War!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
With recent comments about Obama I have these two questions.

So does this mean that anyone who is pro-war is stupid? Aren't they entitled to there opinion. Do any of you anti-war people in here find any war justifiable?

Yes, anyone who is pro-war cannot be trusted and for a lack of a better word, stupid. There is nothing wrong with being pro-defense. War shouldn't be a choice, it should be used when there is no other choice.

I don't see that logic being used anymore.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Yes, anyone who is pro-war cannot be trusted and for a lack of a better word, stupid. There is nothing wrong with being pro-defense. War shouldn't be a choice, it should be used when there is no other choice.

I don't see that logic being used anymore.

The same could be said about anti-war people too. They cannot be trusted, because we don't know there real agenda. How can you call people stupid for their belief.

Justin24 said:

The same could be said about anti-war people too. They cannot be trusted, because we don't know there real agenda. How can you call people stupid for their belief.

Did you actually read my whole post.

I'm defining someone "pro-war" as someone who WANTS to jump into war, who doesn't exhaust all other possibilities.

They CHOOSE war.

What other agenda would someone who wants a peaceful resolution have?

Someone who want's to jump into war is just about anyone. Many times peace can only be achieved by war.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

What?:huh: I don't want to jump into war. Do you, do you really want to jump into war?

Who sold you that lie?

Since this world is so fucked up, why do we try for peace.

It's no lie. We had to fight the Nazis to achieve peace and stop the holocaust.

Justin24 said:

Since this world is so fucked up, why do we try for peace.
Never a reason to give up.

Justin24 said:

It's no lie.
In context it is a lie. You make it sound like everyone is thirsty for war and it's the only way to achieve anything.

Justin24 said:

We had to fight the Nazis to achieve peace and stop the holocaust.
And this was a war where everything else was exhausted, in fact it went too long.

But I think that no one is right or wrong on their opinion of war. You can't say someone who believes in war is a stupid idiot for wanting war when it happens.

Justin24 said:
But I think that no one is right or wrong on their opinion of war. You can't say someone who believes in war is a stupid idiot for wanting war when it happens.

There is a right and wrong. If I started a war with California right now because I disagreed with your view, you're saying that would be justifiable?

I'm saying someone who just WANTS to declare war without exhausting every avenue is someone who is stupid.

Now of course the issue of "has everything been exhausted" is usually up to debate.

My point is the term "pro-war" is a pretty stupid term. It's just like if someone walked around saying they were pro-abortion, that would mean they enjoy abortion.

Ok I see, now what about Bush. He was given evidence by the british intelligence and CIA is he dumb for pursuing war?

Justin24 said:
Ok I see, now what about Bush. He was given evidence by the british intelligence and CIA is he dumb for pursuing war?

I thought this thread was about war in general.

We've argued the merits of this war over and over.

I think Bush wanted this war. Bush needed this war. This was not a war of necesity.

I'm not against defense. But war should be a last option after all efforts at diplomacy fail. That's not what happened with Iraq. It wasn't a fair war. Afghanistan started out as a fair war because the Taliban had to go, but it got botched and the Taliban is on the comeback.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Did you actually read my whole post.

I'm defining someone "pro-war" as someone who WANTS to jump into war, who doesn't exhaust all other possibilities.

They CHOOSE war.

What other agenda would someone who wants a peaceful resolution have?
Other possibilities would include a previous war, air strikes, containment, weapons inspections and the consideration that the sanctions in place are killing off tens of thousands a year without achieving their goals?

A_Wanderer said:
Other possibilities would include a previous war, air strikes, containment, weapons inspections and the consideration that the sanctions in place are killing off tens of thousands a year without achieving their goals?

Sounds about right to me.

I think that all those who are pro-war should enlist and go fight it. I'm tired of my friends and family having to fight wars that the richer people just wanna sit in their warm comfy homes and chat about.
Sorry, this topic has effected me personally.

A_Wanderer said:

Nice soundbytes. Too bad none of those were completed.

Who says there aren't wealthy kids fighting. I think it's the way there parents raise their kids and teach them about there country is one major factor.

Justin24 said:
Who says there aren't wealthy kids fighting. I think it's the way there parents raise their kids and teach them about there country is one major factor.

Be honest with yourself, the percentage of soldiers from very well to do families is tiny...

It has nothing to do with the way you're raised.

The way children are raised has alot to do with family, but then outside ifluences come into play don't forget that. So they may be pro- american and want to join, until Not in our name comes around.

Justin24 said:
The way children are raised has alot to do with family, but then outside ifluences come into play don't forget that.

This is a given... What's your point?
Justin24 said:

So they may be pro- american and want to join, until Not in our name comes around.

This just leads me to say WTF? So if you don't join you don't love your country?

"until Not in our name comes around" I'm sure you just worded this wrong but I don't understand.

I am not saying that by not joining you don't love your country. But here in the bay area, especially in Santa Cruz they show disrespect towards the men and woman of the United States Armed Forces.

Do you think this world is over populated?

Justin24 said:
But here in the bay area, especially in Santa Cruz they show disrespect towards the men and woman of the United States Armed Forces.

Yes there are people who show disrespect everywhere, what's your point?

Justin24 said:

Do you think this world is over populated?

Woah!!! You are going off on tangents that don't even make sense.:huh:

ok let me start over. War is like the red and blue pill that morpheous holds in his hand one war pill can be for the good of humanity but yet you have the other pill people who think war is never the answer. I say hogwash. Peace is a dream that can probably never be reached, but if we want to reach that peace do you think talking can do much with other people out there who want nothing but death? If that's what they want and if thats our obstical to reach that peace then so be it, even if it means millions or billions dying.

Justin24 said:
ok let me start over. War is like the red and blue pill that morpheous holds in his hand one war pill can be for the good of humanity but yet you have the other pill people who think war is never the answer.
Poor analogy. It's biased throughout. The war pill is good, other people bad... Come on Justin.

Plus have you seen anyone in here say war is never the answer? It's rare you'll find a true pacifist.

Justin24 said:

I say hogwash. Peace is a dream that can probably never be reached, but if we want to reach that peace do you think talking can do much with other people out there who want nothing but death? If that's what they want and if thats our obstical to reach that peace then so be it, even if it means millions or billions dying.

Diplomacy has made a lot of change throughout history. I've already said war needs to be explored when all other options have been exhausted.

I'm really not sure what your agenda is, it seems like all you want me to do is say that THIS war is right. Well it aint gonna happen.

Justin24 said:
With recent comments about Obama I have these two questions.

So does this mean that anyone who is pro-war is stupid? Aren't they entitled to there opinion. Do any of you anti-war people in here find any war justifiable?

Which recent comments? :hmm:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Nice soundbytes. Too bad none of those were completed.
Your right, if we had just waited long enough then Iraq could have imploded alone, but at least we wouldn't feel guilty about it.

A_Wanderer said:
Your right, if we had just waited long enough then Iraq could have imploded alone, but at least we wouldn't feel guilty about it.

And your conscience is free now?

Please, anyone who is guilt free now has no conscience.:|

No it isn't but the ineptitude of Bush right back to the CPA and the concequences of those policies or the sheer evil of Islamist factions and what they are doing to the Iraqi people today doesn't detract from the situation in Iraq before Saddam was removed.

Justin24 said:
So does this mean that anyone who is pro-war is stupid?

Yes. War goes hand-in-hand with death and destruction, so anyone who supports that is, without a doubt, stupid.

Aren't they entitled to there opinion.

And I'm entitled to consider their opinion thoroughly stupid and not worth the time of day.

Do any of you anti-war people in here find any war justifiable?

As a pacifist (but not a "strong" pacifist), I consider violence only appropriate when it is in self-defence or in aid of someone who is not capable of defending themselves. Any and all aggressive acts are reprehensible and unjustified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom