Wal-Mart Day of Action

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sparkysgrrrl

War Child
http://www.walmartdayofaction.com/

Fun fun -
*The National Day of Action on Thursday, November 21, 2002 (one week before Thanksgiving Day), will kick off the People?s Campaign for Justice at Wal-Mart. Thousands of American workers, supporters, and organizations will gather at selected Wal-Marts and Sam?s Clubs between 4 and 7 PM to be a collective voice for change in a country where giant corporations like Wal-Mart rake in profits at the expense of employees, neighborhoods, and all fair-minded citizens.*

You can go to the site and find out what WalMart stores near you
are planning events, as well as a Q&A, flyers, and lots of info

very cool. thanks for the link. :up:

walmart is evil. we had protests here last week and some woman on my bus had an excellent anti-walmart sign.

there was a big plant being built in my hometown, and my parents were afraid they were going to get a walmart distribution center. fortunately it's not. walmart has a lovely tendency to use up all the tax breaks, etc. in a town and then bolt about five years later or so when they're used up. it kills small towns like the one i came from. and don't even get me started on how they treat their employees.

I don't personally know about WalMart, but Sony has a history of the same thing. My wife's parents both got the axe last year when a Sony plant shut down....after about 15-20 years in a small town. And where does her dad work now??? At WalMart.com -- a variation of a distribution center (in an adjacent small town).

I've never heard that about WalMart though....

Back
Top Bottom