"Was the 2004 Election Stolen?" - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2006, 02:51 AM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

What?

Come on, painting an American president as a religious zealot who's invading Iraq on purely vengeful reasons fuels a terrorist community.

Where are you losing the logic?
Somewhere where that is considered an endorsement; unless you elect a leader that submits to their particularly vile sect of Islam you are never going to get any endorsement.

Old 06-05-2006, 02:55 AM   #17
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
Somewhere where that is considered an endorsement; unless you elect a leader that submits to their particularly vile sect of Islam you are never going to get any endorsement.
Never did I say I endorsed their endorsement...

But it makes sense they would endorse Bush, it gives them recruitment power.

Old 06-05-2006, 03:04 AM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

But how is calling Bush a crusader and pointing out his deficiencies considered an endorsement?
Old 06-05-2006, 03:09 AM   #19
Refugee

Local Time: 01:15 AM
Quote:
Come on, painting an American president as a religious zealot who's invading Iraq on purely vengeful reasons fuels a terrorist community. Where are you losing the logic?

Wow, talk about losing the logic.

Bin Laden endorsing Bush is supposed to get US voters to vote Republican?

Try again, bud.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:11 AM   #20
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
But how is calling Bush a crusader and pointing out his deficiencies considered an endorsement?
Apparently you missed their painting.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:14 AM   #21
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by 4U2Play

Wow, talk about losing the logic.

Bin Laden endorsing Bush is supposed to get US voters to vote Republican?

Try again, bud.
I never fucking said that...

You may want to look back at my posts.

You asked who certain people voted for...
Old 06-05-2006, 03:16 AM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

What painting?

All im seeing is a terrorist putting out a tape threatening attacks and calling Bush a stupid crusader under the sway of the Zionists, I do not see endorsements for any candidate.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:23 AM   #23
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
What painting?

All im seeing is a terrorist putting out a tape threatening attacks and calling Bush a stupid crusader under the sway of the Zionists, I do not see endorsements for any candidate.
Well then you've missed the whole point, which is terrorist would rather see Bush stay in because it helps their recruiting...
Old 06-05-2006, 03:26 AM   #24
Refugee

Local Time: 01:15 AM
Quote:
I never fucking said that...
BVS, you must refrain from such vile responses, you won't get very far if you spazz out in chat rooms.

Once again:

The only people that can influence a US election are US voters (and Diebold).

Bin Laden presumably knows this.

Bin Laden issued a "press release", you claimed, "supporting Bush". Go back and read your own posts.

By issuing a press release supporting Bush, you think this will help get Bush elected, which is what you think Bin Laden wants.

By issuing a press release supporting Bush, I think this will help get Kerry elected, which is what I think Bin Laden really wants.

You think a bin Laden endorsement is good for Bush. I don't.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:34 AM   #25
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by 4U2Play

Bin Laden issued a "press release", you claimed, "supporting Bush". Go back and read your own posts.

By issuing a press release supporting Bush, you think this will help get Bush elected, which is what you think Bin Laden wants.

By issuing a press release supporting Bush, I think this will help get Kerry elected, which is what I think Bin Laden really wants.

You think a bin Laden endorsement is good for Bush. I don't.
No, I never said any of this. Bin Laden never released anything...

Certain "terrorist related" factions released support for Bush. It only makes sense. Bush right now is the pinnacle for "the West enemy".

Never did I say these releases made an impact on US soil.

Look at the origin of the response.

Otherwise you're speaking nonsense.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:54 AM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Well then you've missed the whole point, which is terrorist would rather see Bush stay in because it helps their recruiting...
From the intercepts from Zarqawi it seems that they have been having trouble recruiting as of late - this talking point is very difficult to prove one way or another.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:57 AM   #27
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
From the intercepts from Zarqawi it seems that they have been having trouble recruiting as of late - this talking point is very difficult to prove one way or another.
Well hopefully the future will tell us this true globally...
Old 06-05-2006, 11:20 PM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Was the 2004 election stolen? No.

In Rolling Stone, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. argues that new evidence proves that Bush stole the election. But the evidence he cites isn't new and his argument is filled with distortions and blatant omissions.

"After carefully examining the evidence, I've become convinced that the president's party mounted a massive, coordinated campaign to subvert the will of the people in 2004," Robert F. Kennedy Jr. declares in the latest issue of Rolling Stone. And so, 19 months after the election, let us head once again into this breach.

To date, dozens of experts, both independently and as part of several research panels, have spent countless hours examining 2004's presidential election, especially the race in Ohio. Many of them have concluded that the election there strains conventional notions of what a democracy ought to look like; very little about that race was fair, clean or competent. Way back in January 2005, a panel headed by Democratic Rep. John Conyers of Michigan reported that it had found enough irregularities in Ohio to call into question the state election results and the entire presidential vote. A report by the Democratic Party released last year found "evidence of voter confusion, voter suppression, and negligence and incompetence of election officials." Then there are the legions of activists, academics, bloggers and others who've devoted their post-Nov. 2 lives to unearthing every morsel of data that might suggest the vote was rigged; their theories, factoids, and mountains of purportedly conclusive data likely take up several buildings' worth of hard-drive space in Google's server farms.

One has to wonder what, after all of this, Kennedy might have brought to the debate. There could have been an earnest exploration of the issues in order to finally shed some light on the problems we face in elections, and a call to urgently begin repairing our electoral machinery. Voting reforms are forever on the backburner in Congress; even the 2000 election did little to prompt improvements. If only someone with Kennedy's stature would outline this need.

If only. Whatever his aim, RFK Jr. does not appear intent on fixing the problem. He's more content to take us through a hit parade of the most popular, and the most dismissible, theories purporting to show that John Kerry won Ohio, theories that have been swirling about the blogosphere ever since the race was called. I scoured his Rolling Stone article for some novel story or statistic or theory that would prove, finally, that George W. Bush was not the true victor. But nothing here is new. If you've spent time on Democratic Underground or have read Mark Crispin Miller's "Fooled Again," you're already familiar with everything Kennedy has to say.
http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2006/06/03/kennedy/index.html
Old 06-06-2006, 03:59 PM   #29
War Child

Local Time: 08:15 AM
Another good article, done by Harper's last August/September:

http://www.harpers.org/ExcerptNoneDare.html