*Waits For Lawsuit*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tania said:
Why does this burger joint specify the type of cow the meat comes from?:eyebrow:

Angus is higher quality than typical meat. Means a lot to some people.

ah, you can't beat the taste of a good veggy burger

bsp77 said:

Angus is higher quality than typical meat. Means a lot to some people.

Ahh, so if you're going to kill yourself may as well be a "high quality" death :laugh:

lauren430 said:
yeah that always cracks me up; people who order food that's really bad for you and then want a diet pop.

Heh, really, that's always struck me as funny, too.

I can't stand diet pop overall-the only kind I would drink would be diet Dr. Pepper, and even then I'd only drink it if there was nothing else around. Otherwise, bring on the caffiene.

Angela

twice the burger, twice the mad cow's disease...

sorry, just that i'm on way to becoming a vegetarian.....i know that sounds stupid "on my way to becoming" but I do things gradually...i've only got chicken & fish to get over.

ewen said:

sorry, just that i'm on way to becoming a vegetarian...i've only got chicken & fish to get over.

that's the hardest part! i can't quite give up my chicken (i have it once or twice a month), and i eat fish occasionally. i don't miss pork or red meat because i never was a big fan in the first place.

lauren430 said:
yeah that always cracks me up; people who order food that's really bad for you and then want a diet pop.

although maybe they really like diet pop over regular so I shouldn't say that I guess.

I do that.. I absolutely hate regular pop! Yes, we say pop in minnesota. Its pure sugar and tastes like syrup to me! On the other hand, I love diet pop...it's light and is refreshing IMO.

Actually, to most people who can't understand eating a burger then ordering a diet pop, the jokes on them.

The average person who quits drinking regular pop and switches to diet will lose something like 5-10 pounds a year from not having all that pure sugar. But much more importantly, if I go out and have a burger and fries at a restaraunt that is, lets say 1000 or 1200 calories combined, why would I want an extra 300-400 calories from drinking regular pop??? As someone who was a server in a restaraunt for 4 years, most people who order pop at dinner have 2-3 refills on average. Some MANY more. Those calories from pop are completely empty calories while the calories from the real food actually nourishes the body.

Last edited:
I gained 10 pounds after reading that.

I have a friend who goes to In N' Out, (the best hamburger joint in the west for those who have never heard of it) and she orders a Double Double combo with a diet coke. I asked her one time why not go all the way, why not just get regular soda since it tastes a little better anyway and she said that ordering a diet soda was her way of justifying what she's about to eat.

See me, I know what I am about to eat so I just go all the way. I get a vanilla milkshake and fries. Sure I need help getting up afterwards, but my way of justifying it is that I rarely go to In N' Out. After reading Schlossberg's Fast Food Nation a few years ago, I lot my appetitie for fast food. :barf:

bsp77 said:
Sounds tasty but deadly. Seriously though, how can people sue about this? How could anyone not realize how bad it is? People have to take responsibility for themselves.

:drool: Bacon :drool:

It does look good :tongue: How could anyone sue over this, come on, no one is forcing you to buy it and eat it!

lauren430 said:
haha...well "pop" is the Midwest equvalent of soda. When I lived on the west coast, it was soda, but then I spent many years in Ohio and it was pop. Down here in the South it's coke no matter what it is, which I find bizarre. It'll always be pop to me, even though I usually get weird looks when I say it. :)

I hadn't thought of it relating to U2 in that way!!

For some unknown reason people here call it soft or fizzy drink. Meh..you learn something new every day.

As for that burger, I think anyone who eats that on a regular basis is bound to have a coronary within a year. On the other hand if you eat it only a few times as a treat to yourself it can't be that bad although from what it's made of I think I'd chunder at the sight.

Cheers

Speaking of food....I am sooooo hooked on bratworst injected with cheddar cheese

ImOuttaControl said:

The average person who quits drinking regular pop and switches to diet will lose something like 5-10 pounds a year from not having all that pure sugar. But much more importantly, if I go out and have a burger and fries at a restaraunt that is, lets say 1000 or 1200 calories combined, why would I want an extra 300-400 calories from drinking regular pop??? As someone who was a server in a restaraunt for 4 years, most people who order pop at dinner have 2-3 refills on average. Some MANY more. Those calories from pop are completely empty calories while the calories from the real food actually nourishes the body.

I speak from experience when I say this is true. Do they have mountain dew code red in other countries? When they introduced it in the US, I tried it on a whim and became HOOKED. I was always pretty active and apparently thought my metabolism was invincible. Plus, I was going through a rough patch in school where I had to stay up late all the time so the caffeine helped. I began drinking a few 20-oz bottles a week and within a year I had gradually put on 15 pounds. Since then I've completely given it up and thankfully am back to my normal weight; now if I drink pop it's only diet b/c I learned the hard way!!....:huh:

Back
Top Bottom