War!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin24 said:
Do you reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllly want to know something. As I was explaining the yin and Yang theory right. So here we have people (Vincent Vega and Mr Pryck and others against who are against) Then you have me who is for so you see you need a balance. And just to let you know. I would rather have peace in this world. I am just showing you how everything needs a balance. Other wise FYM would be so fucking Dull.

I'm not against who are against, I'm just against any unnecessary war.

There is nearly always some counterpart as balance, but I don't see the need for it to exist in any case.

I don't know if you noticed, but a lot of shit has happened in the world since WWII. After WWII, the US got it into their heads that they were the moral compass for the rest of the world. Hence, Korea, Vietnam, and now the Middle East. Hitler wanted to rule the world. The US just wants everyone to have a democracy.
Korea was a waste of time, but at least the US was only involved for 3 years.
Vietnam was absolutely horrible and severely split our country in two. The Middle East situation is headed in the same direction.
I would've fought in WW2 because every single person's life in the world was at stake. That's why it was called a World War. I wouldn't have fought in Vietnam because that was just a political war. Remember, the US was trying to stop the spread of communism? In the first Persian Gulf War, I was 18 years old and you can bet Uncle Sam wanted me to sign up. No fuckin' chance! I ain't fightin for oil! Now we're allegedly fighting to stop terrorism. Terrorism is horrible, but what the fuck are we doing in Iraq? If you're so pro-war, why didn't you go off and fight? The US could use more folks like you. Haven't you heard, Uncle Sam's having a tough time recruiting folks to go off and fight? Unless of course, you're gay. Then Uncle Sam doesn't want you. You might make a pass at one of the boys that's in a foxhole with you.
You're grandpa wouldn't be fighting in today's war and he wouldn't want you fighting in it either.

Well I guess after WW2 we got European colonialism. We would not have been in Vietnam if France had just given Vietnam it's independance and not be a colony. The middle east got fucked up long before the US decided to play in the sandbox. We have the british to thank for that and then Jimmy Carter.

After 9/11 I went to the recruiting office, but they said I was overweight. Oh well.

Ok let me change it. I am pro-war when it's necessary. I agree we should not be in Iraq and we should have concentrated all 130,000 troops in Afghanistan.

Damn, you must've really been overweight for the US to have said "no". I guess this rejection didn't inspire you to lose the weight and put your money where your mouth is.

I go to the gym quite often now. So do you have something against over weight people. Cause I remember you had something in a previous thread against catholics.

Plus my mom did not want me to go, she said she would help pay for my school if I did not go.

Look, at you! "Do I have a problem with fat people?" Nice strategy! Change the subject so we can take away the focus on your flimsy arguments. If you're not willing to fight, stop saying you're pro war. If you gave enough of a shit, you'd be fighting or would've have fought already. Saying your mom wouldn't let you really sounds lame.

BTW, I've got no problem with Catholics! You never had the balls to respond to my rebuttal of your argument in that other thread. If you did, maybe you'd "remember" what I actually said.

How old are you? What's really lame is you don't like to look at things in a different way "Buddy" and go with the flock of sheepol on the same fucking argument. You don't see the balances of things in this world. War can be anything. It could be a war of inner struggle, war can be a struggle from oppression. But you don't look at that do you.

And if you really did give a fucking shit about peace, then why don't you step away from the computer and actually go on humanitarian missions to help those who you feel need help.

This thread has run its course, and the tone of last few posts in particular is unacceptably rude. Plus I'm getting complaints now so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom