"We all now know that the war would not stand up in court" - ex-UK cabinet minister - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 06-08-2005, 03:44 AM   #16
love, blood, life
Local Time: 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Rono
Facts and the unbelievable hunger for war,....
yep, that's it....hunger for war......

Old 06-08-2005, 06:22 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 06:40 AM
Originally posted by trevster2k
My point was about the average human being's experiences in living in a country where your home was bombed out, or destroyed. The Civil War is ancient history compared to the recent conflicts in Europe. I don't care what the governments or politicians think. Not to many Americans or Canadians can remember when their neighbourhood was being bombed during an air raid or had been invaded by a foreign power.
Most Europeans who are not Senior citizens can't remember their neighbourhood being bombed either. In any event, avoiding war at all cost because of the previous enormous costs of a war only creates a worse situation as was seen in Europe with World War I & II.

Old 06-08-2005, 08:30 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 03:10 AM
Will you please stop reading posts literally?

Has your Detroit ever had an air raid and had half the city go up in flames due to being bombed by enemy planes? Are there cemetaries and memorials to soldiers from other countries who helped liberate America? Do we have celebrations to honour those from other countries who sacrificed like the Netherlands? Are there burnt out husks like in Hiroshima reminding people of the day the bomb was dropped? These populations whether senior or not, grandparents do talk to their kids you know, have had first hand experience as being civilian victims of modern war. We have not.

They have empathy for the cost of war unlike us who have no idea how scary it truly is. This is all I am saying. You can disagree, I done here with this topic.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:52 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 02:40 AM
Originally posted by trevster2k

They have empathy for the cost of war unlike us who have no idea how scary it truly is.
Thank you for saying that.

I read here again and again, "war is terrible", almost always written by people who have no concept of it whatsoever except having read about it in a book or watched CNN.

War is a lot different when it's your women and children's hide on the line every day.