 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by financeguy
No I was just commenting on what I initially took to be rather funny satire you posted.

Are you saying this article is actually serious??
__________________
Calluna is offline  
Old 09-04-2006, 05:47 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
You really need to quit hanging out in your Ann Coulter chat rooms and get out in the real world every once in awhile there Mac.
To the best of my knowledge, Ann Coulter nor any other conservative pundit has bothered to challenge the "right-wing" association of the National Socialists. But to put another bug in your ear, that leftist human tick Peter Singer is comparable to Adolf Hitler on MANY levels - like Hitler, he was a vegan, and like Hitler, he wants to euthanize not only newborn children, but the handicapped as well. And that empty soul Margaret Sanger would fit right in with the Nazis as well - she was the death worshipper that founded Planned Parenthood, mainly because she was irate over the idea of women giving birth to as many children as they wanted.

And the "real world" you live in is where only a cokehead comedian on Air America is considered a grown up.

Perhaps you've never been taught in addition how Hitler banned guns from private citizens in the early 1930s. If you connect the dots, it was so that private citizens couldn't defend themselves from another madman who was brainwashed by the ideology of Karl Marx.
__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline  
Old 09-04-2006, 05:54 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
The contentions that multi-culturalism, environmentalism and anti-theism are fascist is wrong but the category of the Nazis as statist totalitarians has some merits.
They are not exclusively fascist, and in no way did I intend on implying that.

But neo-nazis nor nazis have never been pro-capitalist, never pro-integration, and never pro-religion. Therefore, they cannot possibly be "right-wing."

Here you can find some of the stances that neo-nazis have taken to this day: www.nazi.org.

They don't exactly remind me of the neocons.

"Neo" means "new" for those of you who don't know what you're talking about.
__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline  
Old 09-04-2006, 06:08 PM   #21
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,667
Local Time: 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
that leftist human tick Peter Singer is comparable to Adolf Hitler on MANY levels - like Hitler, he was a vegan,


Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe

And that empty soul Margaret Sanger would fit right in with the Nazis as well - she was the death worshipper that founded Planned Parenthood, mainly because she was irate over the idea of women giving birth to as many children as they wanted.
She was forcing abortions? Wow, you are so educated on the subject.



Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe

And the "real world" you live in is where only a cokehead comedian on Air America is considered a grown up.
But what about the cokehead in the White House? Is he considered grown up?


Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe

Perhaps you've never been taught in addition how Hitler banned guns from private citizens in the early 1930s. If you connect the dots, it was so that private citizens couldn't defend themselves from another madman who was brainwashed by the ideology of Karl Marx.
This is your funniest comparision, though the vegan one was good. You really think your handgun is going to protect you against the government? When you allow citizens to own tanks, then you can use this crap argument.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 09-04-2006, 06:19 PM   #22
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,024
Local Time: 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
But to put another bug in your ear, that leftist human tick Peter Singer is comparable to Adolf Hitler on MANY levels - like Hitler, he was a vegan, and like Hitler, he wants to euthanize not only newborn children, but the handicapped as well.
But to put another bug in your ear, that crazy Interferencer Macfistowannabe is comparable to Adolf Hitler on MANY levels - like Hitler, he was a human, and like Hitler, he breathed air, and like Hitler, he drank water and ate various foods, and like Hitler, he was alive at some point in the 20th century!

Quote:
Perhaps you've never been taught in addition how Hitler banned guns from private citizens in the early 1930s. If you connect the dots, it was so that private citizens couldn't defend themselves from another madman who was brainwashed by the ideology of Karl Marx.
Wow, you clearly have no clue about the writings of Karl Marx, do you?
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 09-04-2006, 07:10 PM   #23
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,667
Local Time: 10:20 PM
What's even funnier about Macs comparisons is that Peter Singer was Jewish.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 09-04-2006, 07:12 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 11,781
Local Time: 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Macfistowannabe
But to put another bug in your ear, that leftist human tick Peter Singer is comparable to Adolf Hitler on MANY levels - like Hitler, he was a vegan, and like Hitler, he wants to euthanize not only newborn children, but the handicapped as well.
Peter Singer is such a non-issue. He's a philosopher that nobody listens to, so to compare him to Hitler, who not only came up with kooky ideas, but created an entire paramilitary (SA) to rise to power to enact those ideas, is nothing short of hysterical.

At the very least, he bothers to ask the question of what makes us human, and his rather extremist philosophical responses should challenge people to think.

Quote:
And that empty soul Margaret Sanger would fit right in with the Nazis as well - she was the death worshipper that founded Planned Parenthood, mainly because she was irate over the idea of women giving birth to as many children as they wanted.
Why don't you bring up the Scopes trial while you're at it?

Margaret Sanger did *not* create abortions in this country. Abortion was illegal in her lifetime, and the Planned Parenthood she founded did not advocate for abortion in that time.

Even at that, you really don't get it at all. Sanger's push for birth control was because *women* wanted to control the number of children they wanted. Do you really honestly believe that women had a decision in this matter in the 1920s? No, their husbands did. And that's what really makes you and likeminded paleoconservatives angry: you no longer got to own your women. They actually had a decision in the number of children they wanted to have, and (lucky for you) men didn't have to give up their sex lives in the process.

Quote:
Perhaps you've never been taught in addition how Hitler banned guns from private citizens in the early 1930s. If you connect the dots, it was so that private citizens couldn't defend themselves from another madman who was brainwashed by the ideology of Karl Marx.
Banning guns is a standard feature of totalitarian governments, which, as I stated before, has nothing to do with the left/right-wing dichotomy.

But, by all means, don't let fact and reason get in the way of your goutrage.

Melon
__________________
melon is offline  
Old 09-04-2006, 07:15 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 11,781
Local Time: 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
But to put another bug in your ear, that crazy Interferencer Macfistowannabe is comparable to Adolf Hitler on MANY levels - like Hitler, he was a human, and like Hitler, he breathed air, and like Hitler, he drank water and ate various foods, and like Hitler, he was alive at some point in the 20th century!
And, like Adolf Hitler, he looks at the world as completely black-and-white and blames leftists for all the world's problems (Hitler's standard response during the Weimar Republic was that Germany was in bad shape because of Jews in the government, which he perceived as all communist; as such, when it came to anything he disliked, he blamed "Jewish communists"), even if it doesn't make sense.

Melon
__________________
melon is offline  
Old 09-04-2006, 08:42 PM   #26
War Child
 
najeena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: an island paradise
Posts: 995
Local Time: 04:20 AM
Where is STING2 when we need him? He argues with facts, and has respect for the rest of us, as we do for him.
__________________
najeena is offline  
Old 09-05-2006, 02:41 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 10:20 PM
Quote:
Margaret Sanger did *not* create abortions in this country. Abortion was illegal in her lifetime, and the Planned Parenthood she founded did not advocate for abortion in that time.

Even at that, you really don't get it at all. Sanger's push for birth control was because *women* wanted to control the number of children they wanted.
It's a bit more complicated than that. She was a proponent of Eugenics which has as it's goal "to prevent the multiplication of bad stocks." She referred to immigrants and the poor as "human weeds" with "inferior genetic material" and favored sterilization to prevent "the propagation of those physically, mentally and socially inadequate."
__________________
INDY500 is offline  
Old 09-05-2006, 07:53 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Seriously, ignore these threads. This poster comes in spouts out ultra right-wing hatred and then never comes back to retort. He comes back a few weeks later when his comments are buried in the 2nd or 3rd page and doesn't bother to actually debate the issue.

He's a troll...
I'm not full of "hate" (Supa-speak for anyone who opposes socialism in any of its forms), you're just full of shit.
__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline  
Old 09-05-2006, 07:55 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by INDY500


It's a bit more complicated than that. She was a proponent of Eugenics which has as it's goal "to prevent the multiplication of bad stocks." She referred to immigrants and the poor as "human weeds" with "inferior genetic material" and favored sterilization to prevent "the propagation of those physically, mentally and socially inadequate."
This is correct, her biography would not be complete without mentioning the racial component she advocated.
__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline  
Old 09-05-2006, 07:58 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Macfistowannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,129
Local Time: 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon


And, like Adolf Hitler, he looks at the world as completely black-and-white and blames leftists for all the world's problems (Hitler's standard response during the Weimar Republic was that Germany was in bad shape because of Jews in the government, which he perceived as all communist; as such, when it came to anything he disliked, he blamed "Jewish communists"), even if it doesn't make sense.

Melon
And would you consider FDR to be a moral relativist?
__________________

__________________
Macfistowannabe is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com