WARNING: Extremely sexy John Edwards picture (All Edwards Drooling Here Please)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diane L said:

The world just isn't fair. This couple should be the VP and VP's wife-elect!
*puts head down on desk and cries*

:sad: :hug: i know it's sad. but we MUST move on! we have other fights to win! the Virginia governors race for instance. however anytime there are new edwards pics i'll continue to post them here for all to enjoy! :wave:

I just got this in a Happy Holidays e-mail from them

holiday-top.jpg

:bump:

Guess who's baaaaaaack!! :wink:

Seriously, he was here in Virginia today for Webb, looking tanner and thinner.

Not from today, but recently, you get the picture:

:combust:

I do believe the mole is gone...:hmm:

:faint: I can't believe I have actually met this man...

:shifty:

OK now that I officially feel like I am 13 again I'll stop...I'd love to see him back in politics in some shape or form, maybe back in the senate.

I went to his booksigning today, wow he is even better looking in person :D I got to shake hands with him and all I could think of to say was nice to meet you (and he said same) then I said I loved the picture of him on the front of Home, that it's so cute (I'm such an idiot :rolleyes: ) then he said "thank you, it's hard to believe I was once that young" :cute: I passed Cate on the street as I left, he had mentioned her and that he was hoping she would come. He gave a very short statement at the beginning (it was at a very small bookstore and they don't have the space etc for all the people), he said he wanted time to spend time with each person.

He just seemed like a genuinely warm person-I wanted to go to Elizabeth's but I couldn't make it :(

I took what pics I could, I think his eyes are closed in most of them because there were so many flashes going off. I was second in line :shifty:

Here are a few of my pics for you U2democrat, they are not the most flattering pics of him. I'm sure I could take unflattering photos of the most gorgeous man in the world if given the chance.I used the red eye but his eyes are still a lil red, I was too lazy to try to fix it w/ my software

He didn't wear a tie as you can see

edwardsedit_5.jpg

I think this one was him getting annoyed at my flash

edwardsedit_2.jpg

This one is funny

edwardsedit_4.jpg

:applaud:

That's so awesome!!!

I'm very envious. I hope I get another chance to see him in persion (which I probably will considering my political connections and I go to North Carolina all the time to visit family).

Glad you had a chance to meet him :D

Nice little article that was in my local paper-also CSpan has been showing his book appearance at Borders in DC. All the proceeds from Home are going to Habitat For Humanity and a charity for Uganda.

Q & A John Edwards

By Kate Bolick | December 3, 2006

FOLLOWERS OF THE 2004 vice presidential campaign will no doubt recall John Edwards's stump speech tributes to his modest upbringing. As a boy, he moved from house to house. His father was a mill worker who was eventually promoted to supervisor; their homes were small places on dirt roads, or in housing projects. By the time the family of five settled in Robbins, N.C., when Edwards was 12, the foundation for his populist worldview, and his new book, had been laid. "Probably because we moved around so much, for me home is more about all the things that turn a house into a home than it is the house itself," he writes in "Home: The Blueprints of Our Lives" (Collins), a new anthology of essays he recently assembled and edited.

Edwards believes that our experience of home is a "blueprint" that helps "to define how we see ourselves and how we choose to make our way in the world." To put that idea to the test, he solicited reminiscences from more than 1,000 people; the 57 chosen for the book form an eclectic group of movie stars, schoolteachers, politicians -- you name it. Though the essays are often rambling and heavy on platitudes, it's nonetheless a compelling project. John Mellencamp's memory of moving from a lively suburban neighborhood to a big house on a hill is a quiet comment on the isolation of upward mobility. Star Jones Reynolds's first confrontation with racism is equally poignant. Photographs invite scrutiny and comparisons: Set behind a white-picket fence, John Glenn's large, respectable childhood home looks worthy of a senator and astronaut; the ramshackle, three-room dwelling Bob Dole grew up in seems to announce "hard times" -- but according to him was full of laughter.

After the 2004 election, Edwards moved with his wife, Elizabeth, and their two youngest children to a sprawling McMansion on the outskirts of Raleigh. When I arrived one rainy afternoon last month -- on Election Day no less -- my cab driver quipped that it looked more like a town than a house. A dozen cars and trucks gave the impression of a city that never sleeps, as did a wide front porch cluttered with camera equipment -- CBS was setting up for an interview.

So much for my fantasy of sitting down with the former senator for a leisurely literary chat over tea. Instead, an assistant ushered me into a wide foyer, and hurried me to a spacious book-lined study full of comfortable armchairs ("The Good Fight," by Peter Beinart, shared a side table with two issues of Ladies Home Journal). When Edwards arrived, looking youthful as ever in khakis and a blue oxford, I braced myself for the politician's treatment, but I was no match for the warm lull of his Southern cadences.

IDEAS: Where did you get the idea to publish a book about home?

EDWARDS: When I was campaigning for the presidential nomination in 2003, I went back to the home in South Carolina that my parents had brought me to when I was born. I didn't even really live in that house for long; we moved around a lot when I was young. But all these memories came roaring back. Things like me working with my dad, my father coming home from work, me playing high school football, and all of us gathering for meals together.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized that what I remembered from the way I grew up, and the environment I'd grown up in, played a huge role in the way I view the world. I suspected that if this were true of me then it was probably true of a lot of people, maybe most people. I could have written it as a book, but I was more interested in a potpourri of personal experiences, so readers could draw their own conclusions, as opposed to me drawing the conclusions for them.

IDEAS: You don't find the blueprint idea overly determinative?

EDWARDS: That's an interesting question, and not something I've really thought a lot about. Am I arguing that the kind of childhood you had predetermines what the rest of your life is going to be? I don't think that's true. But I do think that for negative or positive it has a huge impact on what kind of life you have.

IDEAS: The book is overwhelmingly positive. Did you plan it that way?

EDWARDS: I hoped the book would turn out to be largely positive, but I didn't know for sure if it would. When I called people, I knew almost nothing about what kind of home they grew up in. Probably, in fairness, a lot of people's memories of their childhood tend to be slanted to the positive. It's a natural thing. You don't want to think about the hard times you had when you were young, which I had and everybody else had.

IDEAS: How did you choose the contributors?

EDWARDS: I decided early on that I wanted a combination of people who were well known and those who weren't. First I made a long list of people I was personally interested in, asked my family and staff for ideas, then just got on the phone and started calling them, and got an amazing response. As you see, we have a wide range of people, from chefs to fashion designers to politicians.

IDEAS: I was struck by the absence of rags-to-riches stories.

EDWARDS: We were more interested in hearing about the homes people grew up in and what they meant about their lives. One thing I found a bit startling is that you can't tell the difference between those who went on to be famous and those who didn't. It's up to the readers to determine the connection. What was it that made Steven Spielberg, growing up in Scottsdale, Arizona, a very small town at the time, interested in becoming a moviemaker? He talks in his piece about going to the local movie theater, and about making his first film with his electric train set.

IDEAS: Were there any other surprises?

EDWARDS: I was really struck by how people focused on the same things. Whether they were famous or not famous, whether they came from a well-to-do background or a poor background, people remembered sitting around the kitchen table, talking with their parents. They remembered learning their values in that environment. You realize there's a consistent thread through most Americans' lives, regardless of whether they immigrated to this country or were born here, whether they live in New York City in the Bronx or whether they live in rural North Carolina like me, or on an Indian reservation, as at least a couple of people do in the book. It's very encouraging. It means we're all bound together by the same things, and they're not material things.

IDEAS: Token Election Day question: If you do run in '08, how would you address the idea of home as president?

EDWARDS: From my perspective, America in part represents a set of values. I think those values are driven to a large extent by the things we learn at home. Work, responsibility, optimism -- the trademarks of America are trademarks that were developed in the homes we grew up in.

Kate Bolick is senior editor of Domino magazine and teaches writing at New York University

:bump:

Politics 2008: John Edwards, Untucked
Newsweek

Dec. 25, 2006 - Jan. 1, 2007 - This year, former vice presidential candidate John Edwards crisscrossed the country, speaking out against poverty and the Iraq war. Edwards said he was getting back to the working-class causes he cared about. He was also playing smart politics—in a Democratic primary dominated by Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, a solid grounding in the populist left could be the only way for Edwards to stay in the game.

But maybe something is really changing inside the son of a millworker. This week he will launch a series of short documentaries on his Web site, OneAmericaCommittee.com, offering behind-the-scenes glimpses of life on the campaign trail. The Webisodes, previewed exclusively by NEWSWEEK, show Edwards struggling with how to show more authenticity on the campaign trail. "I'd rather be successful or unsuccessful based on who I really am, not based on some plastic Ken doll," he says in one episode. "But ... we're so conditioned to say what's safe ... and it's hard to shed all that."

The documentaries—which show the former senator on trips to Iowa and Africa, and places in between—are a start. In one installment, Edwards mocks a memo prepared by staffers reminding him to praise the value of public education when speaking to a group of public-school teachers. "I pay a lot of money for people who have the expertise to tell me that."

The Webisodes are the brainchild of Rielle Hunter, a filmmaker who met Edwards at a New York bar where Edwards was having a business meeting. "I didn't think it was John Edwards," Hunter recalls, "because the public persona did not mesh at all with the person who was sitting in front of me." Hunter pitched Edwards on the documentaries as a medium for bringing the "real John Edwards" to the people.

Edwards still has a ways to go. In the midst of a short theme sequence that begins each Webisode, the camera lingers over the former senator's behind :eek: as he tucks a starched white shirt into his pants. Still, Hunter, now under contract with Edwards's organization, says she sees the untucked John Edwards coming more and more to the fore. "When he gets really tired, he'll jump back into that automatic pilot thing," she says. "But he's aware of it, he doesn't want it to happen."

—Jonathan Darman

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16243412/site/newsweek/

You read my mind, I was about to post that!

Did you watch the video clips of him? Absolutely adorable!!

2008 is going to be the year of the Sex Gods with Obama and Edwards :drool:

Wow! This thread is back!!!

I met John Edwards on November 14th in NYC at a Barnes & Noble. He literally left me speechless...I could barely talk! He was the handsomest and most charismatic man I have ever met.

I asked him to "Please run" twice, and thanked him for caring about those of us who are struggling financially. He said something about what sweet things to say and I said "I mean them!"

I cannot be totally objective about this man, for my family lost my brother Jimmy two days after the Edwards family lost their son and brother Wade. If anyone knows what my family went through...it's his family. And it's events like this, and growing up the son of a mill worker--he had to work for everything he's gotten in life, no one handed him anything--that have given John Edwards a compassion and caring for people that cannot be faked. And Elizabeth...what a gem she is. What an awesome First Lady she would be!!!

Yes, I think Obama is terrific. I still listen to his keynote speech from the Democratic Convention from time to time when I need a little mood brightener. And I am proud to have Hillary as my U.S. Senator. But John Edwards is my first choice, and most likely will remain, my first choice for the Democratic Presidential nominee in 2008.

I'm very fond of this guy as well. He's my first choice as a candidate. I like Obama as well, but I just feel that Edwards has a better chance. I wish to hell America were color-blind politically, but it's not.

Back
Top Bottom