*Waits For Lawsuit* - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 12-08-2004, 03:37 PM   #46
Local Time: 07:04 AM
Originally posted by ImOuttaControl

The average person who quits drinking regular pop and switches to diet will lose something like 5-10 pounds a year from not having all that pure sugar. But much more importantly, if I go out and have a burger and fries at a restaraunt that is, lets say 1000 or 1200 calories combined, why would I want an extra 300-400 calories from drinking regular pop??? As someone who was a server in a restaraunt for 4 years, most people who order pop at dinner have 2-3 refills on average. Some MANY more. Those calories from pop are completely empty calories while the calories from the real food actually nourishes the body.
I speak from experience when I say this is true. Do they have mountain dew code red in other countries? When they introduced it in the US, I tried it on a whim and became HOOKED. I was always pretty active and apparently thought my metabolism was invincible. Plus, I was going through a rough patch in school where I had to stay up late all the time so the caffeine helped. I began drinking a few 20-oz bottles a week and within a year I had gradually put on 15 pounds. Since then I've completely given it up and thankfully am back to my normal weight; now if I drink pop it's only diet b/c I learned the hard way!!....

Old 12-09-2004, 05:14 AM   #47
The Fly
Local Time: 07:04 AM
Eating a particular meal, like smoking and drinking, is voluntary.